PDA

View Full Version : The way I want to play Je'gan...

Je'gan Olra'en
May 31st, 2005, 08:21:01 PM
...well, check the big Character Discussion thread.

Je'gan Olra'en

An up-and-coming Inquisitor with a penchant for unilateral action just short of objectionability, Je'gan would never have made it far in the ranks of the Inquisitorius if not for his unswerving loyalty to Palpatine. Between missions he was known to volunteer for duty guarding the Emperor's private residences; though he was turned down repeatedly - after all, that function was already filled by the Crimson Guard - Je'gan earned a lasting place in the good books of the Emperor's inner circle. It was rumored that he had been made a part of the Emperor's Hand. If he was not, then at the very least he was occasionally requested for special missions by high-ranking Imperial officials. Though they never doubted his loyalty, most of his immediate superiors distrusted his connections as well as his growing skill in illusion, mind control and related disciplines.

Just before Palpatine died, Je'gan was finally rewarded for his service. His transfer to duty in the Emperor's Needle on the Second Death Star would have gone through just weeks after the debacle at Endor. The news of Palpatine's death crushed him. In the shadow of the panic on Imperial Center, few noticed his disappearance - from the planet, from the Inquisitorius, and (temporarily) from the face of the galaxy.

Sooo...here's what it boils down to. I need to do an entrance RP with someone - anyone - from TSO. I'd really like to play Je'gan this way - I'd also really like to stay a member at TSO.

(And from my POV, the above doesn't make him a Dark Jedi, it makes him a loyal servant of the Sith.) :P

Zereth Lancer
May 31st, 2005, 09:09:56 PM
So are you starting from scratch within the ranks of TSO? So you wouldn't be a knight yet (Although I think if you keep his previous skills then he could me elevated quite quickly) and not an Eldar?

Sasha Kovalev
Jun 1st, 2005, 06:58:34 AM
With the changes going on, we might want to revisit the ranking system. Afterall, the story arc will change each year and people will play new characters, or play their character differently. I think that if the person is someone we know, and whose roleplaying abilities we can trust to keep it within char, there is no reason why the person wouldnt be admitted at the level of knight, or be admitted and play the char as if they had been there forever and come up through the ranks. Its something we'll have to think about, I think, if we want to be competitive with the other organizations and to work in conjunction with the new format.

Just my two cents.

In any case, Je'gan, count me in for that RP if you want. Im flexible and willing to go along with any ideas you've got in mind for his entrance.

Lady Vader
Jun 1st, 2005, 12:31:50 PM
I think for simplicity sakes we'll be sticking to the

Elder (honoray title to those that have reached a heightened level of knowledge of the Sith, Dark Side, and of the Order)
Master
Lord
Knight
Apprentice
Acolyte (what someone is when they first apply to TSO and have not yet begun training)

We are all, however, dicsiples of the Dark Side of the Force and adhere to the teachings of the ancient Sith.

Does this make sense to everyone?

Sasha Kovalev
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:59:17 PM
*nods* I think. If what you mean is that Elder isnt a rank for RPing purposes, but rather it is an honor given to those IRL who have a good knowledge of the Sith, this RPG, TSO, etc, and would be able to help make informed decisions about the Order, promotions, etc.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 1st, 2005, 04:07:46 PM
So are you starting from scratch within the ranks of TSO? So you wouldn't be a knight yet (Although I think if you keep his previous skills then he could me elevated quite quickly) and not an Elder?

I'm definitely keeping Je'gan's skills where they are now, save for Shadow which I may or may not be phasing in later. It's not exactly something he would be able to invent without access to the knowledge in the archives. Je'gan will enter TSO as an Acolyte like everyone else, albeit one with a strong grasp of the Dark Side.

I can continue to moderate here, I suppose.

AmazonBabe
Jun 1st, 2005, 06:48:05 PM
Originally posted by SashaKovalev
*nods* I think. If what you mean is that Elder isnt a rank for RPing purposes, but rather it is an honor given to those IRL who have a good knowledge of the Sith, this RPG, TSO, etc, and would be able to help make informed decisions about the Order, promotions, etc.

Correct to an extent. The Elder thing is still a RP thing, albiet an honorary title in the RP sense. So... remove the IRL and you have it right on the money. :)

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 2nd, 2005, 07:22:22 AM
All right, Sasha, the thread is up in the Customs Outpost. Thanks.

Anyone else who's interested can jump right in.

Sasha Kovalev
Jun 2nd, 2005, 07:23:20 AM
*nods* Cool. Ive gotta go to a meeting in a couple of minutes, but as soon as its done I'll get to the thread. Looking forward to it.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 2nd, 2005, 07:27:06 AM
Cheers. :)

Lady Vader
Jun 7th, 2005, 10:53:03 AM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38551

Are you serious?

Can I just post with 5 yes' ? :p

Sasha Kovalev
Jun 7th, 2005, 10:57:52 AM
*laughs* I hadnt posted cuz I thought it was a given. I think you should post with more than five YES'...just cuz.

Lady Vader
Jun 7th, 2005, 02:25:08 PM
Actually... I've got the perfect idea... >D

Zereth Lancer
Jun 7th, 2005, 09:14:32 PM
You crazy ppl and your +10 accounts!

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 7th, 2005, 09:57:21 PM
*snorts* Nice, LV. Very nice. :)

Lady Vader
Jun 9th, 2005, 07:26:49 PM
And they were all TSO accounts. ^_^;

Anyhoo, Je'gan, to discuss your character.

I need to know whether he's going to be loyal to TSO or not. You see, if he's not, then I don't know if he'd fit here...

However, if he is, then yes you are welcome to a title and apprentice.

I realize there's a bio you wrote out at the top of this thread, but just for me, give me a brief summary of what exactly you're looking to accomplis with this character.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 9th, 2005, 09:13:13 PM
Yes, he'll be loyal. He's rather pragmatic: even though he was highly loyal to Palpatine and TSO didn't get along well with the Emperor, he's realized that Palpatine's quite dead and the best way he can honour the memory of his Emperor is to become a Sith. Simple enough. He's also loyal to his friends.

Accomplish? Have some fun, learn to write better...have some fun, write some stories...get an active Master, train Sky...suffice it to say that I don't have any clear-cut objectives besides Lordship.