PDA

View Full Version : So, who is going on holiday this summer?

Dasquian Belargic
May 31st, 2005, 09:21:25 AM
On Thursday I'm booking a three-day trip to Prague for myself and two friends, for some time in late July.

Apparently, you can buy pints there for as little as 40p (that's 70 cents). God bless our crazy European brothers and their cheap alcohol. They also have great jazz clubs and of course the gorgeous gothic architecture that you can stand.

Anyone else going anywhere interesting? :)

JMK
May 31st, 2005, 10:23:30 AM
I'm going to Boston from June 25-29 and to Atlanta & somewhere in Florida from August 12-20. :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 31st, 2005, 10:26:23 AM
New Orleans sometime this summer for the weekend; not sure about the dates though. Having a few friends coming out to visit over the course of the summer, too :D

Other than that, it's nothing but work for me.

Morgan Evanar
May 31st, 2005, 01:49:42 PM
July 29-30!

Khendon Sevon
May 31st, 2005, 02:14:34 PM
Maaaybe (big maybe) if I get a bit (read: a lot) better at rock climbing I'll go somewhere (Pennsylvania, Upstate New York? Further away? Who knows!) with a couple buddies for a week or so. My college set up a camping outing for August with some rock climbing and canoeing for entering students (get to meet my roommate, etc.).

should be interesting.

Of course, my dad is still trying to talk me into Greece. But none of my cousins are going this year so it won’t be as fun as previous years.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 31st, 2005, 02:21:42 PM
greeeeece!

That would be fantastic. *dream*

I'm going camping the week after July 4th weekend to Moses Lake, WA. :D

Nathanial K'cansce
May 31st, 2005, 02:28:08 PM
I don't think I'm going anywhere. :(

Lorani T'sava
May 31st, 2005, 05:59:21 PM
Well, considering how I don't get any vacation time until next year after I've worked for a year, I'm taking a few days (which I would have off anyways) to go and kick back and relax as well as visit some family near the end of June.

Cirrsseeto Quez
May 31st, 2005, 09:49:02 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
New Orleans sometime this summer for the weekend; not sure about the dates though. Having a few friends coming out to visit over the course of the summer, too :D

Other than that, it's nothing but work for me.

Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
July 29-30!

What these guys said.

CMJ
May 31st, 2005, 09:52:43 PM
Not I. The last "vacation" I had was going back for my best bud's wedding last summer. Maybe I can skip town come October or so.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:14:03 AM
I'd love to go to an island somewhere for the summer. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 1st, 2005, 11:09:48 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I'd love to go to an island somewhere for the summer. :D

Me too. We wanted to go to a Greek Island, but unfortunately it's a little out of our modest budgets!

Darth McBain
Jun 1st, 2005, 12:04:52 PM
I'm heading out to Mississippi for a wedding in a couple of weeks and then I'm gonna swing down to New Orleans for a couple days.

Also gonna head up to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons later in the summer...

Mandy with an I
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:08:19 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
Having a few friends coming out to visit over the course of the summer, too :D

^ I'm going to Georgia and Alabama in August. :D

Salem Ave
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:09:00 PM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
^ I'm going to Georgia and Alabama in August. :D

Wait... this is all looking very suspicious. Are you all doing something together? o_O

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:19:59 PM
Of course we are. You can come too if you want :)

Salem Ave
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:21:04 PM
Seriously? :eek

Mandy with an I
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:22:37 PM
Yes. More people need to come and visit while I'm there, so I can be more nervous :lol

Charley is going to get me drunk and hold my hair while I puke, so I know no-one will want to miss out on that! ;)

Salem Ave
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:31:23 PM
how many people are going so far?

Mandy with an I
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:37:18 PM
I know I'm spending a few days visiting Zeke and maybe Wei, and then S'il is kidnapping for the rest of the time I'm there. I know Zasz was asking about it, but I haven't talked to him lately.

Salem Ave
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:45:19 PM
Sounds like it will be fun. I wish I could come, but like I said, I don't even have the budget to get me eto Greece, let alone the USA :(

Alpha
Jun 2nd, 2005, 09:28:00 AM
I'll be in Japan for two weeks starting the 13th. :D

Darth Viscera
Jun 2nd, 2005, 10:36:42 AM
Not me. I had the option to go with my mom to Istanbul this June 28th to see my cousins and my aunt, but I declined because I hate airports and the turkish government, though the former with a much more fiery intensity than the latter. Besides, I'd make a horrible tourist, seeing as how I can't travel from Washington D.C. to Los Angeles without making arrogant touristy comments (even if they're not particularly apt) like "oh, I see they still have x here. How quaint" or "well, they certainly do things differently back home!". A trip to Turkey would probably end up thusly for me:

Visc: Oh, I see you guys are still worshipping at mosques here. How quaint!
Mob with many combustable objects: What?! KEEL HEEM
Visc: And look at that, a Taco Bell Express that doesn't have a KFC built in. Boy, it must be great to live in the back end of nowhere like thi...oh dear I'm burning! You know, that's funny, because back home in America we've invented a little thing that we like to call the "microwave".

Besides, leaving home and going on wild adventures just serves to make you late for breakfast.

I might go to L.A. in the fall though.

Tod Marr
Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:35:47 PM
A week in Spain is 2 weeks and 3 days away for me :) Going with my girlfriend and her parents - they paid for me, flight and board :)

Arya Ravenwing
Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:15:43 PM
That is awesome, Peter. :D Have fun!

Liam Jinn
Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:23:51 PM
I might be flying up to North Carolina late June or early July, then drive back here to Texas from there.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:55:25 AM
Well, we don't have a hotel yet but, we booked our flights to Prague yesterday... so I will be there from the 26th to 29th July :D

Prrrobably staying here: http://www.hostel.cz/detail.aspx?id=124

Kelt Simoson
Jun 4th, 2005, 09:00:17 AM
Going to Atlanta 1st-20th of july :)

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 4th, 2005, 01:08:21 PM
why Atlanta?

Kelt Simoson
Jun 4th, 2005, 01:31:15 PM
To see a friend, my good sir.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 4th, 2005, 01:36:07 PM
Okay.

You know there are a bunch of us about two hours due west of ATL?

Kelt Simoson
Jun 4th, 2005, 01:37:23 PM
Then come and see me you old scrowt :D

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 4th, 2005, 01:44:36 PM
How about you come and see us instead. Don't let your trip to America be limited to the cesspit that is Atlanta.

Kelt Simoson
Jun 4th, 2005, 02:09:27 PM
I cant mate, i have limited budget, i cant drive and im new to the mighty US. Come see me man! be cool to hang with the the man that is Charleyness.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 4th, 2005, 02:23:37 PM
Surely your friend has a car and a day to kill

Kelt Simoson
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:36:35 PM
Nope no car, sir...

And im on a lemons butt budget, why dont you just pop down? :(

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 5th, 2005, 06:21:56 AM
Catch a bus. There's bound to be cheap coaches, and I'm sure your friend would enjoy the exciting trip ;)

Kelt Simoson
Jun 5th, 2005, 08:21:12 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
...and I'm sure your friend would enjoy the exciting trip ;)

tut tut :rolleyes :)

Mandy with an I
Jun 6th, 2005, 07:51:05 AM
Originally posted by Salem Ave
Sounds like it will be fun. I wish I could come, but like I said, I don't even have the budget to get me eto Greece, let alone the USA :(

:cry

I booked my flight yesterday, it wasn't *super* cheap, but it was in canuck bucks, so at least I didnt have to pay exchange :x

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 6th, 2005, 10:56:11 AM
Why doesn't someone come up here to visit me? :(

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 6th, 2005, 11:51:32 AM
Because I've already come out to the west coast far too much. It's high time the west coast came out to visit me.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 6th, 2005, 12:04:10 PM
You've never been to Oregon.

AND I HAVE visited you. So there!

Khendon Sevon
Jun 6th, 2005, 12:13:42 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
greeeeece!

That would be fantastic. *dream*

I'm going camping the week after July 4th weekend to Moses Lake, WA. :D

Meh, we have a villa in the mountains (in a village filled with random old people who share my last name) and an apartment in Nafpactos (couple hours away from Athens, bumping, stay out very, very late drinking and dancing... 'course, I can't dance ;p and my cousins are going to stay in America this year -- which is why I'm not going, no fun alone with my broken Greek).

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 6th, 2005, 12:15:37 PM
Meh!?

MEH!?

How can you 'meh' a villa in the mountains of Greece and an apartment in Nafpactos?!

*faints*