PDA

View Full Version : American McGee's Alice

Phantom
Jun 25th, 2005, 03:34:59 PM
Again I was looking through some articles at Cinescape when I saw this. (http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=49009)

This twisted take on Lewis Carroll's classic "picks up Alice after her home has been destroyed and family killed. The sole survivor of the disaster, she returns to a dark and threatening Wonderland where she must confront her fears before returning to her normal life.

It actually sounds kind of interesting. The things you could do with wonderland are limitless. And here I thought wonderland was twisted enough, lol.

Sarah Michelle Gellar has been signed to play Alice. With Marcus Nispel to direct.

Droo
Jun 25th, 2005, 05:35:42 PM
Not Sarah Michelle Gellar! :(

I remember following this ages ago and being really excited about it. I can't remember who was rumoured to have been interested in directing this movie but what I do remember is that Milla Jovovich was supposed to have been Alice. I want Milla to be Alice. :cry

Anyway, this still has potential. I've always thought of Wonderland as a very scary place and it's characters pretty terrifying depending on how you take them. I have visions of American McGee's Alice here and that would be visually impressive. Fingers crossed.

Edit: Just read the article, this is based on the video game. I'll be really looking forward to this and in retrospect, Sarah Michelle Gellar I can deal with.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 26th, 2005, 04:56:07 AM
Oh, this is great! Looking forward to hearing who they cast in the other roles :)

Clive Solo
Jun 26th, 2005, 02:43:33 PM
Originally posted by Phantom
Sarah Michelle Gellar has been signed to play Alice.

Crap.

Just when I was starting to get interested...

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:22:46 PM
Originally posted by Droo
I want Milla to be Alice. :cry

Just go watch Resident Evil again. :lol

Zereth Lancer
Jun 26th, 2005, 10:27:43 PM
Sounds interesting. But, like Clive, the thought of Sarah Michelle Gellar makes it less interesting. We can only hope that she does the role well.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:45:54 AM
Why are people bothered by the fact that Sarah Michelle Gellar is involved?

Daiquiri
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:48:58 PM
I think Alice was scary enough the first time around...and I still firmly believe that the writers were doing acid when they wrote it!

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 27th, 2005, 03:20:59 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic

Why are people bothered by the fact that Sarah Michelle Gellar is involved?

too much Buffy? My only guess

Shawn
Jul 15th, 2005, 12:01:26 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Why are people bothered by the fact that Sarah Michelle Gellar is involved? She's really not a very good actress. She pretty much plays Buffy in the other things I've seen her in.

Also:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8973/alicewall88av.th.jpg (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alicewall88av.jpg)

JMK
Jul 15th, 2005, 01:04:56 PM
This just reeks of hollywood once again squeezing blood from a stone.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 19th, 2009, 05:23:44 AM
It'll be interesting to see how this differs from Tim Burton's upcoming Alice project. American McGee's Alice seems much more rooted in horror and the twisted side of Wonderland, whereas the concept images from Tim Burton do look bizarre I wouldn't say they are especially sinister/creepy.

Sarah Michelle Gellar has been signed to play Alice. With Marcus Nispel to direct.

Apparently neither SMG nor Marcus Nispel are attached to this project anymore.

Emelie Shadowstar
Jul 19th, 2009, 01:21:02 PM
Apparently neither SMG nor Marcus Nispel are attached to this project anymore.

THANK. YOU. GOD. I honestly can't stand her and the moment I just never could see her playing Alice. Ever. lol

I wonder if they'll try and time the release of this movie with the second game.. though at this point I get the feeling a lot of people would probably just be all "Why are they doing another Alice? Burton just did a version!"

:| I'm such a nerdy fangirl over this... I loved. LOVED that game...probably a bit too much. lol

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 19th, 2009, 01:24:12 PM
Yeah, it is unfortunate that Tim Burton will likely overshadow this if they come out at the same time... but I don't think the two movies will be targetting the same audiences so maybe it won't matter.

Emelie Shadowstar
Jul 19th, 2009, 01:37:45 PM
Hmm... true.

If it wasn't for the fact the character designs are already set... I'd ALMOST love to see Guillermo del Toro direct it. Mmm...he does such wonderful eye candy. :3

What that man could do with a set like the Fortress of Doors I can only begin to imagine.