PDA

View Full Version : The Death of Southstar

Southstar
Jun 4th, 2005, 10:16:29 PM
I haven't accepted the big change too well, as a matter of fact, I hate the reset with a passion. So I've decided to kill off my main character, Southstar. I've spent two- three full years developing and plotting his story. I could have molded his history into the new timeline, I could have created a new story, I know. Everything I came up with seemed to offend the character and fail to do him justice. Everything except for creating an end for the story and I'm going to do just that.

Though Southstar will be dead, I intend on remaining on the boards. My secondary character Jorshal Vuntana will become my main and hopefully I can commit to his development and create an entertaining story for myself and anyone who reads my posts.

BTW: For anyone who is interested, I'll post a link once the story is done.

It was worth staying up all night writing it. Here it is: The Death of Southstar (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38613)

Sasha Kovalev
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:08:05 AM
*shakes head* Man......

Well, I liked the story, but the ending.... Cant ya change the ending???? Like....to him staying alive and with TSO or something? ;)

I understand what you've gotta do. Southstar will be missed though. Looking forward to seeing the developmen tof Jorshal.

Jorshal Vuntana
Jun 5th, 2005, 01:23:38 PM
Thanks for the comments. I'm glad someone has read it, especially since its kind of long. But yeah, his death really sets things up for Jorshal, now he has two Jedi and two betrayals to deal with, not to mention filling in for a dead Knight when he's only an apprentice. It should be real interesting to see how things pan out, I'm looking forward to it.

Lorani T'sava
Jun 6th, 2005, 12:42:02 AM
Very nicely done. I doubt I could have done better myself.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 6th, 2005, 09:05:21 PM
Well, I read it through...I liked it. I think you've done better, in all honesty, but it was definitely good. Well done. And I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Jorshal develop.

Jorshal Vuntana
Jun 6th, 2005, 09:34:09 PM
Yeah, I know I've doen better. I decided on Southstar's death about an hour before I wrote it when I was in the shower. Then I gave up about 2 hours of that morning to write it. So not a lot of thought process went into it. It's chief purpose is to give some grounds for Jorshal to run on, which I think he has more than enough of now.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 7th, 2005, 07:20:03 AM
Story-wise, it was great, just so you know.

Lady Vader
Jun 7th, 2005, 10:16:45 AM
:cry Southstar :(

His tale will be recorded and told in the teachings TSO offers.

As for your new character... Sith? TSO? Yes? :)

Jorshal Vuntana
Jun 8th, 2005, 09:27:03 AM
Of course he's in TSO! I'm way too accustomed to rping on TSO boards to really be successful anywhere else.

Lady Vader
Jun 8th, 2005, 02:33:04 PM
:D

I decided on Southstar's death about an hour before I wrote it when I was in the shower.

Ever notice how some of your bets ideas/revelations come to you when you're in the shower? Creepy. O_o

Sasha Kovalev
Jun 8th, 2005, 07:40:59 PM
Maybe I should go and spend more time in the shower. I could use some more good ideas - or a revelation or two.

And...well, at the moment I could just plain use a shower. It was a dusty softball game tonight. :)