PDA

View Full Version : A Master first, then comes trainging...(Open/ Looking for a Master)

Tarsis
Jun 9th, 2005, 01:32:16 AM
Tarsis walked down the dark halls of the Citadel. Korriban's moons cutting through it's windows. Slivers of silver light slit the darkness as they brushed up against Tarsis's dark cloak. He had been waiting for this moment for a long time now. To walk these halls of the Sith Citadel, the once burial grounds of the ancient Sith lords, had finally arrived; minutes like hours, hours like weeks, weeks like months, and months like years. But the wait was over.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.''
Through passion, I gain strength.''
Through strength, I gain power.''
Through power, I gain victory.''
Through victory, my chains are broken.''
The Force shall free me.''

The Sith code... something that Tarsis found himself reading over and over as his search went on to join the Order. Tarsis believed in it's teachings completely, all except for the force part of it. You see, although Tarsis did believe in the force, he was never one to use it. Never knowing if he was even able to, Tarsis always figured he could accomplish his goals without it. Thinking that if his strength alone could not get him where he needed to be, then he was not strong enough and deserved whatever outcome he had come to pass. But with the help of the Sith, Tarsis would no longer need to think that way. He would be even stronger then he already was, whether it be through force or not, he would gain the strength and power he sought.

Stopping to enter one of the several rooms of the great Citadel, Tarsis paused in the doorway for a moment. He had stumbled across the Citadel's library and what a library it was. Books upon books, data pads upon data pads, and holocrons a plenty. But books and holocrons were not Tarsis's idea of a training session nor would they help him find someone to help him become stronger. Tarsis had almost forgotten that he needed to find someone, someone to teach him the dark arts of the Sith, someone to call his Master.

Closing the door behind him, Tarsis continued down the great hallway; Korriban's silver moon like still lighting his way. Where one goes to find their Master was beyond Tarsis, but he was rather anxious to find one and begin his training. You see, Tarsis loved learning new things, especially when it came to combat: combat, fighting styles, tactics, weapons. Anything that he could use to become stronger or use on the battle field. Finding his Master would be the hard part, the training however, Tarsis welcomed with open arms...

Zereth Lancer
Jun 9th, 2005, 06:23:57 PM
There had been no noise of footsteps, no sound of breathing, no sound that would have given away that someone was following Tarsis. The stalker moved with not just great stealth but with the force aswell. Whenever Tarsis looked over his shoulder; he saw nothing. The stalker used the force to great an illision, making him blend into the walls, floor, and somtimes the ceiling.

It went on this way for an hour before the stalker finaly revealed himself by wispering through the cold night air. "What is it you search for?" Came the near silent voice. When Tarsis turned around he faced a tall man with red eyes, long dark hair, and a muscular build; noticable under his clothing. Most noticable were the three lightsabres that hung from the belt that cinched his black clothing.

Zereth Lancer had been out enjoying the night air when the newcomer had walked by. He felt like testing his stealth abilities and followed the man, who seemed to be searching for something.

Tarsis
Jun 9th, 2005, 10:57:20 PM
What is it you search for?

Just as those words echoed through Tarsis head, so did they catch him off guard. Quickly turning around, his cloak flying into the air as he rested his hand firmly on his two-handed vibro sword, Tarsis readied himself for anything the stranger might try to pull.

Although Tarsis was shocked to see the man standing before him, he'd never openly show it. Tarsis was always taught to never show his fear, but to use it. One of the many lessons his father had taught him, but one of the few he kept with him. But there was no time for that. Where had this man come from? He wasn't there before and surely Tarsis would have heard the man walk up behind him or at least hear from what room he had exited. Regardless, Tarsis was being asked a question.

Releasing the firm grip he had upon his vibro sword, Tarsis spoke. "What am I searching for? Depends on whose asking." Pausing for a moment to glance over the man that stood before him, Tarsis could clearly see that he was a tall, dark haired man with red eyes, and from what he could tell, a muscular build. Tarsis continued. "If you’re who I'm looking for, then I'm an acolyte of the Order searching for a Master. If you're someone who thinks their better then me because they carry three lightsabers, you've got another thing coming."

Tarsis wasn't a pushover nor did he like being treated like one. Although his was unsure of the manner in which the man standing before him was addressing him in, Tarsis figured it best to take the offensive early on in this conversation.

Zereth Lancer
Jun 10th, 2005, 11:27:12 PM
Zereth glanced down at the sabres on his belt. He unclipped one and held it aloft for Tarsis to see. It was almost solid black except for a few stripes of silver colored metal intergrated into the handle "A sabre is not a badge of honor, it is a symbol of experience. The fact that I have three sabres and you have none does not make me better then you. The fact that I have three only meens that I have had the experience required to gain so many. Only this one," He said indicating the one in his hand, "Have I built. The other two are of dead sith who fell in the glory of combat and by keeping their weapons I honor their existance."

He returned the sabre pommel to his belt and fixed his eyes apon Tarsis. "Zereth Lancer, Sith Knight." He said with a short bow of greeting. "And I may be, infact, the one you are searching for. but I am curious as to who you are?"

Tarsis
Jun 11th, 2005, 04:34:21 PM
Tarsis was never one to apologize for things he had done or said, what was done, was done, but he would admit if he was in the wrong. And this time, he was. " You're right, they do not make you better then me and I was wrong for saying that."

"Zereth Lancer, Sith Knight. And I may be, in fact, the one you are searching for. But I am curious as to who you are?"

Returning Zereth's bow, Tarsis leaned his head forward, his hair falling over his shoulders and into his face, and introduced himself. "Tarsis, Acolyte of the Order." Raising his head back up and brushing aside the fallen black hair, Tarsis continued. "Well, now we know one another’s names. Any other questions?"

Zereth Lancer
Jun 11th, 2005, 11:49:48 PM
Zereth watched the man before him and let silent rule for a minute or two. The man before him reminded Zereth of how he had been when he had first become a sith. Straight forward and always on the offensive, altough Zereth had been very overconfident in his youth. To say the least he liked Tarsis already.

"Yes, I do have another question." He said, breaking the silence. "I see many great qualities in you, such qualities that I have or did have. My question is: would you care you become my apprentice?"

Zereth felt like cutting himself. The way he phrased his question made it sound like he needed an apprentice, which was not the case. Zereth needed no one, he was as independant as independant can be. It was the Acolyte before him that needed a master, not the other way around.

Tarsis
Jun 12th, 2005, 01:39:21 AM
Tarsis was shocked by this! No test, no nothing. He just asked it. "What's the catch Zereth?" Tarsis figured there had to be some kind of catch to this whole thing, but what was it? There didn't appear to be any hidden meaning behind Zereth's question. And the more and more Tarsis thought behind it the more and more he figured, 'What the heck, roll with it! He's a Knight and he wants you as his Apprentice.'

After a few moments of silence and battling with himself, Tarsis spoke, "I would be honored to be your Apprentice Zereth. I seek power Zereth, and you seem like a man that has it."

Tarsis saw something in Zereth that made him answer the way he did. Maybe it was some similarities he saw between the two of them or maybe it was because he was anxious to begin his training. Either reason was fine with Tarsis for he knew that for whatever reason it was, it was the right one.

Zereth Lancer
Jun 12th, 2005, 10:06:56 PM
He was pleased that the young man had accepted his offer, but this was only the beginning. Things would get much more difficult as time progressed. "Yes, there is a catch" he said, allowing a moment of silence long enough for Tarsis to wonder what the catch was. "Before any training is started I would to duel with you. Not to the death or anything messy like that, I prefere my apprentices to be alive, but a simple duel of skill, speed, and strength. I prefere to know my apprentice more and is there not a better way to get to know someone then to fight with them?" The words Zereth lived by: You didn't know someone until you've fought them. It was a true statement, although some would disagree. To Zereth the ultimate experience was the thrill of the fight. To use your skill to the uttermost. To battle using anger, hate, and rage to attack you opponent, without being overcome by it.

Tarsis
Jun 16th, 2005, 03:09:33 PM
"I prefer to know my apprentice more and is there not a better way to get to know someone then to fight with them?"

Tarsis looked over Zereth as his words echoed down the dark hallway. A fight? Pondering on Zereth's words for a moment, Tarsis soon agreed. There was no other better way to get to know a someone other then fighting them. It showed you everything about that person. Anger, hate, passion, malice, emotions that could serve one well in a fight. But nevertheless, Tarsis had no chance at winning this fight. But it would allow Zereth and himself to see just where it was they each stood in when it came to combat.

"Very well then..." Tarsis said as he nodded to Zereth. The power suit he wore assisted him greatly when adding additional power behind each of his punches, but on the other hand, he had to sacrifice his maneuverability for that raw power and momentum. This fight had to be purely hand-to-hand. If Tarsis drew his Vibrosword, Zereth would draw his lightsabre. Each of Tarsis's hits had to count.

Listening to the shifting sounds of metal beneath the plates around his wrist, Tarsis lowered his head. A Metallic grinding could be heard as Tarsis balled up his fist, servos and actuators clanking into gear as he moved forward with startling momentum. Moving closer and closer to Zereth, Tarsis raised his fist into the air. Tarsis could only hope that his charge had caught the Sith off guard and would allow him to connect with his punch.

Zereth Lancer
Jun 19th, 2005, 09:25:27 PM
A suprise, yes. But not an unexpected one. Zereth had thought the man before him would test the waters, so to say, before making such a bold thrust. Such an attack against an unknown foe could either be a brilliant victory or a deadly defeat. As the fist was about to impact his body; Zereth suddenly moved with unnatural speed. A speed that was only achievable by the art of force boosting; in which the force is used to increase muscle power or, in this case, the speed capabilities of the body.

Nevertheless, Zereth moved aside and allowed his opponent's attack to go by his shoulder. The miss of such a strong attack would sent Tarsis off balance and Zereth took this opportunity to jab out his fist at Tarsis' chest.

Tarsis
Jun 21st, 2005, 01:28:38 AM
Even though Tarsis was wearing a power suit, he still felt the jab that Zereth had delivered to his chest. The hit made Tarsis lose his balance, more so then what he had already due to his own miss, and collide into the opposing wall. This was more embarrassing then anything to Tarsis. To underestimate his opponent like that was a mistake that could have cost him his life in a real battle. But then again, he did jump into it. His mistake.

To say the least, Tarsis was a little shocked by Zereth's speed. He had heard about how force users could manipulate the force to increase their speed, but he had never seen it. "That was a nice little trick." Tarsis said as he flipped his hair out of his face. The gears, servos, and actuators of his power suit coming to life as he did. "I was never one to believe in the force. I always thought of it as a cheap copout. The easy way to end a fight. But I must say, that was rather interesting to see." He paused of for a moment. The idea of him becoming a force user crossing his mind for a brief moment and then he continued. “Tell me, what else can one do with the force besides increasing their speed?” He had, of course, heard of things force users could do from his Father‘s stories, but he wanted to hear about it from a first hand account. Someone who used it everyday and who could dispel any false ways to use the force.

Although Tarsis had asked a question, he had not forgotten that he was in the middle of a fight. Dropping his right arm in front of his body as he turned it, bending his elbow a little, and bringing his left arm in front of his chest, he had assumed a basic defensive position. One that assisted him in the many fights he had as a child. While he did have his guard up, Tarsis also waited for the answer to his question as well as Zereth’s next move.

Zereth Lancer
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:38:44 PM
Zereth also did not lower his defence. He brought up a stance almost identical to the one Tarsis employed. The difference was that his left arm stood infront of his chest and his right hand was extended forward towards tarsis, hand open with the palm outward. "What else can it do?" He repeated Tarsis' question "Even I cannot tap its true power and its every ability. There are none that can. I have but a fraction of the skill and knowledge." He paused and let silence rule the moment. "But I can do this" He focused the air around him into a condensed area around his palm. He then tossed the ball of air and energy, as if a ball, straight at Tarsis' chest at a speed and power that would make it feel like a durocrete brick had hit you.