PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs

Jedieb
May 23rd, 2005, 09:10:52 PM
Both opening games of the Conference Finals are in the books. The Spurs showed that the Suns don't know what the word defense means and the Pistons have now beaten Shaq 5 straight times in the playoffs. He was healthy last year and the Pistons weren't the least bit intimidated by Shaq and Kobe. They don't look like they're afraid of a hobbled Shaq and Wade this year either.

I actually like all of these teams, except maybe the Suns. Damn, without the Lakers there's no one to root against. I'm picking the Spurs to take it all. I think they match up well against the Pistons because they play the best defense the West has to offer. Detriot plays tough defense, but the Spurs can both run and play half court offense.

Neither series is over. I still think the Suns can score enough points to give the Spurs a 6 or 7 game series. The Spurs can't score over 40 4th quarter pts every game. One bad night of shooting and Phoenix and Nash have got 'em. Miami's got bigger problems I think. Especially if all they're going to get from Shaq is 20 pts.

CMJ
May 23rd, 2005, 09:25:20 PM
At the end of the day I think Miami will take the Pistons down in seven games.

Spurs win the West in 6.

I haven't been following the playoffs too closely. As soon as the Celtics went down I quit paying a lot of attention. I miss the Stanley Cup. :\

jjwr
May 24th, 2005, 06:12:02 AM
Ditto CMJ, once the Celtics were done my interest was relegated to checking the scores on Sportscenter.

I would love to see a Suns vs Heat finals, your average game would be around 114-110. I'm dreading a Pistons vs Spurs final where the games will be 82-78 in OT.

Though in reality I'm picking Spurs vs Heat in the finals.

Jedieb
May 24th, 2005, 08:59:55 AM
I'd love to see Duncan match Shaq and Kobe with 3 rings. Plus, I love watching Ginobli play. He's fearless and drives the lane like a madman. Nash is great to fun to watch play as well.

JMK
May 24th, 2005, 10:09:03 AM
I'd love to see a Suns vs Heat finals. It would be the most entertaining ball seen in years! But of course, we're probably going to get the woefully boring Pistons vs the even more boring Spurs. I'm sure the NBA is praying for the Heat & Suns to win their respective series...

Jedieb
May 24th, 2005, 09:48:21 PM
The Spurs have pretty much ended the Suns season tonight. With 3 games at SA I don't see how the SUns can win 4 out of 5.

CMJ
May 24th, 2005, 10:32:52 PM
The Spurs looked really good tonight from the little that I watched. I think the Suns get the series back to Phoenix, but they're pretty much toast at this point.

Jedi Master Carr
May 29th, 2005, 10:42:29 PM
The only hope for the NBA is Miami, they looked impressive tonight. Wade is the real deal he is the best young player the league has right now.

JMK
May 30th, 2005, 07:46:02 AM
Yeah he's just skyrocketed ahead of the likes of Lebron and Anthony.

Can you imagine if the Heat wins the title? How bad will Kobe look if that's what happens? He runs Shaq out of town and then Shaq gets another title. It won't matter if it's because of Wade or not, if Kobe were as good and dominant as he thinks he is, the Lakers would have at least made the playoffs.

jjwr
May 30th, 2005, 11:35:57 AM
I hope the Heat win just because of that. It would definetly stick it to Kobe good.

Wade is just down right awesome, he's leaps and bounds ahead of Anthony. Not sure about Lebron though, put Lebron with Shaq and you would have some equally magical things happening.

The Suns are done, I can't even see them winning 1 game.

JMK
May 30th, 2005, 12:04:15 PM
Yeah I think they've folded their tents. They just can't do anything against the Spurs. Again, a good defense beats a good offense when it matters most. That, and they have no answer for Tim Duncan.

Morgan Evanar
May 30th, 2005, 06:01:03 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Yeah he's just skyrocketed ahead of the likes of Lebron and Anthony.

Can you imagine if the Heat wins the title? How bad will Kobe look if that's what happens? He runs Shaq out of town and then Shaq gets another title. It won't matter if it's because of Wade or not, if Kobe were as good and dominant as he thinks he is, the Lakers would have at least made the playoffs. As awesome as Wade is, the Heat have a lot of tools in their box and have a deep, talented bench.

Jedi Master Carr
May 30th, 2005, 08:31:38 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
As awesome as Wade is, the Heat have a lot of tools in their box and have a deep, talented bench.

Yeah that is true they are a deep team. They got hall of famer in Mourning coming off the bench.

JMK
May 31st, 2005, 07:07:00 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Yeah that is true they are a deep team. They got hall of famer in Mourning coming off the bench.

That's true, and every young star needs to have a good supporting cast, but as Wade goes, so do the Heat for the most part. In the past it would have been as Shaq goes, so does that team.

CMJ
May 31st, 2005, 08:00:22 AM
Phoenix won Game 4 - showing alot of heart in doing so. My guess is they'll take the next one back home(can't imagine them losing all three of their home games) before losing the series in SA.

Jedieb
May 31st, 2005, 06:55:14 PM
Stoudemire had a huge block on Duncan late in the game that sealed the deal. Duncan came back to Earth with his free throw shooting and that cost the Spurs. I think the Spurs are more than capable of closing out the series on the road. Tonight I expect Detroit to bounce back and make it a series again. They're 23-25 after the first right now.

CMJ
May 31st, 2005, 09:47:55 PM
Detroit comes up large...even though their Coach is skipping town. ;)

JMK
Jun 1st, 2005, 07:57:02 AM
I just don't get Larry Brown. Why is that guy so nomadic? Why sign a multi-year deal if you know you're just going to break it before it expires? Ugh...we criticize Terrell Owens for breaking contracts after only 1 season, so why not Brown? I understand that if the Pistons give permission to talk to other teams that's one thing, but just the very principle of it. Don't sign a contract unless you plan to honor it.

CMJ
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:33:24 AM
I've never been a fan of Brown for that reason. Sure, he's a great coach, but he's the definition of the "grass is always greener" saying.

Take after he won the National Title at Kansas. That spring he accepted the job at UCLA, said no...he wasn't leaving the Jayhawks, then went to the LA Clippers.

All in about 3 months.

JMK
Jun 1st, 2005, 11:53:14 AM
It's a wonder why anyone hires him at all. Sure, like you said he's a great basketball mind, but I think it would royally suck to have him for one year just to watch him walk away and cause a distraction. I know that the Cavs are going after him, and not vice versa, but its 100% his job to tell the Cavaliers to hold their horses until after the Pistons are eliminated or win the title. He hasn't done that and that's his fault.

Jedieb
Jun 1st, 2005, 08:51:02 PM
Brown gets hired because his specialty is building teams into contenders. He's had success doing that just about everywhere he's gone. He rebuilt Philly and got them to the Finals. He finally got his ring by getting this Pistons team over the hump. I think the reason behind his wanting the Cleveland job is simply his health. He's not doing well and there's a better than even chance that his doctors are going to recommend he give up coaching for awhile. Cleveland is offering him around $8M a year and the ability to use their private jet so he can still live in Philly with his family. Kind of hard for anybody to pass that up.

The Spurs and Suns are duking it out. The Spurs have taken a double digit lead in the 3rd. Duncan just sat down with his 3rd foul so we'll see if Phoenix can make a run here.

CMJ
Jun 1st, 2005, 09:47:46 PM
Spurs withstand a 4th Quarter onslaught and pull away late.

JMK
Jun 2nd, 2005, 06:49:31 AM
The Spurs were just too much 'team' for the Suns to handle.

Jedieb
Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:01:37 PM
The Spurs have 8 days to rest and get rustly. The Spurs are never going to admit which team they'd rather face, but I have to think they'd prefer the Heat. Both East teams are solid defensive teams. But you have to give the Pistons the edge. Plus, they're the defending champs. They know what it takes to win. The Heat have Shaq's championship experience, but the team is still relatively unproven. Shaq is playing well, but that thigh is keeping him from dominating defensively and it's causing him to pick up cheap fouls. I think the Pistons would give the Spurs a monster of a 7 game series. But the Heat will probably go down in 5 or 6.

The Heat are up big tonight so far. Looks like they'll be going back to the Palace leading 3-2.

JMK
Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:50:37 PM
I think the Spurs definetly want the Heat. A hobbled Shaq and an inexperienced Wade. I don't think they really want to deal with probably the best 'team' in basketball, not to mention the champs.

jjwr
Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:42:47 AM
The Heat are huge inside though, with Shaq & Zo prowling the paint it won't be easy on Duncan, he won't be able to have his way like he did against the Suns. The Heat are a balanced team too, big inside game and dangerous outside game in Wade, Jones and company.

The Heat need to end this series the next game, with Wade possibly hurting they can't afford to go 7 and then have a short break to play the rested Spurs, they need the time to rest Shaq & Wade and they know it.

Jedieb
Jun 5th, 2005, 08:46:29 PM
Tomorrow night should be great. Without Wade, the Heat don't stand a chance. They really got dominated in Game 6 by Detroit. It's a shame, you hate to see a series like this get decided by an injury.

CMJ
Jun 5th, 2005, 09:54:08 PM
I still expect Miami to come out with the 'W' tommorrow night.

JMK
Jun 6th, 2005, 06:57:43 AM
Are the Spurs loving this or what? They've got everything they've wanted. A long break before the finals, and though they won't say it publicly, they definetly want the Heat. Shaq and Wade are both injured, they'd beat them in 6 maximum.

Jedieb
Jun 6th, 2005, 07:38:29 PM
Wade is hurting. That shot by Jones before the buzzer could end up being huge. I don't know if Wade is going to be able to give Miami much in the second half. Someone is going to have to get hot and help Shaq carry the load down the stretch. Detroit is looking solid. They one defense stretch away from opening up a serious lead. Miami can't let the game get away from it in the 3rd.

jjwr
Jun 6th, 2005, 08:19:34 PM
Wade was incredible in the 3rd quarter, brought the Heat back and helped break the Pistons hot shooting.

Spurs are definetly loving this, with this going 7 the favorites in the finals has to be the Spurs.

JMK
Jun 7th, 2005, 08:51:42 AM
Originally posted by JMK
I'd love to see a Suns vs Heat finals. It would be the most entertaining ball seen in years! But of course, we're probably going to get the woefully boring Pistons vs the even more boring Spurs. I'm sure the NBA is praying for the Heat & Suns to win their respective series...

Well looks like my wish was deep sixed completely last night!

jjwr
Jun 7th, 2005, 01:37:06 PM
Blah....here comes a low scoring finals. I'm sure they will be good games but not the most exciting.

Spurs in 6

JMK
Jun 7th, 2005, 02:12:07 PM
I concur. Could be some excitement based on the fact that the games will be close. Like 68-66 kind of close.

Actually, these are the type of things that sometimes can get away from everyone and shock us with some great things. Though I would be shocked if either team ever came within 8 points of 100 in 4 quarters of play.

Jedieb
Jun 7th, 2005, 05:38:57 PM
I like both teams but I guess I'll be rooting for Duncan and the Suns. Both are great defensive teams. I'm glad the Pistons made it back to the Finals because it shows last year wasn't a fluke. Even if they lose, they proved the better team won last year. The Spurs are the last Western conference champs so their return shows them to be a dominant team as well.

The Spurs have the deeper bench and the best player. The Pistons won that game 7 with only 6 points from their bench. Genobli comes off the bench for the Spurs and gets that in a couple of minutes. The Pistons have a better backcourt. Parker may be the fastest guy on the court, but he's not match for Billups and Hamilton on the defensive end. Plus, he has a tendency to disappear. Rasheed Wallace can cause problems for anyone. It should be illegal for a 7 footer to shoot 3's that well. Plus, he can post up. He and Big Ben are going to give Duncan a run for his money. That's why I think the series is destined for 6 or 7. But in the end, I think the Spurs will be able to get enough from their bench to outlast the Pistons. I'll enjoy the show. These guys are going to work hard for their points.

CMJ
Jun 9th, 2005, 10:28:44 PM
Spurs win Game 1, 84-69.

JMK
Jun 10th, 2005, 07:05:17 AM
The only point of interest in that game was Ginobili. He was spectacular in the 2nd half. The rest of the Spurs and the Pistons looked like they were just standing around watching him.

jjwr
Jun 10th, 2005, 08:10:01 AM
2nd lowest scoring NBA Finals game in NBA History...whoo!

Jedieb
Jun 10th, 2005, 08:21:06 AM
Duncan was great as well. He had his typical double double and almost pulled down 20 rebounds. Both teams combined for nearly 20 blocks. This is not bad offense, it's GREAT defense. I don't mind that the scores aren't going to be that high. I think it's a better series than last year.

jjwr
Jun 13th, 2005, 04:45:21 AM
This series is over, the Spurs are a step above what the Pistons played against in the East. Not only do they have the potential 20pt scorers in Parker, Duncan and Ginobli but they play great defense, rebound like crazy and pass the ball incredibly well. All things the Pistons have dominated at in the East but in the Spurs they are finding a team that does it just as well if not better and has more talent at the key positions to boot.

JMK
Jun 13th, 2005, 07:29:37 AM
The Spurs are definetly the better team at this point. There's no question about that. I still think the Pistons have a chance to get back into it, but they have to win the next 2. If the Spurs get a 3rd win before the Pistons get a second win you may as well hand San Antonio the title.

CMJ
Jun 15th, 2005, 09:45:11 AM
Game Three was back and forth for most of the first 3 quarters. Then the Pistons stepped up and won emphatically.

JMK
Jun 15th, 2005, 09:58:12 AM
Yeah, they stormed back. It was tight in the first half but the Pistons were overwhelming in the 3rd and 4th. The way they've stolen the momentum back, this series is now anyone's to win. Based on their play last night it's not inconceivable that they could return to San Antonio with a 3-2 lead.

CMJ
Jun 15th, 2005, 10:02:47 AM
Originally posted by JMK
Based on their play last night it's not inconceivable that they could return to San Antonio with a 3-2 lead.

Even though I predicted Spurs in six, I was thinking the exact same thing.

CMJ
Jun 16th, 2005, 09:55:56 PM
The Pistons took the Spurs out behind the woodshed. Yikes!

jjwr
Jun 17th, 2005, 04:56:08 AM
Brutal game early, the Spurs were getting raped each time they got in close but nothing was getting called. Thats not why they lost though, their defense was horrible in this game and the Pistons were getting way too many drives into the lane and open looks.

JMK
Jun 17th, 2005, 07:38:34 AM
It's been a very strange final. All of the games have been extremely boring, save for the interest in watching how badly the losing team will be beaten.

Jedieb
Jun 18th, 2005, 07:18:19 PM
The only constant of this series has been that the road team has played some pretty craptacular basketball. The home teams have played some great defense, but both the Spurs and Pistons have folded in the second half under the home team's defensive pressure. This has been a pretty dissappointing finals in that none of the games have been close down the stretch. I don't mind defensive battles, but one sided games get boring after awhile. The Pistons are going to be sitting pretty if they win game 5. Even though the Spurs are tough at home, they'll be flashing back to what happened to them last year against the Lakers. They went up 2-0 only to lose the next 4 games. The winner of game 5 is probably going to win the series. I just don't know if the Spurs can get their momentum back, even with the home court if they blow game 5.

CMJ
Jun 19th, 2005, 10:24:01 PM
Robert Horry is a legend. He's like the Claude Lemieux of the NBA.

For those non hockey fans Lemiuex was a decent player who always seemed to score the big goals at the right time come playoff time.

jjwr
Jun 20th, 2005, 06:38:52 AM
He was incredible, he has so many ridiculous winning shots in his career. I still remember when he killed the Kings a few years back with a monster 3...man Jonathon was whining about that one for a while :)

The guy has like 6 championships I think, 2 with the Rockets, 3 with the Lakers and I think 1 prior with the Spurs.

To me that is the end of the series, whichever team took game 5 will take the series. No way the Spurs lose two in a row at home.

JMK
Jun 20th, 2005, 07:55:40 AM
Horry is almost HOF stuff just based on his performances in the 4th quarter of the finals.

Jedieb
Jun 20th, 2005, 07:46:59 PM
He hit big shots for Rockets, he did it for the Lakers, and now the Spurs will probably be able to win their 3rd title in 7 years because of what he did in the 4th quarter and overtime. He belongs in the HOF. People are walking around with ringS because of his clutch shots. No, his career numbers aren't spectacular, but they're respectable. He's played big when it MATTERS and he's done it on multiple occasions. That's the key for me. Anyone can have a career day in a championship game and then fade to oblivion. But Horry has had those kinds of moments on several occasions. To me, that matches a 20 year vet who piles up numbers and ends up with all time numbers, but NO rings.

The Spurs needed to get 1 win in Detroit and Horry gave it to them. Detroit is going to be hard pressed to win 2 in San Antonio, but if there's a team that can do it, it's them. I don't think they'll pull it off, but I wouldn't be stunned if they did. I just hope we get another good game tomorrow night. I actually missed last night's game because my son and I went to see ROTS again. I saw some highlights on ESPN today and I can't believe I missed it. Ah, it was worth it.

jjwr
Jun 21st, 2005, 06:21:10 AM
Whats being lost in all of this is how good the Spurs and Duncan have been. If they win out this series it will have been 2 in 3 years. Take into consideration last year though, the Lakers upset the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals 4 - 2 after the Spurs were up 2-0. The Lakers just came on strong and closed them out, had the Spurs not totally fallen apart in that series they would have had a more than fair shot at the Title and could be looking at their third straight title and 4th for Tim Duncan.

As a Celtics fan I still cry and think what he would have looked like in Celtic green. Who knows maybe Duncan would have made Pitino a good coach and not scared him into bad deal after bad deal. Surefire HOF player who could end up with 5-7 Titles before he's done.

JMK
Jun 21st, 2005, 06:52:03 AM
I think Duncan is going to go down as one of the 5 best of all time when he's done. He carries his team to the mecca and then lets others like Ginobili and Horry put them over the edge.

Jedieb
Jun 21st, 2005, 07:02:33 AM
People are all over Duncan for missing those free throws and that put back at the end of regulation. At least he made that second free throw to tie the game. After missing 6 in a row I'd hate to take a FT knowing that my team needs it to tie the game. He still had 26pts and 19rbs, awesome numbers.

CMJ
Jun 21st, 2005, 10:49:27 AM
Duncan is definitely gonna be an all-timer. Not sure about the top 5, but he's up there. Man, I can't even imagine what the Celtics would be like if we'd gotten him.

jjwr
Jun 21st, 2005, 12:25:11 PM
As much as I would love the sight of Duncan in Celtics green someone I talked to about it made a good point. With the Spurs he went into a perfect situation, they already had a HoF center in David Robinson so he wasn't forced into playing center and instead could focus on his game as a PF, as such he really developed into the player he is today. Had he gone to the Celtics he would have been it and all the pressure would be on him.

JMK
Jun 21st, 2005, 12:40:56 PM
That's a good point. He would have been definetly shoved in as the center and he may not have turned into the player that he is today. It would have been nice to have a guy like that on the east coast though. ;)

CMJ
Jun 21st, 2005, 07:25:27 PM
I'm not sure I agree. He was a very complete player his first year in the league. That's why when he was at Wake Forest scouts were drooling all over themselves. I recall some people actually discussed him being an MVP his first YEAR. I believe he was in his second.

JMK
Jun 21st, 2005, 07:58:26 PM
It's all speculation at this point, but weren't the Celtics run by idiots in that time? They would have screwed something up for sure.

jjwr
Jun 21st, 2005, 08:16:21 PM
Oh I have no doubt he would still have been a great player but not as good as he is now, having Robinson to teach him and take the pressure off was huge.

Sadly the Celtics were run by Morons at the time, they had 2 picks in the lottery and a huge % advantage to get the #1 overall pick which is why Rick Pitino left Kentucky for the Celtics. He had said afterwards if he knew he wasn't going to get Duncan he never would have left. That year they picked Ron Mercer & Chauncy Billups, Billups was traded half way through the year and Mercer the year afterwards.

Jedieb
Jun 21st, 2005, 09:28:33 PM
Detroit is up by 5 half way through the 4th. The Spurs had a couple of solid defensive stops when the lead was at 3, but Mohammed had a couple of chances close to the basket but couldn't finish and the lead went up to 5. Duncan just mised 2 more FT's and that's going to be huge down the stretch. 7 pt lead now. Which ever team that can get a DEFENSIVE run these last few minutes is going to come out with the win.

jjwr
Jun 22nd, 2005, 06:44:43 AM
Damn Pistons, I wanted that series to end last night. They couldn't miss down the stretch and the Spurs kept turning the ball over. Every time the Spurs got it close again the Pistons made a shot.

Ginobli was horrible down the stretch, a few turnovers and some really bad shots when they weren't needed.

Down by 5 with almost 40 seconds left and he forces up a really horrible shot that doesn't even get rim and effectively ends the game.

JMK
Jun 22nd, 2005, 07:59:14 AM
On the other hand it's about time that the Finals go to a game 7. It has to be almost a decade since we last saw a game 7 in the NBA finals.

This series went from being lame in the first 4 games with all the blowouts, to being very good in the past 2 games. Game 7 has all the makings of a classic.

Tim Duncan can cement his legacy forever with another win.

Jedieb
Jun 22nd, 2005, 06:29:06 PM
The Pistons either tied or set a Finals record for fewest turnovers last night. There's one of the major reasons the Spurs lost. Their defense just wasn't there. Plus, they kept turning the damn ball over. The Pistons have been in this situation before. We've seen them respond to pressure all season and in the playoffs, now it's up to the Spurs. Duncan can't have a solid 20pts, 10rbs. He's got to be closer to 30pts and 20 rbs. He's got to have a big game. That will help Ginobli and Parker get off. And the Spurs have to get back to playing some solid defense. They haven't dominated defensively since game 2. If it wasn't for Horry this series would be over.

Clive Solo
Jun 22nd, 2005, 07:02:57 PM
Originally posted by JMK
On the other hand it's about time that the Finals go to a game 7. It has to be almost a decade since we last saw a game 7 in the NBA finals.

This series went from being lame in the first 4 games with all the blowouts, to being very good in the past 2 games. Game 7 has all the makings of a classic.

Tim Duncan can cement his legacy forever with another win.

Yeah exactly...best ever at his position?

He's certinatly making a case for it, and with another win I might put him up there.

Jedieb
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:12:29 PM
Duncan has been solid, but he hasn't even been the best player in this series. He's great, and he doesn't deserve the bashing that some people have been giving him, but Billups will probably be the MVP if the Pistons win tonight. He's been lighting it up these last few games. If the Spurs win tonight the MVP could go to several players; Duncan, Ginobli, even Horry if he comes up with another clutch performance. Hell, if the Spurs win but Billups puts up another 30 he'll probably get some votes.

Anything can happen tonight because this series has taken one turn after another. Pour over the stats or flip a coin, each one will give you a good guess as to what will happen tonight.

jjwr
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:18:33 PM
Almost half time and its a 1 point game, still no clue how this game is going to go. Both teams are playing great D and holding the other down. Right now offensive rebounds are killing the Spurs, if they could actually rebound then they would be up by a fair amount.

If the Spurs win it will be either Duncan or Ginobli if the Pistons win it'll be Billups, I don't see how it can't be him.

jjwr
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:05:21 PM
Mid 3rd Quarter and Duncan is coming alive, even hit 4 FT's in a row including 2 with great bounces...

CMJ
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:39:38 PM
Duncan has dominated the second half. The third quarter with his points, the 4th with his passing. This is what greatness is...seriously.

jjwr
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:44:37 AM
Duncan was huge down the stretch, the Spurs offense switched from going through the Guards to giving the ball to Duncan and let him either shoot or pass it out. Game 7 is what makes legends and Duncan came up huge and carried the Spurs.

JMK
Jun 24th, 2005, 06:45:02 AM
I was wondering when Duncan was going to show up in the game. He was practically non existant in the first half, then he came alive and basically took Pistons down by himself. It was a good game, even if it was low scoring.

Jedieb
Jun 24th, 2005, 09:19:07 PM
Players like Duncan are sometimes a victim of their own success. If anyone else had put up the kinds of numbers he did for those first 6 games they'd be getting rave reviews. Look at what happened to Billups in Game 7. I think he was 3 for 8 and only had 13pts. Could you imagine if those were Duncan's numbers? Talk radio yahoos would have been trashing him and his legacy all week. Yet I doubt Billups will take that much heat this week. He certainly won't get trashed the way Duncan would have. One of the things that I admire about Duncan's performance was that he was struggling but he kept demanding the ball. He never game up. He never crawled into a shell. How many times have you seen a guy go cold in the first quarter and then basically disappear? The Spurs were down by 9 in the 3rd. When the Spurs needed him the most, Duncan carried them. Then in the 4th he kept scoring and when the double team came, he made great passes and Ginobli and Bowen hit critical 3's. He was just amazing.

Ginobli was great in the 4th quarter as well. He had that 3, a dunk, and a driving layup with under 2 minutes that helped seal the game. Either one of those guys could have been given the MVP. And how about Horry? In the 1st half when Duncan was struggling, Horry came up with some much needed offense and the Spurs had a lead at the end of the first and were only down 1 at halftime. Without him the game could have gotten out of hand early. Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker all under 30. This team should be getting deep into the playoffs for the next few years. I just hope that even when they don't win it all they keep pummeling the Lakers.