PDA

View Full Version : The 4400

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 6th, 2005, 10:58:59 AM
Anyone catch the beginning of the new season of The 4400 last night?

I recorded it on my DVR, and haven't watched it yet. I loved the miniseries/first season though!

(It's on USA network this time)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 6th, 2005, 11:31:40 AM
I watched it last night man that baby is sure powerful, looks like a baby charles Xavier. And that tower thing was a nice twist I didn't see that coming with the crazy guy being cured. I still don't trust Jordan Collier, I still think he is up to no good.

Nightmare
Jun 6th, 2005, 04:58:19 PM
Are they re-showing the first season?

Bette Davis
Jun 6th, 2005, 08:00:08 PM
They re-aired the first season on the Sci-Fi channel in... february or so. A few months ago. That's when I got to see it for the first time.

Anuis Ma'artra
Jun 8th, 2005, 06:45:29 PM
It's great my Wife and I are addicted, we sat through the entire marathon. I loved the Lovecraft shout-out

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 8th, 2005, 10:56:55 PM
I really liked this first 'episode.' I don't really feel they are episodes, it's more like an extended miniseries than a show.

And I agree the baby is super powerful, and I think it's a BAd baby! C'mon parents, I'd be punishing my little girl if she was causing people to kill themselves.

Shawn
Jun 9th, 2005, 10:48:54 AM
I really liked the first season, but I wasn't thrilled with the season 2 premiere. Going to keep watching, though.
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
And I agree the baby is super powerful, and I think it's a BAd baby! C'mon parents, I'd be punishing my little girl if she was causing people to kill themselves. Yeah, I was definitely getting that vibe.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 9th, 2005, 12:13:26 PM
Really creepy.

Maybe the twist will be that the baby is bad and Collier is good. I didn't come up with this myself, Ka'el did.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 9th, 2005, 04:57:28 PM
well I thought they deserved it they were trying to kill them and if the baby hadn't killed them they would have kept trying.

Shawn
Jun 10th, 2005, 03:00:00 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
well I thought they deserved it they were trying to kill them and if the baby hadn't killed them they would have kept trying. If the baby could make them kill themselves, I would think it could just as easily make them go away.

Also, it instigated the whole mess.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 10th, 2005, 03:29:44 PM
Well it is only a baby I don't think it understands far. I honestly didn't care she killed them they were very bad men and I consider it self defense. I also don't see Collier as a good guy the guy reeks of evil for some reason

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 11th, 2005, 11:32:49 AM
Originally posted by Shawn
If the baby could make them kill themselves, I would think it could just as easily make them go away.

Also, it instigated the whole mess.
Exactly my thoughts!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:32:48 PM
The 4400 starts it's all new season next Sunday on USA. Don't miss it!

sirdizzy
Jun 6th, 2006, 09:58:18 PM
never heard of it plus I don't even know what channel USA is because I never watch tv and we got satelite with like 400 channels and I never bothered to learn the channels

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 6th, 2006, 10:31:31 PM
Okay...

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 7th, 2006, 10:51:09 AM
Originally posted by sirdizzy
never heard of it plus I don't even know what channel USA is because I never watch tv and we got satelite with like 400 channels and I never bothered to learn the channels

USA is USA network, you probably have passed by it they also carry the show Monk. Plus they cover several tennis tournaments and the Masters.
As for the 4400 I will tune in and see what happens this season.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2006, 01:02:05 PM
It's channel 105 on Dish Network. *shrug* They've been playing reruns on the SciFi channell.

sirdizzy
Jun 7th, 2006, 01:54:42 PM
I am just not a big TV watcher, not to say I don't like TV shows I just normally wait for them on dvd

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 7th, 2006, 09:33:33 PM
Well about the show, I am wondering how they will answer these two questions
how did Isabelle age like 20 years in one day. Second how is Jordan Collier still alive.

Serena Laran
Jun 8th, 2006, 01:11:14 AM
I don't know how they'll answer those questions, but it's starting to feel a little like X-men with humans with superhuman abilities and a war between them and the 'normals.'

*rubs hands together with glee*

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:43:42 PM
I see that too. I thought of Jordan Collier as kind of Magneto figure at least in the miniseries and the first season. Of course who knows what he will be like this season.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 12th, 2006, 10:12:31 PM
So what did you all think about the episode I was shocked when they killed Lilly. I undersand it happened because the actress got more money for another show, so they decided to off her. It was very shocking and I wonder what it will lead for Richard and Isabella. We also see that Matthew is evil and he knows about the future events. Who is he? And obviously he and Jordan don't agree because he wants him dead. I can't wait for the next episode I want to see where this is going.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:41:02 AM
Yeah I didn't know about the actress that plays Lilly getting another show so I was very surprised by her extreme aging and then dying! Poor Richard!

The Nova group is a very interesting angle and I can't wait for Collier to come back on the scene.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:49:04 PM
Yeah I didn't know about the actress that plays Lilly getting another show so I was very surprised by her extreme aging and then dying! Poor Richard!

The Nova group is a very interesting angle and I can't wait for Collier to come back on the scene.
I didn't know before I saw it that she had left. One cool thing is Tipi Hendrin from the Birds played Old Lilly that was neat to see. About Jordan I hear he won't return right away, TV Guide said he will be back a couple of episodes in. I have a feeling that I might have been wrong, in my opinion of him and that he in fact might end up being good.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 13th, 2006, 09:36:22 PM
Not sure if anybody has been following it but Jordan Collier has finally returned. It was overall a great episode. Collier is by far my favorite character on the show. He is this ambigious character like Magneto. Is good or evil?? Although i loved the smack down between him and Isabelle. I have really changed my opinion of her. I thought in the beginning she was good but not I think she is evil and there is very little good there. She reminds me a lot of Dark Phoenix. Collier had some great lines in that scene though :) At the moment I think Collier is some what good. Especially since they are seting it upas a war between Collier and Ryland and really I can't see Nazi Ryland as the good guy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 13th, 2006, 11:38:04 PM
Loved it! Loved the episode. The cliffhanger ending last week was terrific and they didn't disappoint with the follow up this week.

Jordan vs. Isabelle: I've always thought that she was evil, and though I used to think Jordan was too, I think that his most recent experiences have changed him a lot. The next two (and last two) episodes this season should really set up the war that's going to take place. I can't wait.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 31st, 2006, 09:50:47 PM
I meant to post in this after the finale, but I forgot. I really liked it.
Man Isabelle really showed her true colors. First she nearly kills Shawn, one she was suppose to love, and then attempt to kill a room full or children. I just knew Richard would come in and do her in. I didn't think Tom could do it. Now she is powerless and probably going to jail, although I wish Tom had shot her in the head, but what can we do :p And what is up with Jordan, I guess he is giving all the promicine out to who ever wants it. He reminds me of what Magneto was trying to do in the first X-Men movie. I am not sure if he is 100% good, but I think he is trying to do what is best for the future, but he doesn't care about the consequence let the ends justify the means, so to speak. And then it looks like Kyle and April took it. Will the surive is the question. Also Alana got taken by somebody. Man, it now sucks we have to wait almost a year again, yikes

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 31st, 2006, 11:08:23 PM
:shakefist

I wish they would run it during January too. It seems like the summer season lasts so much shorter. :(

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 31st, 2006, 11:14:43 PM
:shakefist

I wish they would run it during January too. It seems like the summer season lasts so much shorter. :(
Yeah me too. They run Monk in Janurary although that is a much more popular show.