PDA

View Full Version : Question about Battle of Endor Knowledge

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Jun 27th, 2005, 12:46:02 PM
Does everyone know that the Emperor and Vader died yet?

I need to know!

Tiberius Anar
Jun 27th, 2005, 01:28:02 PM
It is going to be announced by the Empire at the end of the first day after the battle, her hand being forced by its leaking by Rebel agents on some worlds. Anything happening after that point will be happening in a Galaxy aware of the Emperor's death. There may be some outlying regions where the news has not filtered through due to limits on communication tech, but generally speaking people will know.

The spin in the announcement, by the way, will be "positive". We will depicting it as the assasination of a helpless old man by a rogue jedi insurgent (Skywalker) trained by the ruthless Obi-Wan Kenobi who was amongst those to betray the Republic. Vader was cut down defending his master from the assassin's blade. This will give the Empire and excuse to start a jedi-hunt all over again and give impetus to the prosecution of the war as more than simply bringing order- it is avenging a beloved and respected man who's life was taken unlwafully and underhandedly.

Finally, to clear things up- the Death Star survived with heavy damage. It was NOT destroyed (some people are out of the loop and have erroneously stated otherwise.)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:40:34 PM
Just curious - at the time of the Aces High charity function, will the news have broken?

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:34:46 PM
I would presume so, but that is just me. In my PM to Tiberius about posting together in Aces, I mentioned that since they recently worked together, going to the ball would be a good public political move

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Jun 27th, 2005, 11:10:59 PM
Ah so we all KNOW the Battle of Endor was a mess then. Perhaps it is the "bantha in the room" that no one talks about.

Tiberius Anar
Jun 28th, 2005, 04:20:21 AM
I would say that yes everyone at the party knows- it would be happening a few days later perhaps? And yes- a bantha in the room splendid idea, especially since the people there may have the connections to know that it was not quite as rosy an outcome as was depicted in the announcement. (We calim a resounding victory at Endor despite the loss of Palpatine). People could dance around the edges of the topic until...

At most charity events of this sort is it not the practice for some distinguished personage to make a speech? What if the guest speaker alludes to the Endor fiasco and to the fact that the Empire has twice now made the mistake of building a superweapon and twice it has failed or caused havock. They might even call upon the government to apologise for the actions of Tarkin at Alderran. Just a thought.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 28th, 2005, 02:15:45 PM
ooh good idea!!

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 28th, 2005, 03:50:27 PM
They might even call upon the government to apologise for the actions of Tarkin at Alderran. Just a thought.

:: miranda hides in the corner ::

:p

Tiberius Anar
Jun 28th, 2005, 04:39:39 PM
:lol at Navaria

Telan Desaria
Jul 3rd, 2005, 11:15:34 AM
Galaxy-wide news will be slow to come. By a week most should know but some backwater areas might not know for months - - a Star Destroyer calling on a port along the Unknowns without a HOLONET connection might now know.

Information will be quick to worlds in the Core and slow to worlds on the fringe, under siege,k et al.