PDA

View Full Version : 6 SW DVDs out this fall

JMK
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:30:33 PM
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/6_Star_Wars_DVDs_in_the_Fall_93105.asp

I really hope that there aren't any more changes to this version. I hope RotS is just the standard fare we've reveived for TPM and AotC and that the rereleases of the OT are the ones that came out last September. I think Lucas would be pushing his luck with the fan base if he made those obsolete already.

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:35:19 PM
Cool. I look forward to purchasing episode III. My first sequel I actually wanted to buy :p

I agree with you on the OT. It would be silly to not package what has been released in DVD form previously.

Rutabaga
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:45:12 PM
I will be buying ROTS the day it comes out. Widescreen, of course. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 5th, 2005, 09:31:39 PM
He hasn't had time to mess more with them. I bet we get some addes scenes to ROTS like Yoda going to Dagohba perhaps but outside of that I don't expect that much different from the other two.

JMK
Jun 6th, 2005, 06:37:41 AM
I think with the timeline involved, the DVD version of RotS will have only what we see in theaters. I doubt there will be any changes to the actual movie, but we will get some deleted scenes as usual.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 6th, 2005, 07:28:51 AM
He could add a scene like he did with TPM but I don't expect more than maybe the yoda scene getting added into it.

Darth McBain
Jun 6th, 2005, 08:50:05 AM
I'm hoping that the 3 and 6 DVD sets will only be compilations of the existing DVDs and not new editions or having new special features. I think for this round I'm just going to buy ROTS widescreen to finish out my collection. Unless they're offering something really awesome with the 6-DVD set, I'm not getting it. They shouldn't, considering how recently they released the OT on DVD, but you never know...

JMK
Jun 6th, 2005, 09:45:41 AM
I would really not be surprised if there was all kinds of new stuff on the 6 box set. I can easily imagine all new artwork for the 6 movies which would make a nice set. I can also imagine some kinds of extras which aren't on the current release. I really hope it's just a bare-bones set until Lucas makes more changes.

CMJ
Jun 6th, 2005, 09:47:22 AM
And this is the reason I still haven't purchased ANH, ESB, and ROTJ on DVD. I knew this was coming. :cool

JMK
Jun 6th, 2005, 10:07:19 AM
I'm glad that I bought them when I did because I scrapped the VCR. Lately the OT has been getting plenty of action so I'm glad I have the DVD's.

CMJ
Jun 6th, 2005, 10:10:12 AM
I still have way too many movies just on tape to trash my VCR just yet. Plus I still occassionally record stuff.

Not to hijack the thread or anything.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 6th, 2005, 10:57:51 AM
DVR for recording stuff... :D I <3 my DVR

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 6th, 2005, 11:25:45 AM
I'll just pick up ROTS as an individual DVD. I'm not paying for another boxset, after I just got the OT for Christmas. I actually need to buy TPM on DVD too, since I only have that on video :\

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 6th, 2005, 11:48:47 AM
I'll give my original DVD's to Christin, and THEN buy the box set :D

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 6th, 2005, 12:20:04 PM
The box set would have to be jaw dropping for me to get it, I suspect it won't be anything that new though.

MercZ
Jun 16th, 2005, 10:50:28 PM
I haven't bought any star wars dvd's yet, since I've been waiting for a set like this. The only star wars thing I have is an old original star wars trilogy on VHS. But it won't be too different I guess, so if anyone has been buying the dvd's individually, there just probably be some extra special features, probably nothing special.