PDA

View Full Version : AIF Tribute to George Lucas

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 20th, 2005, 09:08:02 PM
They aired this tonight who watched it? It was fun to really watch Hamill, Fisher and Ford talk about the films. Fisher's speech was hilarious. And then there was Shanter's opening that was funny, especially with the dancing Stormtroopers :p

Jedieb
Jun 20th, 2005, 11:29:01 PM
I saw it tonight as well. Shatner was hysterical. He may be an egomaniac, but he's a funny one.
"Aren't these conventions great?"

Fisher had the speech of the night. I can't wait for her book to be released. Maybe will find out who it was she slept with to get the job. :evil

Rutabaga
Jun 21st, 2005, 12:10:52 AM
Fun show, I'm glad I watched it. Carrie Fisher was without a doubt the major highlight of the night, and Shatner's opening number was hilarious too. Plus, it was no surprise, after seeing all the liquor bottles on everyone's tables, that Harrison Ford seemed to be at least one sheet to the wind :D.

It was just kinda weird to realize that the only actor from the prequel trilogy who was there was Jimmy Smits, it just felt kinda incomplete in that regard :\. And wow, I was extremely surprised that they actually showed the end of the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel.

GL's acceptance speech was nice, and I loved Spielberg's intro and the montage of all the people thanking GL, that was really sweet :).

jjwr
Jun 21st, 2005, 06:17:52 AM
I want to see it but missed it last night. Did they say if they will show it again?

I'm suprised none of the prequel actors were around, I know most weren't in all 3 movies but someone like McDermid, McGregor or Padme(drawig a total blank on her name) would have been fitting.

JMK
Jun 21st, 2005, 06:50:38 AM
I haven't seen it, but I'm sure it will be on the Star Wars box set. ;)

It really is too bad that none of the prequel actors were able to make it, I mean what excuse could Jake Lloyd or Ahmed Best be doing that they couldn't make it?

Jedieb
Jun 21st, 2005, 07:05:07 AM
I thnk Best was at the door but wasn't let because no one recognized him. What was funny was seeing a couple of USA network stars in the audience. Finally, having a show on cable TV pays off for Anthony Michael Hall! And did anyone see that skeleton that Harrison Ford took to the tribute? Man, and people say he has no sense of humor.

JMK
Jun 21st, 2005, 07:31:54 AM
Maybe it was a prop from Temple of Doom?

Rutabaga
Jun 21st, 2005, 07:35:41 AM
Originally posted by Jedieb
I thnk Best was at the door but wasn't let because no one recognized him. What was funny was seeing a couple of USA network stars in the audience. Finally, having a show on cable TV pays off for Anthony Michael Hall! And did anyone see that skeleton that Harrison Ford took to the tribute? Man, and people say he has no sense of humor.

Oh yeah, if I'd seen one more fawning, adoring look from that skeleton, I was about ready to smash my TV, yuck >_<

CMJ
Jun 21st, 2005, 10:36:04 AM
Don't make fun of thin people, I'm practically a skeleton myself(and as a guy it's worse). :p

The tribute was terrific. I wished their had been of a prequel representation as well, but nonetheless. I was also hoping more of the American Graffitti folks would show up.

Oh, and is it me or did Peter Jackson lose like 100 lbs?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 21st, 2005, 10:41:03 AM
A SKINNY MAN SWALLOWED PETER JACKSON!!!

He did, he lost about 100 pounds I heard. I didn't believe it until I saw him last night. His hair and his voice were the only things I could recognize!!

Shatner was great, and Fisher was hilarious. Harrison Ford was great talking about the Indiana Jones movies. :D

CMJ
Jun 21st, 2005, 10:52:16 AM
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how much I liked John Williams's speech. The guy is pure class all the way.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 21st, 2005, 04:23:02 PM
Well the reason for the lack of Prequel actors I think is most of them are busy. I know Ewan is doing Guys and Dolls in England somewhere and Natalie is filming a movie in England as well. I think I read that Samuel L. Jackson was filming a movie too. Where Hayden was I have no idea could have got him at the very worst.

Rutabaga
Jun 21st, 2005, 05:56:37 PM
Hayden is apparently filming a new version of The Decameron in Italy, I believe. So yeah, I guess maybe with everybody off filming or being involved in other things, they weren't able to make it. Still would have been nice to see them, though :).

Hera
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:31:26 PM
I didnt see this either :(

I do hope someone brought up the memo Lucas got when filming the originals of Why does the wookie have no pants?

That just kills me :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:51:00 PM
Well that makes sense I guess he could have have brought Palps though probably figured Jimmy Smits was the bigger name.