PDA

View Full Version : The video game of your dreams?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 27th, 2005, 07:58:35 AM
Since it's summer, exams are over and I have no job, I have been spending a lot of time just reading and thinking. One of the topics that crops up a lot in my mind is "Wouldn't this make an awesome video game?" So, here are my ideas for videogames that I'd like to see. If you have any, please share :)

Jack the Ripper
I know there are already games based on this, but they're all awful point and click things that bore the hell out of me. In this game, you would get to play as Jack the Ripper. I know this would be a bit difficult, since no one knows who he is, but bare with me! The game would be similar to Thief, only with the emphasis on killing rather than stealing. You have to avoid the police and manage to knock off a bunch of whores. Maybe leave some creative clues behind. Perhaps the storyline could be similar to the "From Hell" movie.

Dark Tower
I would love to see a Final Fantasy style RPG of the Gunslinger! Some people will call me blasphemous for this, but I think it would be incredibly cool. There's definetly more than enough material for a central plot, with lots of mini-games and quests thrown in there. The book runs just like the Final Fantasy games, picking up new party members with different skills, encountering different "boss" characters. It's never going to happen, but I can dream!

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 27th, 2005, 08:13:47 AM
Dark Tower and Discworld would be excellent for me.

I'd love to be able to have a game made out of all of my Sanis stuff. The "cowboys in space" genre really needs more love. That being said, games involving Han Solo, Outlaw Star, or Firefly would also scratch this itch for me.

Droo
Jun 27th, 2005, 08:13:47 AM
Oh, this one is simple:

The Legend of Zelda MMORPG :love

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 27th, 2005, 08:18:47 AM
A more expansive Discworld game would be great. Something like the Discworld MUD, only with actual graphics... a sprawling MMORPG. They've got all the quests, character classes, etc already in there. Just need someone official to make the game!

Speaking of the Disc, have you gotten around to play Noir yet, Charley? :)

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 27th, 2005, 08:23:56 AM
I can't play it. It won't run on WinXP :cry

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 27th, 2005, 08:31:30 AM
That's odd. I use WinXP and it runs fine. I was just playing it yesterday.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 27th, 2005, 09:16:10 AM
Oh, well let me try it then ^_^;

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 27th, 2005, 09:36:24 AM
Good luck. Hoping it works, because you have been sorely missing out!

Peter McCoy
Jun 27th, 2005, 08:37:46 PM
Resident Evil + Half Life 2 = NOSH!!!

Basically, I'd love a game that had the awesome physics of Half-Life 2 and the idea of survival horror. I initially got the idea from reading Richard Matheson's 'I Am Legend'. It'd be 1st or 3rd person (like Thief: Deadly Shadows) and you could drive around in your truck and gather whatever you liked - food, ammo, tools, wood, metal, bodies, people, anything. Then your next port of call would be to find a good building, eg a house, and start making it safe. You'd be able to nail planks of wood across windows, reinforce doors with extra locks or barricades. Basically the level would be dynamic in that you could build and demolish as you see fit. Then the next part is when the zombies/vampires/psycho's arrive and try to get in. You'll have to defend your safehouse with shotguns and sub-machine guns, and if they manage to get inside...your bare hands.

RPG elements like in System Shock 2 would be cool too, but its ultimately a 3D survival horror with a dynamic world - c4 can destroy walls, you can make bridges with planks and secure them with nails or cement etc.

That would be coolness!

Khendon Sevon
Jun 27th, 2005, 09:41:58 PM
In regards to the HL2 + res evil:

There's a HL2 that is somewhat like your idea. It's called "The Bitter End"... the first beta release sucks. It'll take some time for this mod to be anywhere near good; but, hey, it has potential, right?

Kelt Simoson
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:30:27 AM
Halo 2/Halflife 2/ Doom3 Hybrid :D

Graphics wise i mean :)

Darth Viscera
Jun 28th, 2005, 02:48:59 PM
Star Trek: The Dominion Wars Online (MMORPG)

You start out assigned to a starship during the war with the dominion, and get to man the weapons station and fire phasers and quantum torpedoes at Jem'Hadar warships, and if you miss a lot, you get demoted to monitoring the Hydroponics bay. Also you get to take part in a battle with thousands of ships involved, and spend all your free time in the holodeck.

Lady Vader
Jun 28th, 2005, 03:11:21 PM
World of Warcfaft!!!

Oh wait... ^_^;

:p