PDA

View Full Version : And the Cat came back...

Travis North
Jun 1st, 2005, 07:07:13 PM
Yeah so I've been MIA... Playing various other games, JKA, SWG, NWN, and others.

Hopefully I'm back for a while. I need to exercise my creative writing skills, I'm taking a hit on my marks for not writing well in school.

I noted there was a change in the forums and that there was a massive post in the recruitment section. would it be possible to get just a short SITREP on what is going on? I got lost around the unification talks.

I also bring back with me, hopefully, some seasoned RPers. I've seen plenty of premium RPers in my adventures around the net. Heck I even ran into Alex. Plus... Try to keep this underwraps... A secret.

Tear
Jun 2nd, 2005, 01:10:03 AM
Boards were recent. Meaning the universe we rp'd in doesnt exsist anymore. Its been changed to 5 minutes after the battle of Endor. (All the heroes were killed)

The empire is whole (at the moment). The Jedi are in hiding from the purges and the rebellion is ....uh rebelling.

Welcome back.

Karl Valten
Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:59:01 AM
Everyone kick him in the shins.

Travis North
Jun 2nd, 2005, 04:09:47 PM
*Reverts to minerals in the ground*

This is the part where I am both overjoyed and sad.

Well that's cool. What to do, what to do? I take it we haven't created time travel and such. So I have to create a new char or rewrite North's history.

And I'm guessing Karl is Balades... By the avatar. If I'm wrong continue kicking me in the shins.

Karl Valten
Jun 2nd, 2005, 04:25:08 PM
Yes, Karl is Balades. Karl is too lazy to log off for the three seconds it would take to switch to Balades. .:D (God I need to get an avatar the doesn't give me away)

Anywho, welcome back. I dropped out for about a month or two, so I'm a bit confuzzled as well.

Telan Desaria
Jun 2nd, 2005, 07:33:37 PM
The Battle of Emndor is unfolding as we speak. I will assume command of the fleet, Admiral Piett killed and the Executor destroyed. The Emperor is dead but the Death Star survives - -the Rebel Fleet will rout and we will both win and lose the day. Emndor will be a draw.

After that - -we have the unlimited resources that once was the Empire.

Khendon Sevon
Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:18:31 PM
Emndor? *blink*

I'm at Endor if you need me. Is it a long hyperspace jump? I have the Crimson Wake, very trustworthy vessel.

Tiberius Anar
Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:52:06 PM
Actually come to think of it, how long is the journey from Endor to Imperial Centre going to take? Outer Rim to the opposite side of the core. If anyone has the Wizards Of The Coast SWRPG core rule book there is a table in there for journey lengths.

Teleran Balades
Jun 3rd, 2005, 04:34:30 PM
Yeah, I have that book.

let's see here....uh....If I'm calculating this right, about 96 hours with a x1 hyperdrive. I think, however, that the trip would take longer since coruscant is in a completely different quadrant as Endor

Travis North
Jun 3rd, 2005, 05:19:23 PM
That seem a little off. You'd have to jump from system to system until you hit the Corellian Trade Spine from Endor, pass through customs at Moorja, Yag'Dhul, Bestine, Duro, and Corellia, join the Corellian run, enter the core system, pass customs in system, then again at Imperial center. This including core system traffic. = More than 96 Hours... Probably.

Teleran Balades
Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:45:39 PM
New calculation is 126 hours.

Telan Desaria
Jun 3rd, 2005, 07:28:09 PM
According to Dark Force Rising, book 2 of the Thrawn Trilogy,. it took Luke Skywalker six days from Sluis Van to Corsucant - -so from Endor I would wager it is between five and six Standard Days.

***In SW, remember, a day (Corsucanti time) is 28 hours...

Teleran Balades
Jun 3rd, 2005, 07:52:46 PM
True, but I'm only using a very crude formula for this.

Tiberius Anar
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:22:17 AM
I'm asking because Khendon is making th ejourney. He is in a Stardestroyer that would have a callsign identifying it as the personal vessel of a high ranking member of the regime.

Bette Davis
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:30:34 PM
*buzzes the group of dignitaries in her TIE Interceptor*

We need some new TIES! Make room in the budget for TIE Advanced for Shadow Squadron!

*SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Tear
Jun 4th, 2005, 04:33:47 PM
No need Tie pilots are a dime a dozen :p

Teleran Balades
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:12:38 PM
Bah, give her a couple o' TIE Avengers......wait a minute...nooooooooooooooo. What happened to all my TIE Defender IV that were in my hangar bay.? All I have are bunch of pathetic squints!!!

Travis North
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:15:17 PM
It's true. I always killed off 1/3 of my squadrons because they were so cheap.

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:18:04 PM
but we're ELITE. we don't do the dying, we cause the dying :smokin

Bette Davis
Jun 4th, 2005, 05:28:50 PM
Damn straight! :hat

Garth Carvey
Jun 4th, 2005, 06:09:38 PM
Elites die. See (http://xboxmedia.gamespy.com/xbox/image/article/523/523880/halo-2-20040616020903756.jpg). [/travis]

Telan Desaria
Jun 4th, 2005, 09:24:32 PM
I am working on a TIE Viper that should be of use to Shadow Squadron.

\Shadow may also use Defenders- - they are after all in use by elite squadrons.

Adia Issoris
Jun 4th, 2005, 10:47:23 PM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
I am working on a TIE Viper that should be of use to Shadow Squadron. :(

Travis North
Jun 5th, 2005, 04:50:33 AM
Why :(? When it should be :).

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 5th, 2005, 10:30:58 AM
Cuz I believe she is happy with what already exists?

Garth Carvey
Jun 5th, 2005, 12:21:16 PM
I understand. Perhaps the new design then could be incremental. I'm sure the Admiral wouldn't mind developing and upgrading the technology before assembling it all together. Besides R&D takes time IC aswell.

It also adds to the RP. For example: Say the weapons were modified. You could talk about how they were more/less effective, then inform the designer, IC, about what could be changed about the upgrade and what else could be modified.

I alwasy enjoyed talking about modifications to craft. It's what makes the R&D Roleplaying experience fun.

Bette Davis
Jun 6th, 2005, 10:09:49 AM
Testing your experimental TIE Vipers would be an honor sir. We'll help you find the bugs in them. *snappy salute*

For now, however, I'd like my new recruits to get used to flying together before we start throwing expensive machinery at them. You understand.

Telan Desaria
Jun 6th, 2005, 04:31:17 PM
Whyat I had planned was to have it developed by the commander of the fighter contingent aboard my flagship. It is not an altogether new fighter, simply a refitted TIE Interceptor. Nothing too drastic but it does pack a punch. See the regular R and D section - -itwill be posted sahortly.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 6th, 2005, 07:25:20 PM
First things first. Let's get the Imperial Forums restructured, relisted, and resituated before we start doing anything related to R&D, please. I don't want to have to cherry pick through posts when Archiving Day comes to the Imperial forums.

Travis North
Jun 6th, 2005, 07:39:11 PM
Well before that day comes... Permission to send this thread on a downward spiral into the depths of insanity?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 6th, 2005, 07:51:25 PM
You know, I just noticed that pretty much the only TRUE Imperial in here is Travis/Garth. his icons are the Imperial wheel and a zany TIE.

The rest of you have lightsabres :p

Travis North
Jun 6th, 2005, 08:03:37 PM
And you have cantaloupe. Isn't that odd?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 6th, 2005, 08:27:47 PM
yeah but I'm special.

Tear
Jun 6th, 2005, 11:57:38 PM
those arent cantaloupes...

Travis North
Jun 7th, 2005, 01:01:04 PM
They're melons just the same.

Darth Viscera
Jul 1st, 2005, 03:24:43 PM
But the real question is, how the frack did this thread wind up all the way out here in the archives? O_o