PDA

View Full Version : Dear God, why won't they just kill it

Phantom
Jun 25th, 2005, 03:17:15 PM
I was looking through some articales at Cinescape when I fell upon this (http://www.cinescape.com/0/Editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&obj_id=42483)

It looks as though Paul W.S. Anderson is planning on making Resident Evil a triology. Milla already said she would come back for the third film. Now don't get me wrong I loved the first film, but I loath the second.

Someone just needs to take out Anderson.

Vishan Korogoth
Jun 25th, 2005, 03:20:28 PM
Yes, the second movie was horrible but I would be interested to see where they are going with it. The ending of the second movie made me go, huh? It was a surprise, at least for me, and the only interesting part of the movie.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jun 25th, 2005, 06:57:16 PM
The second movie was everything that the first one was not. That is to say, terrible.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:21:40 PM
They both were terrible, IMO. I am glad I didn't see either one in theaters.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 25th, 2005, 11:54:58 PM
I really enjoyed the first one, but the second looked like it became a worthless action flick. The first one had a good deal of style and enough subtly that it actually worked quite well.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jun 26th, 2005, 04:05:16 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
They both were terrible, IMO. I am glad I didn't see either one in theaters.

Except the first one was rather refreshing as far as the usual horror faire goes. It worked very well outside of the box, even if the name "Racoon City" is one of the dumbest things that has ever been subjected upon us by the Japanese.

Tevit Ramastan
Jun 28th, 2005, 02:20:52 AM
Ugh, the first one was dreadful enough that I could hardly understand why the second one was made.

Please, let someone shoot this franchise in the head, then burn it.

Oriadin
Jun 30th, 2005, 04:03:13 PM
I quite enjoyed the first and was terribly dissapointed with the second. I really wish they had kept the story line more loyal to the games.

Baralai Lotus
Jul 9th, 2005, 04:08:45 AM
Alright, let the RE master step in. First of all, yes both the movies were crap. The first one was absolutely terrible, but there were cool little fan tidbits. For instance, the computer was Alexia Ashford, I thought that was cool. It was very entertaining to watch people use their creative liscense, that was neat to me.

Secondly, yes, if they do make a third one it will prolly be terrible. But for those of you who don't understand what happened to Alice at the end of RE2: Apocalypse, let me explain. In the end of the first movie, Alice was subjected to long and massive exposure to the T-Virus and it's antidote. This caused a balance to build in her body with the cells and the virus, hence why she became stronger, faster and so forth in the second movie. At the end of the second movie, she was given more prolonged exposure to the virus. This caused her to develop powers beyond human comprehension. Alice has stepped to the level of a demi-God basically. With psychokinetic powers and possibly the ability to conjure flame. She is considered highly dangerous. If you have played any of the games, her ability is much like that of Alexia's in Code Veronica. So, just like in that game, the cells will eventually begin to mutate and needless to say, be the ultimate end of Alice.

Thirdly, the movies are loosely based around the games. The games are what Capcom intended for them to be, but, if you want the true throwdown on what goes on in Umbrella, it's destruction, the characters and what not, then read the novels by S.D.Perry. The novels give you information you wouldn't even beleive, and tells you about the different levels of Umbrella. White, Red, Yellow, Black. . .etc. . .If they were to base the movies off of anything, it should be the books because they are quite incredible. There are seven of them and they're not terribly long. Weekend reads really. Highly decent if anyone cares to read them.

Alright, I'm done. . .*sighs* Sorry, RE is like my obsession. I know too much about that series.

JediMaster Orin Di'Freeze
Jul 12th, 2005, 04:42:29 PM
In all honesty, I think the series needs less action, more riddles and intrigue.

like the game.

As far as umbrella corporation, imagine one entity in the world with the power and resources of Microsoft, IBM, Motorola, the US Government, GM Corporation and BioPharmaceuticle rolled into one. scary....

microsoft already tries to dominate every other arena nowadays.

I owned both movies. I look forward to the third.

it is what it is, a movie.