PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars

Tasha McTallen
Jun 16th, 2005, 05:17:54 PM
I'm wondering if anybody here has this game? It's a strictly online game which you don't have to pay to play each month.

Figrin D'an
Jun 16th, 2005, 08:13:44 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36784

Several of us here had been playing the game since it's E3 open event last fall and participated in the monthly betas as well. I personally do not play it anymore, even after getting the beta pre-order. I became more interested in World of Warcraft, and I wasn't keen on many of the changes made to the game during the beta (particularly the interface). I'm not sure who, if anyone, purchased the final game and is playing it actively.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 16th, 2005, 10:49:31 PM
No, I was dissapointed with most of the interface changes and it was enough to put me off from buying the game, coupled with my lack of free time during the last semester.

Droo
Jun 20th, 2005, 11:27:30 AM
I am actively playing it and love it. We have a guild of about thirty members, we PVP regularly, have our own guild hall and many of us have at least one ascended character.

Guild Wars is a fantastic game. Comparing it to other MMORPGs and taking into account you don't have any monthly fees - I have no problems with it whatsoever. It's awesomeness.

Tod Marr
Jun 26th, 2005, 05:40:38 AM
I've got it too, but prefer World of Warcraft. If money is an issue, get Guild Wars. If you can pay the fees, get Warcraft. Like most things, you get what you pay for.

Silus Xilarian
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:22:47 PM
Originally posted by Tod Marr
I've got it too, but prefer World of Warcraft. If money is an issue, get Guild Wars. If you can pay the fees, get Warcraft. Like most things, you get what you pay for.

what he said

Dark Lord Rivin
Jun 27th, 2005, 10:21:09 AM
I am soo Adicicted to This game.... I have my own guild too. 18 members, Guild hall, and just starting to get into Guild battles...

I've only had the game for a little over a month and allready I have well over 150 hours of play on just one of my 4 characters...

I don't have any other Online games to compare it to since I refuse to pay monthly for anything I already payed like $50 for... But I'm loving Guild wars...

Crystal
Jun 29th, 2005, 08:12:43 AM
It's taken me a while but I'm going to buy it eventually.

Edit: I've got it now and I'm playing under Leeloo Mina

Fig - the switch thing worked, I got my bone idol. :) Sad to hear you're not playing anymore :(

Tasha McTallen
Jul 22nd, 2005, 06:06:33 PM
I'll have to keep my eyes open for you when I'm playing.

And the Guild that Rivin has, at last count has almost 70 members.

Jeseth Cloak
Aug 20th, 2005, 09:22:36 PM
I played for a bit but found it way too easy... Now I play World of Warcraft.

Zasz Grimm
Aug 21st, 2005, 01:32:32 AM
Originally posted by Jeseth Cloak
I played for a bit but found it way too easy... Now I play World of Warcraft.

Welcome to the light.

Crystal
Aug 21st, 2005, 03:13:55 AM
Originally posted by Zasz Grimm
Welcome to the light.

Shush you! :mad

Stupid WoW stealing all my Guild Warsin' friends.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 21st, 2005, 12:09:06 PM
I have Guild Wars now, my friend bought it for me instead of paying me f50 for his NiN ticket.

Thank god they fixed the interface.

Jeseth Cloak
Aug 21st, 2005, 10:35:24 PM
Originally posted by Zasz Grimm
Welcome to the light. Level 60 Undead Mage/Level 40 Undead Rogue on the Nathrezim (PvP) server.

Crystal
Aug 22nd, 2005, 02:49:11 PM
Originally posted by Jeseth Cloak
blah blah wow stuff

Stick to your own thread. Out.

Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I have Guild Wars now, my friend bought it for me instead of paying me f50 for his NiN ticket.

Thank god they fixed the interface.

What's your name? I think I took you off my friend list because you never were on and I assumed you didn't buy it.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 22nd, 2005, 10:17:43 PM
Arduna Ving

Ryla Relvinian
Sep 8th, 2005, 01:42:52 PM
My Fiancee bought it and we both play... Though he gets to play at night after work and I get to play during the day. I only have a level 3 monk character right now, just played it for a few hours this morning, but I like it so far.

Tasha McTallen
Sep 8th, 2005, 08:52:32 PM
What's your name on GW?? I'd be willing to add you to my friends list so we can talk at least, quite likely party together if you want to.

For those of you interested, my main character is Marga Alton, she's a lvl 17 Elementalist/Monk for now, secondary class changing at least briefly once I become Ascended.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 27th, 2009, 10:44:42 AM
Four years on... anyone still playing this? It's pretty cheap on Steam so I have been thinking of buying <_<

Peter McCoy
Apr 27th, 2009, 11:45:53 AM
I jump on it every now and again. If you get the Nightfall expansion, the Dervish class is sweet for dps! Plus I think the different locations are awesome.

Tear
Apr 27th, 2009, 11:55:55 AM
I despise the fact you cannot jump in that game. You'll have some objective right next to you but on another side of a fence. Because of that you'll have to take a long trip allllll the way around to get where you need to go instead of hopping over a fence.

Charlotte Tur'enne
Apr 27th, 2009, 08:18:35 PM
I play.

A lot.

:|

Yep. lol

Even with all it's insane annoyances they added in like daily challenges and such now that I am now hopelessly addicted to.

Dasquian Belargic
May 3rd, 2010, 10:12:44 AM
Guild Wars is on sale at the moment, at a 50% discount on Steam!

(I bought it :ohno)

Droo
May 3rd, 2010, 01:13:49 PM
It's a fun game. You will find it very limited compared to Warcraft though - I happened to play it and love it in a happy time between SWG and WoW - but for what it is, Guild Wars is a very well made game which is fun and really quite immersive. I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

Dasquian Belargic
May 6th, 2010, 11:26:01 AM
I am only level 7 so far, but I am enjoying the fact that I don't have to group with other random players. Is it possible to play the entire game like this? I know I have had one quest so far that requires someone elses help, but overall it feels a lot more like I'm playing a single-player game... except when I go into a town, but even then I haven't been anywhere thats busy like Stormwind or Undercity.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 3rd, 2010, 03:23:35 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fi6MIMA2Jxw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fi6MIMA2Jxw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

A neat video of the voice work going into Guild Wars 2