PDA

View Full Version : Our Bitter Alliance

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 18th, 2005, 02:04:18 PM
So long as there was such a thing as loyalty, there would be traitors. Beings of all species have been corrupted by power since the very dawn of time. Supposedly steadfast members of the Empire were no different. Denied the exquisite power of the Force that only the Emperor and Lord Vader were permitted to use, many grew jaded. Few had the courage to made good on their vengeful wishes. Many simply brooded in silence, occasionally dabbling in the dark arts in secrets. There were a handful of renegades who went the whole distance, however. Branded traitors of the highest degree, they were scattered to the four corners of the universe. It was these men and women that Vega Van-Derveld, graduate of the esteemed Corulag Academy, meant to find.

Infamous as they were, it was not difficult to track them down. Power went to their heads and all too soon they were trying to inspire little rebellions of their own, or touting themselves as merciless hunters for hire. It was this latter category that Damien Arkady fell into. Vega had managed to track him to the smoggy streets of Nar Shaddaa. It was there, under the pseudonym Nightmare, that Arkady had begun his trade as a mercenary.

A persuasive word here and there allowed Van-Derveld to organize a personal meeting with Damien, scheduled to take place at midnight on one of the less frequented walkways close to a seedy little cantina named the Nebula. In the shadows of the upper strata, he waited at the dead end of the street, silently awaiting the arrival the one who called himself Nightmare.

Nightmare
Jun 20th, 2005, 11:56:48 PM
An evil darkness crept slowly into the mercenaries unforgiving eyes, causing the emerald within his orbs to burn brightly in the dim light of the Smuggles Moon. Silently he sat perched upon the cantians rooftop, watching the man as he moved across the walkway. An unseen smirk crept slowly onto his lips as he watched the man sink into the shadows of the walkway. This entire 'meeting' seemed a bit peculiar, even in his line of business and he could ill afford being caught off guard. Though in the end he was a mercenary, and the promise of a job and credits were the determining factor. Casting a last glance in the direction of the man he turned and leapt from the opposite side of the building, landing below without a sound.

Moments later the somber sound of heavily booted footsteps suddenly filled the air, echoing like thunder through the desolate walkway of Nar Shaddaa, utterly shattering the once near tangible silence that held tight the area. Shadows of the deepest black consumed the walkway in which the footsteps walked, concealing the ill omen from all sight. Eyes of the darkest green shown brightly in the shadows, burning with raw unbridled hate. The shadows moved without haste, drawing towards a destination at the dead end of the street.

After some time had passed the shadows came to a stop, standing motionless before the one who had summoned him. Slowly the shadows began to recede, revealing within their wake a tall and menacing figure. He was clad entirely in the darkest of black, though an enormous cloak of blood red hung from his massive frame, flowing gracefully behind him as he moved. His face was covered, hidden beneath a dark and gothic mask, allowing only his eyes to be seen. After a long silence he spoke.

" You risk much by being here Imperial, Nar Shaddaa does not take kindly to members of the Empire. However, your request to see me has perked my interest. For some reason I doubt you are here for my ... services. So if you would be so kind; why do you wish to see me? "

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 27th, 2005, 04:02:17 AM
“I’m here with a proposition, Damien. Something to dredge you out of this… drenhole of a planet,” Vega said, smiling thinly. He was, as ever, frank and to the point. “It’s nothing to do with that fetid Empire. I abandoned their ways long ago, for something far more promising.”

Nightmare
Jun 28th, 2005, 10:47:02 PM
Nightmare held his composure, showing no outward emotion nor surprise that Vega knew of his real name. He simply chuckled lightly to himself. This man was thorough and best of all, to the point. With a slight nod, he responded.

" Very well, you have my attention. "

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 6th, 2005, 09:14:19 AM
“It’s rumored that you’ve… attempted to train yourself, in the use of the Force.”

Vega frowned slightly. Renegades such as himself often had very different notions about the Force and how to develop the power it provided. He hoped Arkady’s methods hadn’t been too basic – he didn’t have the patience to instruct someone from scratch.

“Is this true?”