PDA

View Full Version : Ambitions

Revan Luciano
Jun 14th, 2005, 06:29:21 PM
He was reckless, dancing around on the balls of his feet before the veteran combatant, like the every bounce of his step gave him some sort of secret advantage hidden in the depths of an ancient and unbeatable form of combat. But their was no such style, every combat form had it's strength, and everyone had it's weakness'. Only the truly knowledgable survived. When the enemy discovered the weakness in your stance and form, you had to change it up or fall prey to some unending combination of attacks.

The Rookie across from the silver-maned veteran was about to learn that lesson. First, a test of the waters. Revan had been left standing still and in his stance for so long, for a fight, he expected the young-man wouldn't be expecting any sort of action any time soon. Most likely, he was guaging the veteran as one who waited for attack. As if to dash those thoughts, Revan advanced in a pace and threw his left hand out in a wide motion meant to smack the boy across the face - to bait him.

Sure enough, the trap had been set and the boy had taken the bait. Thinking he had the advantage with the defense of Revan's blow, he advanced in for a quick jab. This was easily remedied as Revan dropped his left side back, sliding his left foot back, and brought his right hand up to guide the man's fist low and off course. Immediate reaction, Revan's hand came up for an open palm smack against the man's temple - causing a bit of disorientation and a waivering in those bouncing steps he made.

Another attempt by the young-man to make up for his folly, the same sort of jab as before, and the same sort of reply came - a drop of the right side this time and an open palm strike to his other temple. He was keeping his hands too low, such a rookie mistake. And now, he was falling into the second trap. Anger was a tool, yes, but only when controlled. Rage ran rampant through the boy at the took mocking strikes, prompting him to step his attack up from a jab to a straight uppercut for Revan's jaw.

With the twist of the upper torso, Revan caught the wrist of the young man and secured his fist in place. His other hand snapped up from beneath the boy's arm and suceeded in straightening it by a push to the elbow, until hyperextending it with the sickening crack of his bones falling from placement, much to the delight of the crowds. Sliding his foot a hair out to the side, he hooked his toe in behind the boy's ankle - too distracted by his pain to realize, and dropped him from his feet, dislocating the shoulder by keeping his grip on the fist.

The boy now on the ground and clutching to his arm, writhed in pain. The roar of the crowd grew louder, some individuals obviously enjoying the fight for more then the skill displayed - they were filling their pockets at the rookie's expense. A last sweep of his blue gaze across the caged off arena, and his eyes fell back to the young man. "Learn, or get out of the ring." He mused in a calm sort of tone, before kicking his foot across the boy's face and rendering him unconscious.

Blue eyes again lifted to the row of spectators, just as a judge came out to pronounce the veteran the victor of the fight - lifting his arm aloft. With a moment spent to revel in the attention basked upon him, the fighter stepped from the ring and begin to unwind the tape from his wrists - moving back to his changing room to garb himself in some more appropriate clothing, for a night to spend his own winnings.

Eve Siren
Jun 14th, 2005, 06:54:42 PM
Eve hadn't seen Revan for a long time. Hidden behind the large jumping audience, she didn't even need to conceal her Force signature - the audience was big enough to hide her petite figure. Watching Revan fight was interesting. This time especially, because she wasn't his opponent. Not the most romantic story to tell the kids, she thought and then laughed under her breath. By the looks of his previous match, he had improved a lot. So did she, under the training of a well-known Sith Master. For now, her training was tucked away far into her mind. She was more occupied with the memories of Revan. The thought of their previous passion brought a smirk to her glossy lips. The match was drawing near its end and it was time to go.

But she didn't want to.

Instead, she snuck through the audience and reached the changing rooms. Nobody actually tried to stop her. The joint was not known enough to have security. Besides, why would the fighters need security ? However, she waited until the few people around wandered off before stepping into Revan's room. She'd wait for him there, she thought.

Revan Luciano
Jun 14th, 2005, 07:10:14 PM
Discarding the balled up tape into a waste bin outside his door, the veteran fighter leaned his shoulder off into the door and slipped within. Blue eyes lifted upwards to the out of place figure within his room, eventually coming to meet the woman's gaze and appraise her facial features. Of course their was an immediate realization of just who had decided to grace his changing quarters; Eve.

Azure eyes took a slow draw down, Revan paused within the doorway - unmoving. Eventually, however, he regained his composure and broke his gaze from the woman to move across to a chair nearby to her. Leaning forward and past her to remove the towel of the seat behind her, he began to wipe his face and torso of the small beads of sweat that graced his features.

"To what do I owe the.." He paused his words to emphasize his statement, and even take a moment of appraisal of her features, before speaking again. "..pleasure, of this visit." Upon completion of his statement, he didn't hesitate to turn away and move back across the small chamber and towards the refresher. In passing, he divested himself of the last of his clothing and stepped into the shower - prefering the feel of a liquid shower after a fight, in comparison to the efficient sonic showers.

Eve Siren
Jun 14th, 2005, 07:26:59 PM
An old-fashioned shower, it was typical of him. It was also typical of him to jump into it before even letting her speak. She followed him slowly but only leaned on a wall near the shower, forcing her eyes to avoid gazing at his body. As if she didn't memorize it back then; he had an amazing physique. As the sound of the water running settled between them, she shrugged her shoulders and sighed in reply to his question.

With a playful smile on her lips, she looked up to the ceiling then back down around the small around. Though she wasn't looking for anything in particular, she eyed everything as she spoke. "I just missed you. Is that surprising ?" Their separation was sadly a blur to her. It was most possible that it was a stupid reason and the both of them were too stubborn to say anything about it back then. She listened to him shower in silence.

The Sith Knight wore simple black tank top and her usual pair of leather pants and knee-high stilettos. She liked being simple with her long strands of dark brown hair were in loose wavey locks, visibly weaponless. Eve didn't like complicated things. Perhaps it became too complicated between them, she thought to herself, which led to their separation. She leaned her head back against the wall and took a deep breath. "You've improved." She finally muttered.

Revan Luciano
Jun 14th, 2005, 07:44:25 PM
His hand pressed firmly into the wall of the shower, beads of water running down across his back to end at the drain on the floor. A small smile slowly spread over his lips, fleeting as it was, in response to her statement. With the slight shift of his eyes to the woman that made every effort to look away, his voice lifted again in a soft tone - though audible enough to be heard over the sound of the running water. "It is, actually.."

His jaw tensed slightly at the admittance. In truth, he didn't know why they had parted their ways either. It was that butting of heads, and perhaps most attributable to the resentment he held in her capabilities as a fighter. He was a perfectionist in such things, and though he was unsure of why they had made their parting, he felt he was to blame for such.

After another few minutes beneath the running water, Revan turned and snatched up a towel from the rack just beside her - wrapping it about his waist and moving back out of the refresher, a slight confidence she would continue to follow. "Thanks." A simply reply came finally to her statement of his skills, turning back towards the woman with the pausing of his stride. "I missed you too."

With the little addendum, he moved back across to begin garbing himself in the clothes he intended to wear out for the evening - black long pants, and a beige and crimson longsleeve shirt. "You're gonna owe me a rematch sometime soon though." Pulling the shirt overhead and throwing his hands back through the long silver mane, his blue eyes move back to Eve. "What are you doing tonight?"

Eve Siren
Jun 15th, 2005, 07:43:31 PM
"Going out drinking with you." Eve grinned in response.

She had only assumed he was free, or if not, he'd make himself free for her. Crossing her arms in her back as she watched him get dressed, she tilted her head slightly to the side and then shrugged her shoulders to show him she was just teasing. "I don't know." She finally added. "Probably go home." She wanted him to convince her otherwise. Her honey-colored eyes followed his every action before settling on his blue gaze.

She had forgotten his eyes; how could she ? "What about you ?"

Revan Luciano
Jun 16th, 2005, 08:40:27 PM
"I think.." He took a moment to slide his palms down against both his shirt and pants, straightening them while lowering his gaze for a quick appraisal of himself. Leaving the thought still in the air, he turned to touch his fingertip across a mark on the outside of his right eye - a small cut from a few nights back that was still healing. Finally, he turned back to her and lifted his index finger across her chin to incline her head slightly. "..that I am buying you a drink tonight."

He'd asked for a reason. He obviously had enjoyed their company when they were together, and now she had snuck into his changing room just to see him again - and of that he was greatful as well. All the resentment and mixed feelings that had caused their parting, were forgotten. All he could do is stare into her gaze, her soft green eyes, and remember the every sweet and seductive look she used to give him.

Revan's hand came upwards to reach around behind her back, freeing her hands from behind her back and bringing them both together in his one hand before her. With a gentle tug, he eased back towards the door, nudging it open with his back. "Come on.."

---------------

Somewhere along the lines of their trip though the bustling Coruscant streets, Revan had ended up behind Eve with a hand set on her hip to guide her to their destination - a little night club he had taken her to before, after one of his matches. The rythmic beat of the night club's music ahead had already reached the ears of Revan, a brilliant show of multi-colored lights streaming out of the club's entrance upon a couple's staggering exit.

A subtle nod was offered to the door's bouncer upon his approach, the return gesture and the allowing of the pair in showing Revan still frequented the bar after matches. The rather cramped setting had forced the couple in closer to each other, Revan's chest touching to Eve's back as they moved towards the bar - pausing with her between himself and a stool at the bar.

His hand at her hip came further about her waist, leaning into her back and gesturing the bartender nearer with the movement of his other hand. "Eyes up.." He simply warned the man, lifting his hand as he caught the bartender's gaze wavering over the veteran fighter's companion. "Two Double's of Johrian Whiskey." His head turned slightly to meet her gaze, a silver brown curving upwards. "Or are you taking it easy tonight?" The fights for the night ended late, and he felt they had some catching up to do.

Eve Siren
Jun 19th, 2005, 12:46:00 PM
"I can control myself." Eve lied with a grin. He knew she couldn't be trusted with alcohol.

She leaned slightly over the stool as their drinks were being served. Afraid of looking back at him, she feared that he might see her cheeks flushed from the physical closeness he imposed on her. She wasn't uncomfortable; she had just realized how much she missed it. Her gaze glanced at his hand around her waist before looking at the drinks the bartender handed them. Taking one in each hand, she turned around, still in his reach, and handed him his drink.

Their faces were close to each others. She could feel his soft breath on her cheek. Trying to keep a clear mind, she lifted her glass and just gently clinked his. "Cheers." Taking a small sip, she then put it back on the counter. Without realizing, her eyes held his gaze and she lifted herself onto the stool behind her. She was now at the same eye-level as him. It made her smile, as she kept him close.

"How did that cut happen ?" She hovered her fingertip over the cut on the outside of his right eye.

Revan Luciano
Jun 23rd, 2005, 02:49:12 PM
"Oh yes, how could I forget.." Revan mockingly retorted to defense, his hand lifting up beneath the glass to craddle it in his palm. With a gentle tip forward, he touched the rim to her own and tilted his head back a slight bit to take a long sip of the ordered liquor. A small step brough him to stand even nearer to her, now seated on the stool, and touch his hips to her knees.

"I got careless, you know how it goes." His eyes closed and head tipped just slightly to allow her free range in tracing the mark with her delicate hand, or it only appeared so, until it was flying at your jaw with intent to knock it out of place. "I can't expect to walk into the ring and go unmarked, no can I?" His hand came up to take one of her own, bringing her fingertips to skim across the outside of his jaw, just beneath his ear. "You did this one, remember?"

Dropping his hand away, he took another sip of his drink yet remained otherwise still, letting her hands explore the pair of cuts or not at all. His hand, however, became occupied with resting against her hip. "And just where have you been wandering off at?"

Eve Siren
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:03:13 PM
Eve couldn't help but grin slyly as her fingers caressed the scar she left along his jaw. She remembered that one well. She didn't like the idea that she had hurt him before, but she enjoyed the fact that she left some sort of physical mark on him, as odd as that sounded in her head. Laughing, she then just shrugged at his question. "Well ...."

Leaning back against the counter, she rested her elbows on it, on her sides, her head gently tilted to the side. "I joined the Sith ... Just like I always wanted, remember ?" It was a question, but she didn't let him answer. "I've been training and traveling this universe. Spent a lot of time with my Master. But right now, I'm on vacation, so I just thought I'd come by to see what you were doing."

As she said that, she looked back at him for a silent minute, then took another sip of her drink.

Revan Luciano
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:09:02 PM
"Mmm, their always was something special about you." A smirk slowly plays across his lips, fingers gently rapping against her hip in a rythmic movement. "I suppose you could only beat me further, now. Hm?" He mused in a humored tone, though of course he never was very appreciative of having others better then him.

"So.." After a sip from his glass, he reaches past her to sit it on the counter behind her, his second hand then coming to mirror his other against her hip. "..does this mean you are then leaving me behind again soon?" A mock sort of pout played over his lips, though in spite of the gesture he did care, and it would make a difference to him.