PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Yun,Grace,Oriadin, Karl

Estelle Russard
Jun 17th, 2005, 09:17:41 PM
I have been discussing possibilities with some of you through PM and it makes more sense to do it in a thread, so we can all communicate. (plus I get confused too easy)

So here it is (the thread :) )

I am planning to kill off Estelle's NPC boyfriend in the next thread somehow as an example of the "cost" for Estelle (and his) choice of joining the Rebels.

Oriadin was going to be the Jedi who tries to assist James, but sad to say, he fails to save him. This goes far to seal the fact to Estelle that Jedi are good guys after all. And establishes a connection between their two characters.

The circumstances of his death are where Yul and Karl (and Grace if she is interested) come into the planning.

Karl had suggested his Nightmare Character Naomi being involved -- but I will let him explain it.

Yun -- perhaps it could be at a Rebel meeting, or drop or something. I was even thinking the NPC Randolf being the reason for the cover being blown as he is the overeager sort that tend to act before he thinks.

Anyway, please voice suggestions, pros/cons, things you dont wanna see happen etc.

If we cant do the thread with us all involved, then we can do a couple threads.

Also, if others would like to be involved, you are welcome to post, but keep in mind that I dont want it to get too complicated and unweildy.

thats about it, for outline from me so far.

Drin Kizael
Jun 18th, 2005, 08:11:28 AM
I figured James' shirt was kinda red.

Please note for future planning that this thread is happening just before Endor. I will establish this in my converstaion with Grace.

At this time it's too dangerous for us to be on Imperial Center. Our visit would have to be for more than recruitment. So we were thinking we're here for an information gathering mission.

I just told Estelle in a PM that even if her father's contract was new, he'd still have some military clearance. All we need are some passcodes and IP addresses from the old man's computer and we do the rest. The ultimate side effect of that part is that this is how we learn that Palpatine will be on the Death Star.

Perhaps the Empire could find out about the slice and zero in on James, who was already suspected of being a Rebel. They send Karl.

Not sure how the Jedi and the Nightmare project figure in. I assume Oriadin had an angle in mind for that part.

Yun Tilgraze
Jun 18th, 2005, 08:15:06 AM
And I have NO idea how I suddenly switched accounts to Drin Kizael when I posted the above.

Karl Valten
Jun 18th, 2005, 08:50:45 AM
Nightmare is the Inquisition's lapdogs and part of their duties involves taking out internal threats, traitors, and purging force users. I was thinking that Naomi would be bump into Estelle and eventually find out about the things Grace told her. Naomi tries to get Estelle to trust her so the Inquisition can bust in on the rebels.

Tracking the slice would work to finally get a lock on the rebels and *boom* the Inquisitoriate sends in 2 or 3 squads of Inquisitorial troopers with Naomi leading the charge on behalf of Nightmare.

Edit: Karl wouldn't have been on Coruscant until about a week after Endor, so he probably won't be directly involved in this thread.

Yun Tilgraze
Jun 18th, 2005, 09:43:17 AM
Originally posted by Karl Valten
I was thinking that Naomi would be bump into Estelle and eventually find out about the things Grace told her. Naomi tries to get Estelle to trust her so the Inquisition can bust in on the rebels.
Seeing Naomi try to get info out of Estelle would be interesting to read. But if it actually worked to the point of her giving up any info about the meet, we'd scrap the whole op and she wouldn't be joining the Rebels. (we're still monitoring her. sshh)

After thinking it's a dead end, noticing the slice could work. We'd be gone by the time your squads traced it... so they could go after their prime suspect, James, instead.

Estelle Russard
Jun 18th, 2005, 05:01:46 PM
I can see the logic behind Jason Russards network being used, but having it discovered by the Imperials would automatically lead them to Estelle and also end her fathers contract.

I dont want Estelle recognized by the Imperials as a spy or possible spy, especially at the outset of her char development.

I was assuming Naomi would have no idea Estelle was contemplating becoming a rebel, only that the interaction between the two would contrast the Imp POV compared to the Rebel POV (provided by Grace in Nudgings thread). I was thinking they might meet at a business suare thing, casual setting.

Estelle cannot be the leak -- its way too soon for that.

Her continuance as a viable Rebel Spy has to be that she is not suspected (As Yun has pointed out) and will eventually have access through her Fathers business associates.

As for James, he is an "insignificant" in terms of the attention of Nightmare. He happens to be a casualty of his new association, rather than the target of it. Perhaps he accompanies Randolf on some kind of information run for the rebels (randolf having drawn more attention to himself by reason of his vocality and longing for action) Randolf being the target, James the unlucky mug who came with him. Randolf's information could be the news of Palpatine on the DS. He may or may not even know the information he is passing on, being so low level.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 18th, 2005, 06:58:53 PM
Originally posted by Drin KizaelPlease note for future planning that this thread is happening just before Endor. I will establish this in my converstaion with Grace.

Why is there a news bulletin in the middle of the thread that declares the Emperor Dead then?

edit: sneaky estelle edited it out I see. Okay, n/m, sorry for butting in. :p

Yun Tilgraze
Jun 18th, 2005, 07:13:53 PM
Originally posted by Estelle Russard
I can see the logic behind Jason Russards network being used, but having it discovered by the Imperials would automatically lead them to Estelle and also end her fathers contract.

I didn't realize you wanted to be a spy and still have connections to your family.

See the thing is... it's too dangerous to come to Imperial Center just to recruit someone. We'd have to have another objective planned up front. And having us there just to happen to learn about Palpatine by coincidence isn't very inspiring.

I'm not really feeling the motivation if James just happens to be a casualty while on another mission that has nothing to do with her. I guess you could do it that way, but I'd think she needs to SEE him die to have it sink in.

So whether Nightmare is after Jason, us, or one of the other jokers from your first post and Jason is with him "playing" cloak and dagger, that's up to you. I do kinda like the idea of parallel subplots.

Just don't have him be the one who finds out about Palpatine. Leave that for us. If we had addresses and a random system account stolen from Rusard's files, but none of his passwords, nothing we did would implicate him.

Karl Valten
Jun 18th, 2005, 09:07:56 PM
Originally posted by Yun Tilgraze
I'm not really feeling the motivation if James just happens to be a casualty while on another mission that has nothing to do with her. I guess you could do it that way, but I'd think she needs to SEE him die to have it sink in.

I agree on this, Estelle would definatly need to see James die. If Naomi getting to be 'friends' with Estelle could work out, having Naomi kill James would add to the emotional effect.

My personal goal in this is to make PN known to the rebels, so I'd really like to git them in somehow.

Hera
Jun 19th, 2005, 12:57:21 AM
I didn't realize you wanted to be a spy and still have connections to your family.

Yes, the point of having Jason Russard have a contract with the Imperials is her "in" to getting any sort of useful information on behalf of the rebels on an ongoing basis. The whole idea of a spy is to lead a double-life. Or it is, the way I'd planned to develop Estelle.

I agree on this, Estelle would definatly need to see James die. If Naomi getting to be 'friends' with Estelle could work out, having Naomi kill James would add to the emotional effect.

I was planning that, but didn't put that in actual words in the above outline (Had said it in a PM to someone, but of course, helps if I reiterated it here I suppose >_< ). That also goes for her seeing Oriadin try to help him. Kind of has no impact if the guy is just a name to her.

See the thing is... it's too dangerous to come to Imperial Center just to recruit someone. We'd have to have another objective planned up front. And having us there just to happen to learn about Palpatine by coincidence isn't very inspiring.

I dont know what you mean by coincidence, Yun ? If your main objective is to get info, you guys would be touching base with as many contacts as possible wouldn't you, and not really know what information would be coming down the pipe? Maybe Im misunderstanding something.

If we had addresses and a random system account stolen from Rusard's files, but none of his passwords, nothing we did would implicate him.

I guess James could bring you these addresses etc. He would have opportunity being Estelle's boyfriend. Or even Randolf, if he tagged along with them to the Russard home. They are sortof friends. (Estelle and James havent even been confirmed to work for the rebels yet. It makes no sense to me that at this point, they would bring Yun and Grace valuable information. Hence my suggestion of the Randolf guy).

Perhaps at a celebration at the Russard home for the new contract could provide the opportunity for him to get the info. It would also provide the location for the Naomi/Estelle meet. Perhaps something Randolf says tips Naomi off and when she kills him (and James) at the info exchange, she thinks the whole problem taken care of. All the details of where Estelle is and why she is with them I can work out in the posting etc. Maybe she's waiting in the car. Or something.

Anyway, the main thing we need to come up with is a reason for the PN to be there, the Rebels to be there and James,Estelle to be there all at the same time. (As far as I know, Oriadin will just happen along)

In keeping form to the idea of subplot, Estelle in this scenario is more on the peripheral. The events themselves being center stage and their impact on her decision to go full throttle for the rebels.

edit: sneaky estelle edited it out I see. Okay, n/m, sorry for butting in.

yeah, sorry about the ol' switcharoony posting there LD :)

Oriadin
Jun 19th, 2005, 09:15:52 AM
gah, sorry its taken so long to post... had a problem with my home network going down and then had a pretty busy weekend.

Anyway, there hasnt been too much discussion on the point of where I'll be involved yet. I think its going to be a pretty small part in all of this. As mentioned above, somewhat of a subplot. I like the sound of how this could shape up for Oriadin though.

Yun Tilgraze
Jun 19th, 2005, 09:27:30 AM
I might not be communicating very well becase it kinda bugs me that we're giving away the whole plot of a very cool thread on an open forum. At least we're not getting too many hits.

I just think that the primary information gathering mission should be done by the Rebels without your complete knowledge. They're using Estelle in case she doesn't join up. With some fancy technology, they can get all they need to slice the system if you just get close enough to a data terminal for a couple minutes.

It'd be kind of lame if the Emporer going to Endor was party talk. That kind of information would be too classified. I'd like the rebels to be a little more active in getting that information through a mission or they come off as window dressing.

The party sounds good to get Naomi together with everyone involved.

I'm looking at a few possibilities now...

1. The rebels slice the system with information stolen w/o anyone's knowledge and operate on their own. Meanwhile the wannabes are staging a mission in their attempt to play at being rebels and it goes bad.

2. The rebels need to slice the system from in the building at a mainframe terminal. James and Randolf are attacked trying to drop off the keycards. During the fight, one of the rebels manages to copy one of the cards.

3. They all get into the building, then get hit on the way out. Or even on the way in, so long as Yun and Grace manage to salvage something without the Empire knowing.

And yeah... how does our Jedi fit in?

Hera
Jun 19th, 2005, 01:55:37 PM

It'd be kind of lame if the Emporer going to Endor was party talk.

This isn't what I suggested. The party would simply provide the opportunity for Randolf to get certain addresses or IP access for the rebels Intel to exploit.

I think it has to be without a doubt the rebels have to do the slicing to get such guarded information. If I remember correctly, it was Vader himself that announced on ship that the Emporer would be coming to the DS. The Imperial commander was surprised to hear the news, so it is not going to be something easily obtained.

2. The rebels need to slice the system from in the building at a mainframe terminal. James and Randolf are attacked trying to drop off the keycards. During the fight, one of the rebels manages to copy one of the cards.

I'm liking this the best. But what "building" are you referring to?

I might not be communicating very well becase it kinda bugs me that we're giving away the whole plot of a very cool thread on an open forum.

Our open discussion isnt going to make this thread any less cool :p It was just too hard to keep track and all be on the same page through me sending 3 or 4 people diff PMs. It doesnt mean we cant pull some surprises, but as long as we get the reasonable outline, we can all work to the same end. the main thing being a logical reason for us all being at the same place.

Anyway, there hasnt been too much discussion on the point of where I'll be involved yet. I think its going to be a pretty small part in all of this. As mentioned above, somewhat of a subplot. I like the sound of how this could shape up for Oriadin though.

Basically Oriadin, you can write yourself in at any point that suits you. I have full trust in your creativity :)
Your role is to a) try to help James b) put in a good showing for the Jedi in Estelle's eyes. And maybe c) (but this is entirely up to you) This scenario can put Oriadin on the radar of the Imperials or Rebels. Or both.

OK...so I think we are making progress.

1. Estelle and Naomi meet at the party under completely benign circumstances.

2. The rebels need to slice the system from in the building(?) at a mainframe terminal. James and Randolf are attacked trying to drop off the keycards. During the fight, one of the rebels manages to copy one of the cards.
(This will work just fine imo, depending on what building we are talking about. I am assuming some Imp data base in the city?)

3. Perhaps Naomi, who is tracking someone else entirely shows up to attack the rebels. It doesnt necessarily have to be someone in our group. Just someone that is along with the rebels on the slicing job.

4. Estelle - however I can write it in - is witness to the attack, and the attacker (Naomi) She is also witness to Oriadin helping.

Oriadin
Jun 19th, 2005, 03:27:19 PM
For the time being, Oriadin isnt overly keen in making himself too known, since he knows all the Jedi are meant to be dead. Times like this come up though and he cant help but try and do the right thing, a sort of reluctant hero.

So let me just get this straight a sec, Naomi is attacking a group of rebels and somehow Oriadin gets caught up in helping them out. Obviously Estelles other half meets his end and she sees this, but sees the Jedi trying to help him out?

Drin Kizael
Jun 19th, 2005, 03:28:02 PM
Originally posted by DarthHERA
I'm liking this the best. But what "building" are you referring to?

Russard's company.

Estelle Russard
Jun 19th, 2005, 03:38:15 PM
Originally posted by Oriadin

So let me just get this straight a sec, Naomi is attacking a group of rebels and somehow Oriadin gets caught up in helping them out. Obviously Estelles other half meets his end and she sees this, but sees the Jedi trying to help him out?

Yes

Russard's company.

The problem with this is that it totally compromises the whole base of Estelle's potential future access.
Im not willing to give that angle up as I think it holds a lot of possibilities.
( Especially since the Imps are cool with it.
Permission thread (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=38720) )

Naomi Lang
Jun 19th, 2005, 03:46:55 PM
We do what we can.:D

Um, one thing, how is Oriadin going to jump in to protect the rebels. In all reality the Inquisitorial troops, while trained to deal with force users, are no match against a lightsaber. If you want to get a duel or whatever, I could have Naomi equipped with an electro-weapon of some sort. Or do you want him to be too caught up in dealing with so many troops?

Hera
Jun 19th, 2005, 03:49:19 PM
That can be worked out between you and Ori, I should think.

Oriadin
Jun 19th, 2005, 04:03:48 PM
Originally posted by Naomi Lang
We do what we can.:D

Um, one thing, how is Oriadin going to jump in to protect the rebels. In all reality the Inquisitorial troops, while trained to deal with force users, are no match against a lightsaber. If you want to get a duel or whatever, I could have Naomi equipped with an electro-weapon of some sort. Or do you want him to be too caught up in dealing with so many troops?

I should think being caught up with too many troops should be sufficiant. Oriadin will be trying to protect as many people as he can, and obviously he cant save them all. Although he is of Jedi knight standard and he still keeps up his training, its not like it was in the days of old. Oriaidn is rusty and not in top shape. At first, he will probably try hide the fact he was once a Jedi, but then have to resort to weilding his light saber

Drin Kizael
Jun 19th, 2005, 06:14:56 PM
Originally posted by Estelle Russard
The problem with this is that it totally compromises the whole base of Estelle's potential future access.
Im not willing to give that angle up as I think it holds a lot of possibilities
If someone else stole the cards, broke in and sliced the system... how does that implicate you? Especially if they kill the perpetrators (Jason and Randolf). You're in the clear.

Hera
Jun 19th, 2005, 07:07:22 PM
Well the fact that Jason Russard's company has been breeched, its his access cards you would be using wouldnt it? As far as the Imperials POV, they give a new contract and the same week its the place for a security leak. To me, thats suspicious at best, but maybe thats because I know its suspicious. :p

Im trying to make it a clear point for the RP that I dont want to screw up Estelle's cover before Ive even had the chance to use it.

How about this scenario:

<u>PLOT:</u>

*Yun & Graces' primary objective in coming to Imperial Center is to information gather (the recruitment meeting being secondary). They have been given a location in the city center by one of their active agents where a data base can be hacked into. (Maybe the agent works at an Imp recruiting office or the tax dept, or something - anything basically that a government employee would have access to. This agent has arranged for a runner (Randolf) to deliver the access keys to Yun & Grace at the appointed place.

*Naomi from PN has been long time monitoring this particular agent, and the same night of the hack has planned to close the net on him.

*The location of the building is in an area of the city to which Oriadin finds himself. Enter the Jedi.

*The hack goes awry Rebel Intel meets Project Nightmare. Naomi/Rebels have a shoot out or something. There are casualties. But information was obtained as to the Emporer and Yun and Grace escape to make use of it.

<u>SUBPLOT: (Peripheral events to the main).</u>

*Estelle & Naomi meet at a celebration party for her father night before the Rebel/Rudolf rendevoux. Their conversation is a forum for Naomi to give the Imp POV of the Empire etc.

*Randolf urges James to accompany him to the drop.

*Estelle follows James to the scene, arriving in time to see all the bad go down, including Naomi's brutality etc.

*The impact of everyone's actions in this whole scenario solidify Estelle's choice to serve the Rebel cause.

I think that covers most of what everyone wants out of this thread.

?

Drin Kizael
Jun 19th, 2005, 09:43:07 PM
I guess. I still don't see how anything we do implicates Estelle if the Imps are able to pin the whole thing on Randolf and James. He is her boyfriend after all, and has obvious opportunity to steal the keys. They wouldn't necessarily be the father's personal keys though. They could be any generic keycode that we could duplicate onto another card.

Everything else works fine. Just figured it'd tighten up the plot a little if it was Rusard's systems we were using. And the idea of the Rebels using Estelle without her knowledge adds a fun level or moral relativsm for her to deal with.

If it still seems like that big of a plot hole, no big deal. Your outline still works.

Hera
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:12:07 PM
I would still rather not use the Russard company in this.

If everyone is good with this, we can go ahead. Please post a yay or nay, as you can. thx

Karl Valten
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:13:44 PM
My only question was PMed to your Estelle account.

Yay.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:46:40 PM
Happy to still be a part of it

yay :)

Oriadin
Jun 22nd, 2005, 01:35:36 PM
Yay :)

Drin Kizael
Jun 22nd, 2005, 01:38:10 PM
Aye

Estelle Russard
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:29:40 PM
alrighty.

New thread:

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38859

Karl Valten
Aug 16th, 2005, 08:31:28 PM
Sorry about my slow posting. I am extremely busy. Soccer and Marching Band just started and school starts at the begining of September.

I do, however, have about a page of writing started. Here's to hoping that I'll post by tommorrow night or thursday.

P.S-- Absolutely NO band camp jokes from you lot.

Tear
Aug 16th, 2005, 10:50:30 PM
Keep an eye on the girl with the flute:D

Theres no way I could have kept that in.,

Estelle Russard
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:47:15 PM
Hail the return of The Military Minstrel! :D

No problem Karl. ST threads usually move slower anyway.
Overall, things seem to be moving along now tho dont you think?

Fairly soon I guess we will have to move Estelle and Naomi out of the party setting, but imo, everything is falling nicely into place.

Almost like it was scripted :rolleyes

Karl Valten
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:54:02 AM
......Military Minstrel........yeah....interesting, I kinda like it, has a ring to it.:rollin

The thread is moving along pretty darn well, a few shakes here and there, but heck, its moving along faster than quite a few of my other threads. (Darn PN people not posting or leaving an PM saying they're gone.:grumble)

Khendon Sevon
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:09:51 AM
Scary moment. As I read the Minstrel part I was listening to Falconer ~ Lament of a Minstrel... what're the chances?

Hera
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:15:14 PM
There are no chances. It is all my sinister design, donchya know.