PDA

View Full Version : Dread of Night (Devious, Solo)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 11th, 2005, 12:31:43 PM
Lilaena huddled underneath her cloak, the woven wool offering little protection from the cool humidity of the night air. The stink of tallow was strong in the air from the great vats of animal fat in the small courtyard behind the soapmaker's store that lay to their backs. Beside her, also sitting on the low wall in front of the store, was her newest learner. She did not call him padawan, and thought herself the poorest of teachers, but he was strong with the Force.

It was one of her gifts - being able to determine Force ability in others. Master A'na Eldhil, the Jedi Knight who had hidden her from Imperial discovery, had seen the gift in her although she did not possess it herself. Over many years, she helped her young padawan expand the ability, until a bounty hunter had caught up with them. Lilaena shuddered slightly, pulling the brown robe of Master Eldhil closer in around her.

She looked at the young man beside her, who had forgone a cloak because of the weather, and thought about the one who was sure to meet them there. Dalamar, as he had been called when they met, was another who was capable of the Force. He was a creature of the night, his species unable to stand direct sunlight on their skin, and they had met under unusual circumstances.

He'd tried to bite her in the neck. A half smile creased her lips at the memory. After the initial confusion, he had put himself under her tutelage, and they had traveled together for many years. Five? It seemed so long ago - they had met right after... the bounty hunter.

It had been another five years since she had been in contact with the man. Or alien, even though his appearance was that of a man. Against all odds, she had felt his presence here, and knew that he would come to her.

So they were waiting, in the dead of night in front of a store that sold soap, for General Devious.

General Devious
Jun 12th, 2005, 08:12:56 PM
The soildiers that he had sent out where useless. They found nothing. But Dalamar was sure that he had sensed 'Her'.

Now like a beacon she sent out her prescence. General Devious could do nothing but find his former Master. Though long lived he had come to admire Lilaena. She was a master at political intrigue. He had truly missed her cunning mind. Devious was sorry that his further training in the force had been neglected for more immediate concerns.

Dalamar emitted the force proudly as he walked the streets. Two of his own guard walked with him as the citizens gave DeSang wide berth.

Here...

He found the rear of a quaint little shop. It was here, he was close now. He told the guards to wait in the street. They where use to such commands from there mysterious leader. DeSang handled many dissentions personally. So they did not remark it odd when he ducked into a dark alley alone. He came out on the other side and there on the street. Two waited alone. He moved towards them slowly. Lil' would know it was Dalamar armor or no armor.

She turned toward him IT was her..!!!

General DeSang bowed before the lady in the brown cloak. He spoke in whispered tones of respect. "What is thy bidding, My Master."

Clive Solo
Jun 15th, 2005, 07:32:10 PM
An ochre striped moon hung above the street, its rings pencil strokes of citrine and amber against a sweep of hot blue stars.

The night air was actually cooler than usual for Onderon. Clive adjusted himself on the wall, watching his shadow stretch over the cobble road before him. It had only been a short period of time but already he was beginning to adjust to the anecdotal climate of the planet. He sat with Lilaena, the stranger turned tutor and friend, occasionally catching a drift of the tallow that brewed behind them.

He sat quietly and contently, his mind on the here and now as he watched the proceedings with eager eyes.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 16th, 2005, 03:52:32 PM
She remained seated, huddled in her master's robe, but lifted her face to DeSang as he bowed before her. With a touch of the Force against his chin, as though it were her hand, he stood straight once more. "It has been a long time, my friend."

Her pale face reflected the moonlight, even as his armor drank it in. "Many things have changed, and it is a strange night when we both find ourselves here... far away from where we first met." His background led him to be overly formal, and her careful instruction to him of the ways of the Force had made him indebted to her. She thought of herself not as his master, but as a mentor, someone to help him find his way.

They had parted with no words, as he had simply awoken one evening to find her gone from the room they had been sharing on Ithor. Not that he had ever been in her bed, for she trusted no man that much.

General Devious
Jun 17th, 2005, 12:05:13 AM
"It has been a long time, my friend."
He felt Her force signature around him as she spoke. "Many things have changed, and it is a strange night when we both find ourselves here... far away from where we first met."

DeSang nodded it had been to long since he had last laid eyes on her. He displayed his great respect for her in the old ways of traditional acknowledgement.

"I had heard you had perished, My lady I looked for you but only met with dead ends. I have missed you greatly and am glad to hear that the rumors of your death where exagerated. But I do not find it strange that we are both here, Our Destinies are intertwined."

"But, I see you have a new apprentice. Mind her well she will teach you much.." DeSang nodded to the man next to her.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 21st, 2005, 12:42:14 PM
She waved away his flowery speech with an impatient hand. "Dalamar, I am here for a reason. My master taught me to look for the power I would need to overthrow the Empire, and my search has brought me here.

"The lineage of Freedon Nadd is still strong with the Force. But I need to find his tomb.... up there." She pointed to the large mottled green moon overhead.

General Devious
Jun 21st, 2005, 02:43:29 PM
General DeSang chuckled to himself.. Still the same, Dalamar had been around the politicians to much. It was good to have someone who did not put on airs.

"The lineage of Freedon Nadd is still strong with the Force. But I need to find his tomb.... up there."

"If that is what you need, then that is what you will have." DeSang got on the com. "Master Seargent, bring me everything about the Freedon Nad that we have in the Royal Library."

"I will also have my personal ship readied for you if you need it of course." DeSang finished.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 21st, 2005, 04:29:48 PM
She sighed at his immediate, and hasty actions. "Have you retained nothing of our lessons together? To act, one must know all the variables. I do need access to the archives, if it can be arranged, but such a public show of interest on your part can only endanger my mission."

Lilaena rose to her feet, still shorter than the general, and put her hand on his shoulder. "I have enough Imperial Credits to purchase a small ship, if there be one available on this backwards planet. To use yours would only arouse suspicion in the palace."

She unfolded a <a href=http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38797>flimsy</a> she had tucked away in a pocket of her woolen robe, and pressed it into his free hand. "No one can know I am here."

Clive Solo
Jun 21st, 2005, 08:00:24 PM
Clive knew what was on the filmsy that Lilaena had given to Devious. The sight of the transaction made him slowly glance around just to make sure they weren't being watched. No one, or as far as he could tell, was in the dark alleyway but them.

Clive never would have dreamed that the beautiful young woman who had bought him his first warm meal in 2 months would have an Imperial death warrant. But a lot had changed since then; Clive’s mind was becoming freer everyday, learning the ways of the force through his mentor and friend. He didn’t need Jedi philosophy to know that the Empire was evil and that its propaganda stretched wide and far.

There was only one thing important now, finding the tomb of Freedon Nadd…and helping to put an end to the injustice that was the Galactic Empire. Clive’s eyes, though hidden by the darkness and shadows, gave a slight gleam. Perhaps this would lead to an even greater understanding of the force.

Perhaps even, more power.

General Devious
Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:38:34 AM
I apologize Lilaena, word had not reached me..But do not worry. The Seargent is my man, his discretion can be trusted." DeSang tucked away the report that boldly claimed Lilaena an enemy of Empire.

DeSang suddenly very curious spoke. "What is it that you hope to find up there?" The General had heard very little of Freedon Nad. But there where rumors, rumors of power....

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 22nd, 2005, 03:19:32 PM
Her eyes tracked the flimsy as Dalamar secreted it away. "What do I hope to find? The means to destroy the Emperor, once and for all." Her voice was quiet, but firm with resolve.

Lilaena gestured to Solo, who got to his feet. "We should be getting back to our rooms. I am here under the guise of looking for a sister who has run away from home. I met a man yesterday - he offered me any help I might require to locate my sibling. Tall, brooding, wore a dark suit of fine cloth, and came from the palace, Do you know who he is?"

General Devious
Jun 24th, 2005, 12:23:48 AM
"We should be getting back to our rooms. I am here under the guise of looking for a sister who has run away from home. I met a man yesterday - he offered me any help I might require to locate my sibling. Tall, brooding, wore a dark suit of fine cloth, and came from the palace, Do you know who he is?"

General DeSang's face said it all "Yes, unfortunately I do. Salem Ave is his name. If he has noticed your arrival then you can be sure your prescence will not be forgotten. Salem has long been a thorn in my side. He is the Queen's advisor and he has her ear."

Dalamar paused then asked the question that really mattered. "Do you think that he recognized you?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 24th, 2005, 11:33:06 AM
Lilaena shook her head, dark hair falling into her eyes. "No, he did not. I gave no name, and I doubt that list has filtered this far yet."

She touched her face, where a white scar creased vertically over her eye. "But I forgoe my vanity in favor of anonymity." Usually she painted a black design over the scar, hiding it and concealing herself at the same time. People rememebered the woman with the black tattoo on her face, but usually that was all they remembered. The holo on the list was blurry and fuzzy - probably taken with a security holocam.

"I will have a care with my name, however. From now on, please call me 'Aylee.'"

General Devious
Jun 25th, 2005, 01:01:22 AM
"I will have a care with my name, however. From now on, please call me 'Aylee.'"

"Simple enough Aylee." The General answered. "I will get the information that you need with all due discretion. Then we can meet tomorrow. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

Dalamar sent a message thru the force a soft touch to his old Mentor. "Is all well? My former Master?"

It felt good to use the force in the open. It had been a while. The Queen knew that he possesed such power but did not know the extent of it. He rarely used it in her prescence. Being in Lil's enflamed him. He was filled with desire to finish his training and bask in the power of the Darkside once again.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 26th, 2005, 03:35:15 PM
She felt his words, and her left eyebrow twitched with the sudden pain that lanced through her head. She was mentally adverse to telepathy; although she could recieve messages, she could not respond in kind. A'na Eldhil had called it a block, but had been unable to break it down through their painful training sessions.

Lilaena rubbed her scar, and smiled wearily, grateful for the soft touch Dalamar had used with his thoughts. With a tiny bit of concentration she felt him feel her emotions: calm, with the iron backbone of resolve. All was well.

"There is something not quite right with the man you call Salem. I was only in his presence for a few minutes, not enough to find out what it was that bothered me." She realized she was still rubbing her scar, and stopped, pulling the hood of her cloak over her head. "We must be going. If you must contact me, leave word at The Beastmaster's Fancy. Do not come yourself, unless it is very urgent."

They were interrupted by the loud calls of the grey skinned monsters of the sky, as the beastrider patrols completed a loop of the walls over head. The screams faded into the distance, and Lilaena met Dalamar's eyes. "May the Force be with you."

General Devious
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:34:48 AM
The Force flowed around him. Lil was calm Iron... It took DeSang by suprise. She was not only fine, she was Determined.

"There is something not quite right with the man you call Salem. I was only in his presence for a few minutes, not enough to find out what it was that bothered me."

Lil paused then continued."We must be going. If you must contact me, leave word at The Beastmaster's Fancy. Do not come yourself, unless it is very urgent."

"I also find him disturbing, the fact that you feel the same only adds weight to my own concerns. I will be keeping a much closer eye on 'Salem'."

The Beasts screeched the night overhead. Lilaena left DeSang with her old goodbye. "May the Force be with You."

Dalamar watched her fade into the night with a tinge of regret "And with you, My Master...." Until his own face faded like a ghost into the darkness.