PDA

View Full Version : I work with a Snow Trooper

QuiGonJ
Jun 1st, 2005, 09:43:21 PM
May not be ESB standard, but...

http://www.inscene.com/snow_trooper.jpg

This is him skiing at Mammoth this past weekend. :D

He has his own vacuum form equipment and made the outfit himself. He also made an Episode III clonetrooper helmet.

He showed me pics of him making the stuff.. takes a long time, but he was quite proud of himself. It starts with white pieces, includes weatherstripping for the top seal, a standard safety helmet to adjust and hold the helmet on one's head, then taping and spraypainting bits like the frown onto the helmet.

He does a piece in the middle just like the real ones to hide the seam between the front and back pieces.

Yog
Jun 2nd, 2005, 12:06:17 AM
Most impressive..

JMK
Jun 2nd, 2005, 07:25:29 AM
Very very impressive. I wish I had props like that! And the skills to make them!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2005, 07:36:49 AM
I would die a happy snowboarder if I saw a guy like that on the slopes.

I'm gonna be out that way next Christmas; we should get together at one of the mountains around there and make a ski day out of it :D

Ishan Shade
Jun 2nd, 2005, 09:35:12 AM
Cool gear :)

Jedieb
Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:04:46 PM
Man, the chicks must have been all over him when he got back to the ski lodge!

Great costume. Ask him if anyone took a shot of him wiping out. That'd be priceless!

QuiGonJ
Jun 8th, 2005, 11:49:53 AM
He said the funniest thing was a Japanese guy coming up yelling "Star Wars! Star Wars!" and he was happy with the people smiling and pointing at him from the ski lifts.

Daiquiri
Jul 13th, 2005, 07:50:13 AM
Did you guys know that Ezra does this stuff? The group of people hes with in Hawaii make their own troopers uniforms, etc. Hes got some great pics that he might share with you, if you ask.