PDA

View Full Version : Deep thoughts (OPEN)

Dalamar DeSang
Jun 2nd, 2005, 12:30:24 AM
Dalamar was lost in thought. He was here in Iziz city to meet with one of his more shadowy operatives. The room was a rat hole in a back water hotel. But they had agreed to meet here. Sting had information about the bounty hunters and mercenary problem that was plaguing his queen.

He looked over the rusty railing as he waited for Stings arrival. His hands clasped behind his back. He had his com with him and hoped the Lady Adraudia would contact him soon. He liked to keep close tabs on her. Well as close as she would allow.

He had watched over her for many years now. She was strong willed and a good leader. DeSang was proud to serve under her. He did not feel that it was safe for her in these turbulent times and he hated to leave her side. She had enemies everywhere. Many supporters of the Empire would love to see her fall. Dalamar had hoped that they remained below the Empire's radar. But never the less he fortified the Capital as best he could.

Where was Sting? What was keeping him? The General again leered over the balcony. DeSang stopped suddenly. "I feel.. a prescence I haven't felt since..." A smile appeared under Dalamars armor.

Just then there was a rap at the door someone had arrived....

Adraudia Basillie
Jun 2nd, 2005, 09:34:05 PM
Two guards followed dutifully behind Adraudia, Queen of Onderon. The military reports of the Mandalorian movements went later then expected in the throne room. Her generals felt uneasy with how quiet the wall has been recently and intelligence obtained suggested trouble in the future. Dalamar, one of her most trusted advisors, had not been present and had left the palace hours ago to check upon a lead.

Knowing his over protectiveness, he was probably worried, as always. She guess that, at times, DeSang found it hard to forget the little girl of years ago. He was utterly loyal, a trait the Queen appreciated, but sometimes it was confining.

Her guards opened up the double doors to her bed chamber and waited outside. Now alone, she thumbed her personal comm unit on that was directly linked to Dalamar's and waited for a reply. So much like a child she felt, calling her father to let him know she was home before curfew.

General Devious
Jun 3rd, 2005, 12:07:44 AM
Dalamar answered the door. It was just the maid checking to see if the General wanted his bed turned down. He answered her politely enough but still he could see her face pale when she saw who he was. Apparently he reputation had proceded him. She stood there with a shocked look on her face, towels in her hand.

"Your services are not needed madam you may go." She came to her self with a little hop. "h.. thank you sir." She stammered. The General shut the door.

Just then his comm had activated. It was Lady Adraudia. "Hello my Queen thank you for contacting me. As we speak I am awaiting some urgent news. One of my men have uncovered a Mandolorian plot. I wait for further information as we speak. I hope you are not dodging the royal guards I assigned you. They where handpicked by me you can trust them. If you feel the need to go out please as a favor to me take them with you. The hints that we are getting on there plans is that it may well be an assasination attempt."

Dalamar waited for her reply....

Adraudia Basillie
Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:54:46 AM
"I see," she replied quickly, used to hearing of such threats upon her life. More often then not, the lead didn't amount to anything, but Dalamar was handling this personally. There had to be merit.

Adraudia had to relent on the matter of the guards, at least for the time being. "I will stay close to your men until you validate this supposed plot. I expect to be informed immediately ... Thank you Dalamar for seeing to this personally. You have my gratitude as always, my old friend."

She was sincere in her appreciation. For as often as they didn't see eye to eye as of late, her highness always respected DeSang's abilities and loyalties. If only she could trust him implicitly but there were some decisions that were for Adraudia, and Adraudia only. Dalamar was not ruler of Onderon. She was and would do everything necessary to protect her people.

General Devious
Jun 4th, 2005, 11:30:12 AM
Dalamar listened attentively to his Queen. "I will stay close to your men until you validate this supposed plot. I expect to be informed immediately ... Thank you Dalamar for seeing to this personally. You have my gratitude as always, my old friend."

"My Queen, we will get to the bottom of this. Until then be safe." DeSang signed off. Then turning around he spoke. "You may enter Sting. You didn't think that the maids distraction would allow you spy on ME did you?"

Sting stepped off the balcony and bowed. "It was not my intention to spy sir. Just being safe in my arrival. If the Mandolorians knew that I worked for you,.. well lets just say I would not be long for Onderon."

Dalamar had no reason to doubt Sting. He owed Dalamar and Sting always paid his debts. "The Report.."

"Yes sir," Said Sting. "The rumors are true. They have hand picked one of there very own. He is an extremely vicious killer. His name is whispered. They say he has contacts and spys everywhere."

"It is said that he refuses no bounty how hard if the money is right. Also, and this is the worst part, he has never failed. Never..." Sting said this with a certain amount of respect.

Dalamar stood there his hands clasped behind his back. "And the other matter?" Dalamar inquired.

Sting bowed again. "It is as you suspected the Queen is sneaking out at night. "Where she goes I am as yet unable to ascertain.

Dalamar spoke quietly. "Very well, continue and bring me this undefeatable Mandolorians name. That is all."

Sting
Jun 6th, 2005, 01:03:50 AM
Sting bowed and left the way he had come. Should he had told Dalamar of the suspected spy in the castle? They where only rumors. Best not to bother the General until he had concrete evidence.

Sting blended in well with the Mandorlorians. After all he was there kind of scum and they usually where his. The General only had one concern though. His precious Queen. He was never concerned with the bottom line. Had he not owed him a tremendous personal debt he would have nothing to do with this. But all debts must be honored personal or not.

Sting fired his ship he would get to the bottom of this no matter what....It was time to end his affairs with Devious and become his own man again. He had been newly accepted into the Black Suns Ranks. He would handle this last bit of buisness. Then him and Dalamar would be quits. All debts paid.

General Devious
Jun 6th, 2005, 10:18:42 PM
Dalamar Gathered himself. He was worried about his Queen she seemed distracted of late and it was causing him some concern.

Also there was the other matter. He had felt the prescence of his old Master Lilaena DeVille. It was fleeting and he could not be sure. He would send some soilders to the Docks and see what information they could dig up if any...

Dalamar headed back to the Castle and his duties. He knew Sting would send him more word when necesary

Adraudia Basillie
Jun 7th, 2005, 09:20:27 PM
"My Queen?"

Adraudia was in the library reading, sitting comfortably in her favorite chair next to the fireplace. She pulled off her reading glasses before addressing the guard that Dalamar assigned to her. "Yes?"

"You wanted to be informed when Dalamar returned to the Palace. He just passed through the gates not moments ago."

"Good. Inform him that I am in the library and anxiously waiting for his report." Adraudia pushed the glasses back into place and resumed her reading of poetry. "That is all."

General Devious
Jun 8th, 2005, 10:20:16 PM
The sun was setting so Dalamar removed his face plate. Ahhh, it felt good to be out of the armor and back at the castle. He had just handed his chest piece to a nearby assistant when a guard entered.

"The Queen wishes you to report at your nearest conveniece General." One of his handpicked men addressed him.

"Very well, I will come straight away." Dalamar Responded. He knew that she would like to get to the bottom of these threats just as he would. Back in his own comfortable clothes he headed towards the library.

DeSang hoped that she would not be to resistant to the extra security. He knew that she wasn't a child anymore. But, to him she would always be the Daughter he never had. Especially now that she had grown up to be a beautiful young woman. He approached the library doors. He nodded to one of his guards. Jarelson was a good man. A little headstrong at times but otherwise a good character.

Dalamar entered and nodded. "My Queen."

Adraudia Basillie
Jun 9th, 2005, 06:46:25 PM
She hadn't moved since Jarelson informed her of DeSang's arrival. Adraudia marked the passage she was reading with a red ribbon and closed the book quietly.

Adraudia glanced upwards and smiled. As often as they verbally sparred, she respected Dalamar immensely. He was difficult to judge currently, but Adraudia sensed displeasure and worry. Considering there was a threat on her life, it wasn't a surprise.

"The reports were not favorable from your informant." It wasn't a question. "What have you learned?"

Dalamar, however emotionally attached to Adraudia, would attack this problem with a clear mind. She knew of his feelings towards and would never let anything come to harm her.

General Devious
Jun 9th, 2005, 11:08:14 PM
Dalamar dismissed the guard so that they could be alone. Then he moved closer to Adraudia. "There is a plan to have you assasinated. Sting has confirmed what my own spies have reported. The part that Sting was hesitant to mention and one I have already known is that the plot comes from within. Someone high up and close to the royal family. Maybe the council, One of your advisors. Even the head guard master is suspect."

Dalamar let this sink in then continued. "With your permission, I would like to take a few hand selected men that I know I can trust. Men whose character I wont question. I will search and find this %$@^@& and deal with him personally. Then all will know how the Queen deals justice and handles traitors!"

Dalamar softened his tone then continued. "Your father was a good friend to me and I promised him I would protect you. Be careful of those around you and watch your back my Lady Adraudia. My promise to protect you was not just words to me. You will be kept safe."

Adraudia Basillie
Jun 11th, 2005, 02:08:30 PM
"I know you will protect me. You've yet to fail and I'm confident that you never will." The ever noble Dalamar. It made her smile. "And I know he will be made to suffer before his death."

There was that disapproving tone of his again about tthe company she kept. Adraudia knew that Dalamar was hinting at Salem's presence when he suggested at watching those close to her. Salem was just as a valuable asset to her and her kingdom as Dalamar was. One allowed her protection and taught her how to fight since she was old enough to lift a sword while her father impressed countless lessons on how to manage her people. The other was teaching her more subtle ways of power through the mysteries of the Force. An excellent combination to allow her the means to rule effectively.

Dalamar just wouldn't allow himself to understand. Adraudia was not naive. Her Master was a wise man and she knew that there was some things he was not telling her. She hoped in time that Salem would open up to her what he truly wanted besides what he was only showing upon the surface.

Adraudia's smile then faded into a thin line of displeasure, "What I dislike is having an assassin finding their way into the Palace staff. There could be more then the one you found. What precautions are being put in place to avoid this in the future?"

General Devious
Jun 12th, 2005, 08:30:54 PM
"Preparations for new background checks are going into effect in 3 days. All current Royal Staff will be scrutinized again. That mean new background checks for 'EVERYONE.' "

"Needless to say your own personal guard, Jarelson and Dak will be excluded." DeSang paused for a moment then continued. "Some will find the new scrutiny uncomfortable. But those that are loyal to you will bare it."

The General looked at his Queen. "On a lighter note I have acquired a gift for you. This used to be your fathers back when he ruled. I have had the handle modified to fit a female.

Dalamar set the black leather case on the table next to her. He opened the golden latch with care and respect.

The inner case was inlaid in soft red velvet. The silver handled sword shined brightly in the library. On the handle an inscription. "Lady Adraudia Basillie The Queen From Her Royal Subjects"

"May it help you to rule wisely as it did your Father My Queen." Dalamar smiled at her proudly.

Adraudia Basillie
Jun 14th, 2005, 03:54:04 PM
Salem was no fool. Dalamar will not find anything incriminating about her Advisor. He was too smart and had prepared for such an event incase a thorough background check into his past was required. If only she knew that Dalamar would understand and accept that Salem was a powerful man that was helping her to protect Onderon, perhaps she wouldn't keep him in the dark about Salem's true power.

The gift was unexpected and words could not express Adraudia's gratitude. She was speechless as her hand curled around the hilt. Her Father, the late Kelrune Basillie, died in one of his campaigns that he personally led in the Mandalorian war. Being his only heir, Adraudia assumed the throne at the age of sixteen.

Now nine years later, she was holding her father's sword. The very same one that he wore in his last battle. "I cannot find the words to express my appreciation, Dalamar."

She was beaming, "A mere thank you seems insufficient."

General Devious
Jun 15th, 2005, 01:57:13 AM
"Don't worry my Lady, I have all the thanks I need in just seeing your smile again. To long have things been moody around here." Dalamar softened "We WILL find the assasin Adraudia and then you can go back to your old guards and freedom."

"How are things going? Is anyone giving you to much trouble? You know you only have to ask and I will be there for you." A smile appeared on Dalamars face. "But if not me, well you have the sword. You know back when your Father use to hold court. He use to keep the sword right in front of him. It was amazing how much truth that sword brought out in the courtroom."

General DeSang continued "Those where good times. I am sorry that he passed to soon and you did not get to know him in your adult years. I still wish I could have done something but I was on the other side fighting another faction of insurgents."

DeSang sighed he missed her Father Kelrune. He had a gift for getting to the heart of the matter. A gift that it seemed Adraudia also possesed.

Adraudia Basillie
Jun 15th, 2005, 05:17:47 PM
"Yes," Adraudia's voice shared the same sense of loss that Dalamar felt and hefted the blade vertically before her. "I will bring this blade to court henceforth. The people who remember my father will be comforted by its present."

She carefully began to lay the sword back in its place inside the black leather case. The velvet was so soft to the touch. It would delicately hold her father's weapon and keep it from scratching.. "Tell me again of how my father fell."

It was a story she never tired of hearing. As painful as it was to listen, Dalamar had such a way with words in describing how valiant Kelrune was in battle. Adraudia only wished she could be half the warrior as he once was.

General Devious
Jun 16th, 2005, 01:07:58 AM
Dalamar reflected for a moment then began. "Well I was in the North Sector and your father was in the South. We both had a small contigent of men with us. As you know there had been a theft in the Royal Palace. A daring and cunning thief had made off with the Crown Jewels. I believe that is one of the pieces around your neck now."

"Well as you remember, though you where very young your Father was quite enraged. He had just had some of those pieces, your Mothers new necklace included, newly created."

"I remember his words still. DeSang he said, " If I let them get away with this. To what lengths will they stoop to next!" I whole heartedly agreed. This rebellious thief had to be caught and brought to justice."

"Well apparently the Mandorlorian Insurgents knew your Father well. The theft was merely a ruse to lead him to an ambush. He had contacted me and informed me that he had a lead. He said that he would wait for my arrival."

"Well they must have sprung the trap because I only got there in time to see him fighting a group of them. He brandished that silver sword high fighting like a true hero. He loved your mother very much and he was fighting for her honor and more importantly for the Love he had put into that necklace that was hers."

"They had him surrounded and even though I was to far away to do anything I could still see the whole thing clearly. Three Mandorlorians where engaging him face to face. At his feet 4 had already fallen. His whole contigent was dead."

" I was hopeful as I approached that it would all be okay. Covered in blood and sweat he stood on the bodies of the defeated. Then out of the shadows and quite literally out of nowhere a man appeared. He attacked your father cowardly from behind. Impaling him on one of there special spears."

"Still your father fought, turning he beheaded his traitorous attacker. Knowing he was dying he leapt forward towards the last 3. As the last man fell, I finally reached him. He pulled the jewels off one of the last remaining warriors. As he was dying he handed them to me and then made me promise to take care of you. He told me to tell you and your Mother that he loved you, and that he was sorry that he had to go..." Dalamar paused for a minute.. and then grew quiet.

He would not tell her that he lingered for 4 hours in pain. Nor would she ever know that DeSang stayed with him on thru the night weeping over his friend, great tears of blood. DeSang saddened in thought continued... "So I brought your father home and the country mourned. None so much as your Mother. Who blamed herself for his death. It haunted her until she to could no longer bare it and died of a broken heart. Its a sad heritage, but it has a noble ending. We still have a Basille on the throne! The Mandorlorians failed in there bid to end your rule."

Dalamar touched Adraudia's hand softly "A true Queen, My Lady you honor your father's memory...."

Adraudia Basillie
Jun 17th, 2005, 11:01:13 AM
No matter how many times Dalamar recited that story, he would always manage to change it ever so subtly to make it seem like he was telling it for the very first time. It still had the same emotional tone at certain parts, however. Honor, respect, sadness and then hope.

She placed her other hand over Dalamar's before he had a chance to pull away. "Thank you."

Adraudia missed her parents terribly. It was not only a crown that was passed to her. There was also responsibility and tradition that she had to uphold. As the only child, she was raised in preparation to take the throne one day but no one could have predicted that the weight of her duties would have been shouldered at sixteen.

"I know how difficult the Court has been for you as of late." Dalamar knew of whom she hinted at and now surrounded her hands around the General's. "Please, remember that I appreciate everything that you have done for me. And still do. Have faith in my judgements."

General Devious
Jun 19th, 2005, 09:34:17 AM
"I do my lady, that is why many still have there heads." Dalamar said with a slight smile.. Adraudia seemed to smiled back.

Just then one of the guards entered... Fist to chest he asked, "Permission to speak."

DeSang nodded, "Proceed.."

"Sir, One of your operatives with the proper codes, wishes to speak with you..Its an older code sir, but it checks out, Do you wish me to allow him access?"

DeSang knew darn well that is was Sting. But he only nodded assent. "Patch him thru to the library on the private line in here. I think the Queen will want to hear this.."

Adraudia Basillie
Jun 19th, 2005, 01:14:21 PM
Her eyes widened in interest, "This was the one who found out about the plot then?"

Dalamar nodded.

"Then yes. Patch him through immediately." The guard bowed to them both and relayed the order. Minutes later, Adraudia was standing next to the General and listened to what Sting had to say over the library comm system.

Sting
Jun 19th, 2005, 07:09:57 PM
"zzzt**Sting h-ere** Gen e ral Devious Do Yu* cop y" The signal was weak and it was hard to understand. But it would have to do..

"**The Mandorl*** have brought in a sp*Ecialis*t. They have made an aggr**ment with a Darth St***. Name is ****
Repeat his name ** Legion!"

The Scrambler Sting was using started to smoke. Electrical Discharges covered the equipment.. Cracklezzzzt* "Damn!! It was history..." Sting stood up he could only hope that the General got the message.

General Devious
Jun 21st, 2005, 12:15:44 AM
"**The Mandorl*** have brought in a sp*Ecialis*t. They have made an aggr**ment with a Darth St***. Name is ****
Repeat his name ** Legion!"

"Legion!! It was worse than he feared.. If Legion was involved then maybe the Assryian was also.."

The Queen did not know of his vampyre side.. and Dalamar did not want to tell her now. In the beginning she was to young and it would almost seem like a betrayal for her to find out now.

He turned with his back to his Queen lost in thought. He worried more for her safety now more than ever.. Legion was cunning and a cold blooded killer. He would hurt her. Dalamars Fist clenched at his side. NO, he would find him first and end this chase started by the Assyrian..

He turned to his Queen. "I know this man Legion, my Queen he is very dangerous. Very! Please keep your guard up at all times. We cannot afford to lose another Basillie."

Adraudia Basillie
Jun 25th, 2005, 09:52:50 AM
"We?" she echoed. "No. The people on Onderon cannot loose another Basillie."

There was something hidden in Dalamar's voice. Something about Legion actually frightened the General and his confident voice betrayed his doubts. For once, Adraudia was uncertain if Dalamar could handle this threat.

"What must I know of this Legion in order to better protect myself?" She was taking this threat seriously. If he managed to slip past all the defenses of the Palace, she would have to be ready for a fight, and perhaps Salem's teachings would be tested sooner then expected.

General Devious
Jun 27th, 2005, 02:52:30 AM
Adraudia spoke calmly "We? No. The people on Onderon cannot loose another Basillie."

"What must I know of this Legion in order to better protect myself?"

Well there it was, wasn't it. The Assryian had JUST begun to play with you and already he has pushed you into a corner you didn't want to be in.

Dalamar's thoughts raced like quicksilver. The Queen knew that he could control the force. But she thought that he only dabled. Not that he was a former Dark Lord of the Sith. How would she take to knowing that? Moving an apple to her in the Dining Hall was one thing....BUT this.. She just wouldn't understand.

How could he tell her that he had lived a dozen lifetime's before she was ever born. How could he tell her that she was the light in his Dark soul. That helping her grow up had tamed his raging bloodlust. That the friendship of her and her father had made him less of a beast and more of the man that he use to be.

That there where Dark, Dark time's in his past when he had commited atrocitie's in the name of the BLOOD, and the POWER. It was OLD, he was old, so old and the weight of the years sometimes haunted him.. He would not let them haunt Adraudia.

He would deal with Legion..BLOOD for BLOOD. But still Adraudia's question lingered. The General didn't know what to say. He decided to keep to the truth as much as posible. "He works for a man that I knew before I came into the service of your Father." Dalamar paused... not knowing how to continue. "He was cloned, created and bred to be a killer. Another pause. "He think's that I had a hand in his creation."

He waited, now the inevitable questions would arise...

Adraudia Basillie
Jun 29th, 2005, 02:04:09 PM
Adraudia's eyes narrowed, sensing there was more to the story then what Dalamar was telling. He was normally quick with his speech but now the Queen noticed the General thinking over his words carefully around her. She had never seen him so secretive before.

"Well," She couldn't believe the words that were coming from her mouth. Adraudia was thoroughly confused. "Did you? I had not thought of you as a man of science. Unless, you assisted this being's Master."

She pause and then asked Dalamar bluntly. "Did you once work with Legion's Master for him to presume such things?"

General Devious
Jun 29th, 2005, 09:57:33 PM
"Well, Did you? I had not thought of you as a man of science. Unless, you assisted this being's Master."

Then the next question that Dalamar dreaded."Did you once work with Legion's Master for him to presume such things?"

Dalamar sighed then answered. "I had no hand in his creation per say. But he does have a reason to hate me. Part of my D.N.A. is hot wired into his system along with about 30 other killers, genius's, tactician's. He was made to hate me. To believe that I had a hand in his creation. He was created to kill me."

He let that fact set in then told her the part he dreaded... "In an effort to hurt me he will try to kill you. I will not let that happen."

"As for the second part. Yes I worked with him long ago (An understatement Dalamar thought to himself.) But I did not approve of his methods. He eventually lost favor in the court and has never forgiven me for it." Dalamar clenched his fist from his own anger at the past and the unbidden memories that boiled to the surface.

"Its a blood fued stretching back to before I met your father and changed my life here on Onderon."

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 2nd, 2005, 02:03:13 PM
Adraudia sensed the General's anger and walked towards his side, saying nothing. She also sensed that he was still keeping something her, a very subtle truth, but Dalamar hide that well. She couldn't begin to hint at what he was hiding.

Whatever it was, the Queen believed him and took his armored hand between her delicate ones, "I am sorry your past has returned to haunt you in this fashion. Is there anything I can do for you, my old friend?"

General Devious
Jul 3rd, 2005, 03:11:23 PM
"I am sorry your past has returned to haunt you in this fashion. Is there anything I can do for you, my old friend?"

Dalamar smiled. She was still thinking of others. "Just stay alive, Adraudia, just STAY alive..." Dalamar's anger slowly melted. He had Sting and Nyloh already on the case. Soon Bullet would be deployed. The Death Watch troops where deployed thru out the city. She would be safe. We would just have to be careful..