PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Siekan

Telan Desaria
Jun 30th, 2005, 08:53:45 AM
Visc , Khendon, Anar, SIl - -you all need to contact me ASAP.

Khendon Sevon
Jun 30th, 2005, 10:39:44 AM
Why don't you just invite us all to a nice little chat on AIM/MSN? Sound good?

Darth Viscera
Jun 30th, 2005, 12:39:12 PM
dammit, why couldn't you just PM us about it? the suspense is killing me.

Telan Desaria
Jun 30th, 2005, 07:57:58 PM
I do not believe he has access to this forum and if he does I think it prudent it be revoked immediately.

Siekan and I had a conversation today whereby I offered him my assistance is his rp technique - instead of accepting or respectfully declining he became childish and insulting. I reminded him that he has disobeyed my orders countless times in the Sov and that is something no commander IC OOC or IRL would have ever stood for as long as I did - -Visc - Khendon - -you have given him the ave long ago if you knew the extent I dealt with this.

Effective 1700 this afternoon,l I suspended him from the Empire and placed him on forced leave pending an investogation/discussion among we, the ruling body of the Empire.

Darth Viscera
Jun 30th, 2005, 08:50:32 PM
http://www.swforums.net/archive/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=136&daysprune=1000&sortorder=&sortfield=lastpost&perpage=25&pagenumber=3

That's a link to the 4th page of the recruitment forum, where in 2001 he tried to join the empire numerous times and was denied entry due to his awful english skills. I tried to help him along with his writing skills, which culminated in him getting drunk, cussing me out and blocking me from his AIM, at which point I pulled the plug on him.

Still, I'd like us all to hear his side of the story before we deliberate on whether or not to give him the boot again. I know that one of his characters is Severen Morkonis, but what's the name of his Imperial character? "Sieken Kasstra" isn't a member of swfans. Someone find out the name of his Imperial character. I'll add it to the access mask for The Lab forum, and he can explain his side of the story.

Khendon Sevon
Jun 30th, 2005, 10:49:21 PM
He'll be away for the next three weeks.

Yes, he is a horrible writer and doesn't listen to anyone. If you try to point something out to him he gets emotional about it.

That being said, I think he could still become a good writer. He just needs to learn patience and understanding.

Darth Viscera
Jun 30th, 2005, 11:06:20 PM
yeah, but what's his imperial character name?

Telan Desaria
Jul 1st, 2005, 05:28:35 AM
Leon Degrelle.

That is what I told him - -that he has potential and I offered to help him at which point he began his temper tantrums.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 1st, 2005, 06:27:40 AM
There is this thing. It is called build-break-build. It is what successful managers use to better their employees while still making said employees feel as though they have done a good job.

A) Mikey has significantly improved in his writing over time.

B) He has proved helpful in many aspects - namely teaming up with Khendon to put together the Imperials most wanted list.

A certain amount of tact has to be used when dealing with correcting a person's writing/typing, and that is where build-break-build comes in. For instance: if you were wanting to correct something someone posted, bbb works thusly:

"Hey, that's actually a really good way to counter my post, I like how you did that alot. Only thing wrong I see are a few mispellings, but other than that you're doing great."

It's simple, easy, and makes the other person feel good about what they've done while at the same time helping to steer them and hopefully get them to pay more attention to their errors.

The alternative? To be honest, how would you like it if someone said in essence "Your spelling sucks. I'm much better at it than you, so I'm going to show you how to do it the right way."?

Telan Desaria
Jul 1st, 2005, 08:43:10 AM
I would never say that! I remember beginning here with mjy share of bugs and only practise and vigilance made me what I am now. I have a great deal of empathy/sympathy/amnesty - -whats the word - - for him. That is why I wanted to help him. But I cannot turn a blind eye to his continued resistance to orders. He asked for an assignment once I said take an underground team ot Coruscant and assasinate the Imperial oberserver there, Moff Gerion. Instead he made another thread doing something else entirely. I said no to his illuminati idea because Desaria wou;d never approve it - -he would hunt it down if it more muddled the chain of command.

My problem washow he reacted and his continued insubordination. He wished to be relieved and I obliged him.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 1st, 2005, 08:49:58 AM
What you say and what people percieve can sometimes be two very different things. Trust me, I have been on both sides of that fence, and that would largely serve to explain how he reacted. I'm not saying your intentions were to try and lord over him in terms of being a grammar nazi; what I'm saying is that patience must be excercised.

And let's face it - Matt, you sometimes have the social skills of an octopus :p

Darth Viscera
Jul 1st, 2005, 09:05:34 AM
well I gave Leon access to The Lab, but he hasn't posted with that account in 6 months

Telan Desaria
Jul 1st, 2005, 11:47:28 AM
The matter is closed then - -Siekan is dischraged.

And you told me I was loveably pompous. Just wait until I invade Alabama....

Khendon Sevon
Jul 1st, 2005, 11:59:32 AM
An addition to the BBB comment:

Never use the word "but." (John your writing is improving greatly, but your grammar isn't up to par, keep trying to do your best). The word "but" instantly degrades the integrity of your attempt at honest approval/praise.

It’s just one of those weird psychological thingies that Dale Carnegie talks about in How to Win Friends and Influence People, a book I need to read over again and over again.

Darth Viscera
Jul 1st, 2005, 02:49:25 PM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
The matter is closed then - -Siekan is dischraged.

hold your horses there, kaiser bill.

Telan Desaria
Jul 1st, 2005, 03:09:01 PM
I am no monarch---tho he was one for pageantry

Darth Viscera
Jul 1st, 2005, 03:30:33 PM
and for getting cigarettes shot out of his mouth by Annie Oakley at Buffalo Bill's Wild West show. Oh you german nobels and your youthful tomfoolery!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 1st, 2005, 05:05:57 PM
I agree with Walter. Hold up on declaring Mikey anything. I personally would not like to see any sort of expulsion in his case; regardless of whether in the past he's been denied acceptance into the Empire. Frankly, this isn't the Sovereignty anymore, so Matt, you can't just go off all half-cocked and get rid of him. People say things they don't mean sometimes, and in the heat of the moment, I can understand that he would say something along the lines of 'fine, get rid of me'.

Unlike those SMS text butcherers, Mikey has shown improvement. As I said before, patience and persistance is the key.

Telan Desaria
Jul 1st, 2005, 05:49:11 PM
SMS is the abbreviated dedication for warships in the Imperial German Navy.

Khendon Sevon
Jul 1st, 2005, 08:38:28 PM
*sigh* I don't think that's what S'il meant.

I also agree that he has improved in writing skills. It is up to us as experienced RPers to help the community. We have to give back to it. The best way is by helping other RPers.

Telan Desaria
Jul 1st, 2005, 11:54:41 PM
Is no one listening to me???? I have triedrepeatedly in obtrusive as well as unobtrusive ways. It is not his rping skills for which I have suspended him but his insubordination!!!!

Darth Viscera
Jul 2nd, 2005, 12:02:56 AM
Oh well yeah, insubordination is a different story. If someone's insubordinate then you have to eject them from the empire and never let them back.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 2nd, 2005, 12:24:34 AM
I'm firing all of you. Except Khendon. He gets a palm frond and gets to be my fan boy.

Tear
Jul 2nd, 2005, 01:13:58 AM
:lol

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 2nd, 2005, 01:35:06 AM
And Tear. Tear gets to be the pillow fluffer.

Tear
Jul 2nd, 2005, 02:53:19 AM
Least im not just a fluffer...o_O

Tiberius Anar
Jul 2nd, 2005, 03:22:34 AM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
Is no one listening to me???? I have triedrepeatedly in obtrusive as well as unobtrusive ways. It is not his rping skills for which I have suspended him but his insubordination!!!!

You are no longer in a position to unilaterally decide such things. This is not the sovereignty in which you were the only group mod and group leader. This is the Galactic Empire now and there are two other mods (Visc and Khendon) plus s'il overseeing the group. It is up to all of you to make the decision not just one of you and the concensus seems to be that "discharging" him is not the thing to do here.

Telan Desaria
Jul 2nd, 2005, 05:14:55 PM
I am a mod as well - -I believe. Or have I been totally robbed of my position. Shall I cease my activities now> Am I now nothing in the Empire????????????/

Tiberius do not be my Brutus. I would have assumed you be to my stalwart supporter not one to deride my abilities or detract from my position. I am horrified at the way things are turning out.

Darth Viscera
Jul 2nd, 2005, 06:07:58 PM
Matt, relax. No one is deriding you, you haven't been robbed of your position, and far from nothing, you're a valuable long-standing member of the empire who is among friends.

What we're all saying is that the situation with Sieken is a delicate one, and that it would be best to find some way to deal with this other than expelling him again. Perhaps some sort of warning regarding the IC insubordination.

Telan Desaria
Jul 2nd, 2005, 06:26:21 PM
As well as IC/OOC disobeying of direct orders. He is absejnt now to the best of my knowledge. So I allow the matter to rest with you.

Telan Desaria
Aug 1st, 2005, 02:09:20 PM
He has posted requesting readmittance. I suggest we consider it

Darth Viscera
Aug 1st, 2005, 11:14:13 PM
link?

Telan Desaria
Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:56:41 AM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39132