PDA

View Full Version : An Evening Stroll (Salem)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 1st, 2005, 12:41:31 PM
"I'll be about an hour. Feel free to order room service." Lilaena smiled at Clive, the young man she'd rescued from the transport. "If anything happens, use the commlink."

Closing the door securely behind her, the woman walked down the hall, down the stairs, and down into the street. The sun was just setting over the immense wall, turning the palace far above into a sparkling pinkish jewel. The streets had no walkways for pedestrians, but were wide enough that the occasional speeder posed no danger for her walk.

Gathering her woolen cloak around her against the cool of the approaching twilight, Lilaena started up the street. After so much time in the transport, she needed a bit of exercise. That, and scouting the layout of the city.

She could feel the power of the Force here, centered around the glittering palace high on the central hill. Opening herself to the Force, she felt the residual energy of the great Freedon Nadd, and smiled.

Salem Ave
Jun 1st, 2005, 12:58:13 PM
The evening was quiet. At least for the time being, the denizens of Iziz had retired, whether it be to one of the cities many cantina’s or to their own homes. Here and there, people wandered the streets. A couple stood halfway up the Skyramp, gazing into the distance, wondering what lay beyond the walls that encircled the city. Descending the long walkway, a well-dressed man in black followed the pathway as it curved to an end. Another figure stood at the roadside, looking up into the warm silhouette of the Royal Palace, smiling. Salem eyed the cloaked woman casually for a moment, before turning his gaze back to the familiar sight ahead.

“It’s quite a sight, isn’t it?”

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:08:34 PM
"Mmm." She looked at the man who'd questioned her, and nodded. "I didn't expect it to be so beautiful." Her brown woolen cloak seemed just a bit drab in comparison with the stranger's black suit.

Lilaena hesitated, feeling... something... "My first visit," she supplied.

Salem Ave
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:19:09 PM
He nodded knowingly. Your average citizen didn't often look so enchanted. For them, the royal residence had long ago ceased to be a novelty. Yet… for some reason, Salem thought that the Palace wasn’t the only reason that this woman seemed so happy. Interesting.

“What brings you to Onderon?” he asked, smiling pleasantly, in that way that one does when engaging in polite conversation. It was the kind of expression that while was readily identifiable as false, a mere social formality, seemed to set people at ease. Looking around any social gathering, you would see a dozen of those smiles filling awkward silences.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:26:12 PM
To say she was here to discover the power of Freedon Nadd's teaching of the Force would be a little forward. "It's personal. A cousin... I was sent here to find her." Lilaena's eyes strayed towards the palace, and then back to the man. "Family trouble, you know how it is. I do like visiting new places though."

She shifted slightly, facing up the street while he faced down, trying to indicate she was ready to be moving on.

Salem Ave
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:30:26 PM
The shift in body language was noted. Such reactions were common place. Whether because of his position, his demeanor, or simply his species not quite normal appearance, people generally found spending time around Salem Ave to be a somewhat unsettling experience. This woman, apparently, was no different.

“Perhaps I could help,” he offered, determined to hold her in conversation at least a little while longer, to ascertain what it was that was peculiar about her. “I work in the Palace. I could pull a few strings here and there, speed some processes up.”

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:38:18 PM
Her good mood dissapating faster than a morning mist, Lilaena smiled crookedly. "Really? That would be really helpful. She was... well... in trouble when she left. My aunt said some things she really didn't mean, and Tasha just took off." Her little lie was getting bigger and bigger by the minute.

"I just hope she hasn't had the baby yet." Lilaena grimaced slightly. "Do you really think you can help me find her? I know she came here... but not if she stayed or not."

Salem Ave
Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:45:46 AM
There was something more than a little off kilter about this woman. Salem understood the necessity for privacy, but she was squirming under the very lightest scrutiny. Either her search was not entirely legal, or she was lying.

“I can certainly look into it. All you need do is drop by the Palace offices.”

Casually, he glanced at the chrono on his wrist. “Ah. You’ll have to excuse me, Miss. I have a meeting to attend. Like I say, though… don’t hesitate to drop by the Palace, mentioned the name Ave. Even if I can’t personally help with your enquiry, there’s sure to be someone there who will.”

That was his good deed for the day, in spite of lying about having to depart. Truth be told, he was curious about this woman and intended to find out more about her. He had the means to access information on almost anyone in Iziz and while he didn’t usually exercise this power for just anyone he met on the street, something about this woman struck him as out of the ordinary. In fact, he would have gone so far to wager that she may have had ties to the Jedi, or at least that was the conclusion that his suspicious mind was coming to.

Smiling coolly, Salem continued on walking. He did not turn to look back, though opened his mind to the Force, feeling for the woman’s presence…

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 3rd, 2005, 11:41:09 AM
Lilaena winced, feeling a headache coming on as the man turned away. Too many lies. A Jedi should try to be truthful as often as possible, but her master's teaching had made room for necessary untruths.

She started walking, but continued to have the niggling feeling that she was being watched. Observed closely, like she was under a microscope. And then... the slightest brush against the blocks she'd placed in her mind over the important memories.

It took all her willpower not to turn and stare at Ave. Lilaena kept walking.