PDA

View Full Version : Mind or muscle? (open)

Yurza Magus
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:26:34 AM
A figure hung upside down, suspended in the air from a small, yet very strong string. Yurza closed his eyes as he stretched his senses outward into the void that was the Force. The other Sith were around somewhere keeping themselves busy. Some eating or resting and one or two more like himself, were training.

He slowly stretched his hands down towards the floor, letting his fingertips lightly brush the cold duraacrete surface. He slowly pushed with the Force and felt the string loosen as he rose a few centimeters from the ground. Even though he wanted to, he dared not smile, for risk of breaking his concentration. While he was not a novice when it came to his telekinetic powers, they were no where near as strong as his illusionary powers.

He slowly removed his foot from the loop of string and for one glorious moment, he was levitating on his own free will, but only for a second. He fell onto the floor headfirst. Only thanks to his combat training was he able to keep his neck from breaking as he swung his legs back so that he landed on the top of his back, allowing him to roll forward and lay there on his back.

"I did it! A second this time. Soon it will be for a minute and then an hour and then indefinite!" He said in a small fit of laughter. That was before he stopped and listened. He was no longer alone.

Zereth Lancer
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:48:45 PM
From behind Yurza came of the sould of heavy applause. It sounded to the man as if a hundred people where clapping their hands together. The thought of such an audience was ridiculas and unheard of on Korriban; with a higher population of mummified sith lords then ones among the living. And it was not normal for a sithling to be applauded for a good job. Perhaps an encouraging word, but no applause.

When Yurza turned to look behind him; only a single man stood there, clapping his hands. With a sly grin the man slid his hands backwards and clasped them together behind his back. There was no great multitude of watchers, not anything in the slightest. Just a dark haired man in light fitting clothing who watched Yurza with eyes as red as blood.

Silence reigned for a few minutes. Neither man spoke but continued to gaze at each other. The man atlast broke the silence "Very interesting. I would say that the skill you showed was so bad that it sickens be to the core..." He paused and sly grin crossed his lips, "...But I must say that your perseverence is a encouraging sight."

Zereth Lancer had never spoken with the Yurza before but he knew who he was, even if he didn't know who Zereth was. As Knight and Eldar of this fair order; Zereth made it habit to know as much as he could about the many students, his fellow knights, the lords, and the masters as much as he could. He knew that the one before him was Yurza Magus. A promissing student who showed great skill in Illusions but poor skill in Telekenesis; as was Zereth.

Yurza Magus
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:13:39 PM
"Prehaps. But if that show is the only thing you can conjure then atleast we are equal," the Sith said as he stood up, dusting himself off. He was a proud man and while he could take critisism from most, he drew the line at being called pathetic. Besides if that was really all that man was capable of them he was in for a big surprise.

He studied the man once more before crossing his arms and passing a stern look across his face. He had studied the texts and history of the Sith Order so he was fairly sure who this man was. "Zereth Lancer, Sith Knight?"

Zereth Lancer
Jun 30th, 2005, 09:51:29 PM
Zereth's grin returned to his face. "Yes, you are correct, Yurza Magus." He said as he started to walk in a circle around Yurza. "That show, as you call it, was not all that I can conjure. But I am not here to show off. I'm here because I wish to know all who pass through these dark halls. I find it wrong for one in my position to stroll through these vast caverns and not know who the people are that I pass by." He continued to circle, not in the aggressive way a predator eyes its prey, but as one would study a opponent. His eyes roved all over, taking in all of Yurza's outward appearence. He knew that what he saw was deceiving. He knew that Yurza held much more power then was visable from the outside.

"I also have been seeking new apprentices of late. Not that anything is wrong with you; but I don't think I am in the league to teach one of your skill. So far I have not found any apprentices that would take my offer, but I will not give up. I percevier with the knowledge that giving up had never helped anyone, and will not help me with this next step of my life's journey."

Zereth stopped circling when he was once again infront of Yurza. "So tell me; have you a master?"

Yurza Magus
Jul 1st, 2005, 03:38:43 PM
"Not as you would think of a master, but I do call the Force my master...atleast for now," he added the last part quietly. Though he had been taught that no man in the last thousand years had mastered the Force, he was determined to do it even if it was his last act in this galaxy. "My former teacher met his fate a good time ago now."

"And yourself?" He asked watching Zereth circle him. He studied the other man just as he knew he was studying him. While he was out of his sight for a few moments behind him, Yurza studied the man through the Force and knew he was strong.

Zereth Lancer
Jul 3rd, 2005, 10:14:24 PM
"Deceased" Zereth said plainly. "He has been dead for a good time, and like you the force has become my master now. Through meditation I learn, with determination I practice, and through repedition I master it. It is a long and tiring process, but I would have it no other way."

"Now tell me, Sir Magus, where does your expertise lie?" Although he had read the young man's application, Zereth lever trusted written down words the way. The didn't show emotion, it didn't care a tone of voice that could be listened to and through listening determine if the speaker is lying or not.

Yurza Magus
Jul 4th, 2005, 08:08:28 AM
Yurza smiled as he held up his hand and in a burst of flame a eloquent golden goblet appeared. "Tricks of the mind," he said. And with a flick of a wrist the goblet was gone.