PDA

View Full Version : Let's discuss the new Jedi Factions

Dasquian Belargic
May 30th, 2005, 10:21:06 AM
As you all know, there is no longer a Jedi Order - however it's quite possible and probable that there would be numerous small cells of Jedi operating throughout the galaxy.

I figure a good thing for us to start off with discussing is exactly what these sects are. Does your character belong to one? Or did they in the past (if so, what happened to it)? Do they lead one? Who do they work with?

Obviously, this sort of thing would not be known to other Jedi In Character, but I feel like it would be useful for us to know Out Of Character what is going on with the rest of the Jedi :)

Gen-Yil Kehandu
May 30th, 2005, 10:24:52 AM
My character doesn't belong to any sect, at least initially. He's a loner. He's been "hiding" since the Purge, and won't have any contact with other Jedi until the storyline really gets rolling.

If he joins a small group or not, I'm not sure yet. I may keep him as a simply a roaming Jedi, perhaps in master/apprentice pairing with a younger character.

Daria Nytherciria
May 30th, 2005, 10:27:28 AM
Daria also is a loner, however she used to be part of a small group based on Telos - in the old abandoned academy that the Jedi Master Atris once used. Here she lived in seclusion with her Master and a handful of other students. Each and every one of them, save Daria herself, was killed by Darth Stratus. Since then, she has travelled alone throughout the galaxy.

Navaria Tarkin
May 30th, 2005, 10:29:35 AM
Lianna was trained to be hidden from the Empire, so she is very much on her own and a wanderer. It was only until recently has she sought out others like her but that has only been a couple of years. She has unfortunately found no others like herself yet :(

But that will change!

Rognan Dar
May 30th, 2005, 12:32:34 PM
Rognan is also a loner. I would like to have him be with/know about/ training with someone else. I'm not very good with doing things on my own and being that he was a youth when this all happened having someone else around would help him out greatly.

So it seems that there really is no sects. And how are we going to go about forming them? Are we going to form them? I know it should take a while to find eachother out and then, between a few people, know about a few others but not all the others. That way we keep a secure information source of all the Jedi.

But what really came to my mind was how are we going to find other Jedi? If hunter parties and the other people can't find Jedi...how is anyone else going too?

Dasquian Belargic
May 30th, 2005, 12:37:26 PM
Jedi would be able to sense one another. Particularly Masters and Knights. Unless they were using the Force to hide their presence, of course. But if your Jedi wanted to group with someone else... I don't think it would be difficult for them to get themselves noticed. Word travels fast.

Right now, I think most people are going to be coming here saying that their Jedi is a loner - but there's nothing to stop you from co-ordinating something with another Jedi, forming a team with them :) Will give you something to RP out.

Lorca Dawnstone
May 30th, 2005, 12:44:56 PM
My character is hiding in the lower levels of Coruscant at a hostel for the sick and homeless. His master was killed during an Imperial raid and Lorca escaped with a broken lightsaber. He is primarily a healer but in the hostel he keeps his Jedi skills secret.

In his first roleplay, Lorca will meet up with Kale and after befriending each other, they will become aware that each other is gifted in the Force. Lorca will begin to pass down his maser's knowledge to Kale, who has never had a master, if I remember correctly.

That is how I, and Kale, will be going about getting our characters started and training once more - right under the Empire's nose, no less. There is plenty of talk of people's characters being loners or wanderers yet I don't think anyone has said exactly where their characters will be.

If any are on Coruscant, and may find themselves in the lower levels at some point, let's arrange something together. :)

Dasquian Belargic
May 30th, 2005, 12:58:09 PM
Originally posted by Lorca Dawnstone
There is plenty of talk of people's characters being loners or wanderers yet I don't think anyone has said exactly where their characters will be.

Daris is on the move. Constantly. At this very moment, however, she has been forced to land on Ambria :)

If anyone is looking to be more if a gray Jedi (i.e. working for the good of the Force, rather than yourself, anyone else, the Jedi, etc), then Daria is the one to throw your lot with.

Gen-Yil Kehandu
May 30th, 2005, 01:22:07 PM
Character Location: Dantooine. Miles from any city, in the farm country. Owns a small home, spends time cultivating modest garden and working as part-time hand for area farmers. Keeps Force abilities secret, passively uses Force to mask his aura.

Zabian Bal-Wandler
May 30th, 2005, 04:36:58 PM
Zabian is a Jedi Protector.

He is a loner by choice and knows many Jedi groups locations in the galaxy that exsist due to his connections within the Rebellion and on several planets. He also knew several key bits of infomation about the battle of Endor and thus was a prime target for the Empire, unfortuently while trying to protect a sect of jedi from discovery he was captured and now remains in the Imperial Centre where he is currently under torture, if he spills the beans, the Rebellion could possibly be at risk :)

come save me Rebellion folk!

So yes he is alone right now, though eventually probably within a group of jedi.

Navaria Tarkin
May 30th, 2005, 04:38:53 PM
if he spills the beans, the Rebellion could possibly be at risk

Rebel Intell is working on it :p

Dasquian Belargic
May 30th, 2005, 04:40:25 PM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
Rebel Intell is working on it :p

:cool shhhhh

Kale
May 30th, 2005, 06:16:28 PM
Kale received very basic training from his mother, a former Jedi Padawan, before she disappeared. He's a thief on the Coruscant streets, and he occasionally uses what he knows of the Force to aid him in his profession.

So, yeah, he and Lorca will encounter one another, and we'll see where we get from there. There's also a possibility that one of the Jedi who escaped the purge may have known Kale's mother, Onika Zarinova. She was twelve when the purge struck the Temple.

Anbira Hicchoru
May 30th, 2005, 07:21:46 PM
Anbira has been in exile on Felucia for three years. He's kind of going stir crazy. Not just cut off from other jedi, but he really hasn't seen any people in a long time.

Wei Wu Wei
May 30th, 2005, 11:03:41 PM
Wei Wu Wei will probably be mostly on planets where the Rebellion is present, and people are terrorized and harassed by Imperials on a regular basis. It helps fuel his gloomy look on the world. He'll travel to other planets when the need arises, though.

Zeke
May 31st, 2005, 10:31:06 PM
Titian and Lillian Snow will be active in the Rebellion, if I can manage it, with Lilly being a pilot on top of her Padawan ability. Zeke is just discovering that he has Force abilities and is trying to decide what to do about them. He'll be wherever business takes him.

Oriadin
Jun 1st, 2005, 05:24:16 AM
I think I'll be working on a back story for Oriadin since ive been gone for so long.

I think Oriadin will probably reside somewhere on Couruscant. He's trying to leave his Jedi days behind him, but one way or another he keeps finding trouble, or trouble keeps finding him. He'll probably end up doing good around the lower levels, trying his best to turn his back on problems but unable to do so. This would mean he is always on the run, always looking over his shoulder. I dont want it to be clear he's a Jedi, but obviously when he does something to help someone, they suspect.

Kyle Krogen
Jun 4th, 2005, 12:37:23 AM
[qoute] If anyone is looking to be more if a gray Jedi (i.e. working for the good of the Force, rather than yourself, anyone else, the Jedi, etc), then Daria is the one to throw your lot with. [/QUOTE]

I have been calling Kyle a grey Jedi since I reset him. He is a loner but only is alone because he doesn't want to befriend anyone who will just end up dying, as happend with his master. Kyle spent his entire life, up to the point his master died, on corascant, mostly in the lower levels. He had finished training with his master but never recieved the rank of knight, because his master died shortly after after finishing Kyle trainings.

Kyle wanders around space, mostly in outer rim systems but every now and then he travels to corascant. Kyle helps who ever he can no matter the odds, as revealed in the thread "Running the blockade" where he's taking on a star destroyer with not but an X-wing.

Das, Maybe Kyle and Daris should meet up sometime.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 4th, 2005, 03:25:48 AM
Definetly. She is a little preoccupied right now, but once I've done this current thread with, we should definetly have them bump into each other at some point.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 4th, 2005, 07:55:39 PM
Once I get Anbira off of Felucia, he'll probably reach out to as many Jedi as he can find and "spread the gospel" (since Anbira has trained under the spirits of the force for years, and knows of their secrets of immortality).

At some point, I'll probably link up with the Rebels, but it's going to be pretty difficult for Anbira to really lead anyone into anything. He's lived in seclusion for so long that he's somewhat introverted and doesn't feel it is his place to lead others, qualified or otherwise.

What happens after that point, I'm not saying :mischief

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 4th, 2005, 09:40:10 PM
heh... :) Navaria is doing much the same. She has had little luck in finding Jedi, tho she has found very few who have completed her training that I will reveal in RP as her past unfolds. Drin is also helping with that.

Because she has been on the run since she was born, she too is very introverted and looks to others to lead :)

Spada Elhow
Jun 4th, 2005, 10:42:27 PM
I guess Padawan Spada has exiled himself to his homeworld of Dorin, although he is hidden just outside of town and rarely visits when he needs supplies. Spada has lost some of the skills which he previously used out of lack of use, but some of his skills in the force have improved. He has also been very deeply scarred mentally from the Purge, and is unsure of what he should be fighting for, which is why he has chosen to take no sides as of yet. I would like to group up with another Jedi, perhaps one who could retrain him in the force and set him straight.

PM me if youre interested.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 5th, 2005, 09:37:57 AM
^you should really post that in RP discussion, you'll get a much better response.

Number 62
Jun 9th, 2005, 07:48:23 PM
He isn't really in a sect yet but I wouldn't mind getting him into one. Though I'm sure for a time he will be a loner like most of the other jedi, at least until a strong enough group of Jedi emerges that it might make since for him to join one anyways.

Though he will be willing to put in a helping hand anytime its needed and making a few jedi contacts.

Anuis Ma'artra
Jun 10th, 2005, 12:47:17 PM
I'm going to be changing my character's name. But the whole idea behind him will be that he's from an outer rim planet and was found at a young age and trained by a Jedi Master in exile. Somehow the master gets killed and the young Padawan sets off in search of others to complete his training.

Jacen
Jun 10th, 2005, 01:05:17 PM
Jacen isn't actively seeking out other Jedi at the moment because of his family, but he wouldn't turn anyone away should they *happen* to cross paths. He will start looking for active Jedi soon though.

Drin Kizael
Jun 13th, 2005, 04:58:46 PM
For those not following Prison Blues... Drin Kizael is not part of any sect or group of Jedi. He's been in jail for just over 5 years now, since before Alderaan. The thread "Every New Beginning" will eventually get around to that part of his story.

He wasn't trying to get arrested, but he's not trying to escape either because it turned out to be an ideal place to hide. He's still under the impression that Vader and Sidious are alive and well.

I have no idea what he'll do when he gets back to Imperial space. Most likely go wherever Lianna does.

FYI... Anyone with a backstory rooted in the Jedi Order of the prequels is given permission to at least recognize the name Drin Kizael. If you want to have known him personally, just PM me about it before we wind up in a thread together.

His master was a trianii named Moorja Dreeshan, one of the casualties of Geonosis. Kizael was never on the council or anything so grand (neither was Dreeshan), but he was trained a little by Qui-Gon in his early years and fought with Obi-Wan and Anakin in the Clone Wars.

He's a little older than Obi-Wan would be in this timeline. 70-80ish. Alien physiology. That's late 30's-40ish to a human.

AmazonBabe
Jun 15th, 2005, 06:14:44 PM
AB's stuck in a small hut in the jungles of Ithor. Hasn't gotten word of the Emperor's demise, but she will soon. :)

Heather Quee
Jun 15th, 2005, 09:23:10 PM
Heather for the moment is working at a Cantina on Corellia.

Serena Laran
Jul 19th, 2005, 12:02:45 AM
Serena is in seclusion on a technologically backwards planet in the outer rim. A celtic-type culture thrives there, and it is home to an outpost of Imperials who have been there for far too long without reprieve.

She will soon be rescuing a young Force adept from the locals and be forced to flee her safe haven.

Jackson Mcgraves
Jul 19th, 2005, 02:11:17 PM
Jackson is currently traveling the Galaxy with his older brother Allex and Niece Nicky. They are running a small smuggling operation between the planets Rutan and Malastare allong the Hydian way.

He currently rarely uses what force powers he has keeps mostly to his family and himself. He is afraid the empire and his Brother Jason will find out he is alive and that he was a jedi.

Soolin Anjhurin
Aug 28th, 2005, 01:05:05 PM
Soolin comes from the Unknown Regions, that's about all I still have for a background. =/

Bandage
Sep 19th, 2005, 02:57:11 AM
Bandage is currently running about in the Lower sections of Coruscant. Because of his slightly horrific appearance, he has decided to stick to the numerous sewer and ventilation access tunnels, unless he has need for food. He then makes his way up for the occaisonal dumpster-diving.

Chances are, I'll have to RP out meeting Yoghurt, instead of simply mentioning that Bandage found Yog. I have this tendency to try and RP out my backgrounds, just so I can use them as a reference for later. Plus, it's better for building a sound character.....

For further information, see Bandage's background.

Wyl Staedtler
Sep 20th, 2005, 02:46:18 AM
Wyl is the grandson of Kardo Staedtler, a Jedi Knight killed in the purge. His mother Oa Umi'u was recently killed while talking with the Rebellion about the safety of her son who, like his grandfather, is Force sensitive.

Wyl is currently bolting through Coruscant with a Rebel agent and is soon to be rescued and trained by a Jedi.