PDA

View Full Version : The State of the Rebellion

Chase Merik
Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:09:06 PM
I think we need to decide on a few things from a high-end perspective on the Rebel Alliance. Dasq and Grace's thread introduced some good stuff. But I think we should hash out some details for consistency.

First... I don't think the Rebels would have any clue that the Emporer has died. It makes sense that the Empire knows. But since Luke didn't survive, we have no way of getting this information ourselves.

Ironically enough, this means that citizens won't even know why martial law was suddenly declared. If any uprisings are going to occur, we need to move FAST.

This can be rectified by Chase. :)

Second... As those guys in the big meeting are discussing, the Rebels just got their asses handed to them. We probably could benefit from a unified idea of what's going on behind the scenes.

My opinion, and I've thrown it out before... the defeat at Endor would be enough for Mon Mothma to suck in her pride and ask Garm Bel Iblis to come back. If she's out of the picture and this protoge is running the show, then that's an even better way for the senator to return to the fold.

I realize that none of these people will be RP'd. But it's always good to know what the big picture looks like. Any other thoughts on the structure of the Rebel Alliance?

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:13:59 PM
Grace here :p

Obviously I came up with the idea of Mon Mothma's protege because we can't rp anyone else out. A general idea of what the Rebellion is doing, IE - Command structure and the like, and what happened to key players from the movies is all right.

Long as everyone agrees to the scenario of course... me and Dasq are doing our best to have a working Alliance until we move more into the Intel mission, but it's diffcult.

This is an Imp character that will be helping to annouce the Emperor's death. It has yet to happen as public knowledge and not all Moff's have insituted Martial Law. FYI

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:38:24 PM
My thoughts...

I think it's best if we steer away from bringing in Garm, even if Mothma is out of the picture. Perhaps mention in passing that he is around, but don't have him return to the Alliance... try and keep the group made up of as many original characters as possible, even the NPCs.

Fair point on not knowing about the Emperors death... we probably wouldn't know until the Empire announced it.

Chase Merik
Jun 3rd, 2005, 04:28:02 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I think it's best if we steer away from bringing in Garm, even if Mothma is out of the picture. Perhaps mention in passing that he is around, but don't have him return to the Alliance... try and keep the group made up of as many original characters as possible, even the NPCs.

Think of it as part the opening crawl of this Episode of the Star Wars saga. It's just exposition. After one thread talking about the current events of the Rebellion, we never need to mention either of them again.

But I think it's important to acknowledge them and their current place in the war just to add some depth to the setting. It would also avoid the risk of future players trying to make reference to Garm or Mothma in their own threads in a way that conflicts with the rest of the board.

I REALLY want to do this thing with leaking the news. The image of a riot going on in parts of the galaxy while Miranda is on a big holoprojector crying is priceless.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 3rd, 2005, 04:29:16 PM
Think of it as part the opening crawl of this Episode of the Star Wars saga. It's just exposition. After one thread talking about the current events of the Rebellion, we never need to mention either of them again.

But I think it's important to acknowledge them and their current place in the war just to add some depth to the setting. It would also avoid the risk of future players trying to make reference to Garm or Mothma in their own threads in a way that conflicts with the rest of the board.

That's fair enough, then :)

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 3rd, 2005, 04:34:29 PM
Agreed.

And yes, there is a really good chance that Miranda will be part of the public annoucement :)

Lion El' Jonson
Jun 4th, 2005, 09:57:20 AM
Excellent ideas, Chase. I'd like to bring Garm Bel Iblis back into the fold, even if it just ends up being fluff, as it provides some of the justification we need for bulking up our military after it was hammered at Endor. It also provides the possibility for interesting storylines: inner-Alliance conflicts, rank rivalries, etc.

Chase Merik
Jun 4th, 2005, 10:56:51 AM
We may need to collaborate with the Imperials on this. I wouldn't want to hijack Anar's thread... but I don't want to sit back and let them just declare martial law without us involved. That would be too much like the way things were in the old days.

I'm going to PM Anar with the broad strokes of how we gain the knowledge of Palpatine before it goes public.

Milivikal k'Vik
Jun 4th, 2005, 11:44:34 AM
This new spirit of cooperation makes me all fluffy. :D

Sanis Prent
Jun 4th, 2005, 07:25:55 PM
The destiny of Palpatine will become known to the Alliance once some Jedi come to rally behind the banner.

Anbira has been training with the spirits of the force since around the time of the battle of Yavin. I started his roleplay by him getting the news - from Anakin Skywalker himself :)