PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Imperials and the reset

Darth Viscera
May 27th, 2005, 02:19:21 PM
With the reset coming, 5 people so far (that's I've noticed) have indicated that their characters were close friends with Palpatine, and so basically high up on the Imperial food chain. Of the 5, I'm worried about Anar, Tear, and LV. When it comes to these 3, I'm not sure they're willing to RP their characters as being villainous and evil. The way things are going now, once the reset goes through, we could be facing an escalation in the current problem of Imperials and Sith who are "evil lite".

I'm don't know Anar or Tear very well, but I do know that they're part of Telan's crew, which leads me to believe that they have a higher chance of holding the same reluctance to RP their characters malevolently as Telan. Matt, as we all know, refuses to RP his character as evil because, in his mind, if the Empire shows benevolence in the RPs he writes, then the Nazi Germany that he reveres will have been victorious in World War II.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 27th, 2005, 02:24:54 PM
LV is no longer claiming to be a friend of Palpatine. Is she???

Anar is a political RPer - and brilliant. I'd trust him. Perhaps this should be brought up the Empire - let them know that they're supposed to be xenophobic snobs who make women walk behind them.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 27th, 2005, 02:34:04 PM
Tear is scary-awesome at playing a pure mean and evil person. He proved that to the Nth degree in Paradise in Hell.

As for them (Anar and Tear) being of the same mind as Telan, I wouldn't worry about that at all.

Darth Viscera
May 27th, 2005, 02:40:49 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
LV is no longer claiming to be a friend of Palpatine. Is she???

Anar is a political RPer - and brilliant. I'd trust him. Perhaps this should be brought up the Empire - let them know that they're supposed to be xenophobic snobs who make women walk behind them.

By close friend I don't necessarily always mean drinking buddies with Palpatine, but rather high shoes in the Empire. Rie's character is (according to the latest edit) starting out as an Imperial General who appears to be the future warlord of the Corellian system.

I have brought it up with the Imperials in the past, but they dismissed the idea. One of them said that if it weren't for the fact that he could RP as an Imperial who's a good guy, he would have made his character part of the New Republic.

Shawn
May 28th, 2005, 07:25:15 PM
Hmm... when this all starting coming up for discussion, I was thinking of having Gurney as an Ex-Royal Imperial Guard. But since everyone is kind of flocking around ol' wrinkly, I may reconsider.

On a personal note: I haven't actually been excited about RPing in a very long time. :)

Navaria Tarkin
May 28th, 2005, 08:01:05 PM
On a personal note: I haven't actually been excited about RPing in a very long time. :)

I know... it's amazing. I can't wait for the reset

Lilaena De'Ville
May 29th, 2005, 12:40:01 AM
Shawn - we need an ex-Royal Guard who isn't played by Helen. So PLEASE do.

And Javus Parr - er...? The Imperials should decide who can do what. I mean, I wouldn't say that LD was a NR admiral without checking with Lion first.