PDA

View Full Version : your lightsaber

darth_necro
May 22nd, 2005, 11:18:20 PM
describe what your typical lightsaber would be like.

mine would be double bladed with a gold hilt and a red blade I would also wield two of them exactly alike.

Mitch
May 26th, 2005, 04:42:02 PM
Two double-ended lightsabers? Are you asking to cut your limbs off?

Heh, give me a standard one. Most useful, least dangerous to its owner.

Hart
May 26th, 2005, 10:47:44 PM
mine would be nothing fancy. Silver handle and a green blade. Maybe purple, but I'm not really sure what the color purple is supposed to signify in the SWU.

Tipp Gray
May 31st, 2005, 02:11:21 PM
I'm with Hart. It would just be a standard lightsaber, maybe lengthened just a little. Silver handle and definitely a green blade.

Zereth Lancer
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:11:23 PM
Mine would be a black handle with bits of silver metal embeded into it in somce design or something, and either a purple or red blade, standard type of course.

Tarsis
Jun 5th, 2005, 11:46:25 AM
I'd take a normal saber, but my blade would be a really dark purple, almost black color. That or maybe a really dark crimson.

XI-20-P
Jun 5th, 2005, 11:06:05 PM
I'd probably want a standard lightsaber and then a shortsaber in my off hand. Both with a orange color maybe? Cobalt looking hilts, similar to the fashion of Darth Vader's.

Baralai Lotus
Jun 16th, 2005, 01:36:18 AM
I'd be going with a gold and black hilt, like the Emperor, and I would most likely have my good old lightsaber whip. I think I could handle that. . .deadly, but a wonderful weapon. Also, the blade would be a fiery red orange.

Droo
Jun 16th, 2005, 07:41:19 AM
Lightsaber whip? :huh

Vice
Jun 16th, 2005, 02:40:45 PM
I would want a black handle and a gold double handed blade. Gold for a blade sounds cool to me.

Vice
Jun 16th, 2005, 02:40:46 PM
Ignore.

Lucianus Adair
Jun 20th, 2005, 01:41:15 AM
Obsidian black for the hilt, and pure white light like that you would get out of an LED flashlight...for the colour of the blade.

Off topic, but...---->> First character I ever played in SW had a energy absorbing and storing staff (it could release the energy in attack and defense later) and DNA locking properties...which meant it would recognize only her as its user.

Jeseth Cloak
Aug 23rd, 2005, 05:07:17 PM
Black/silver handle with a crimson blade.

And as for the staff, it sounds exactly like the staff weapon from Star Gate... Just an observation.

Dalamar DeSang
Aug 23rd, 2005, 08:00:34 PM
Dalamar does not use lightsabers. But carries two silver worked Dragon headed Katana's. His weapons of choice. They are saber resistant as is his short sword Katana made of the same material that he wears at his hip. The other to swords are carried x style on his back...

He also had a boot blade that he use's for throat cutting something he finds handy for what he is...

HanLaoTai
Sep 17th, 2005, 02:05:52 PM
I'd have a bad <smallfont color=#D7FF81>-read the FAQ, cussing is not allowed-</smallfont> red lightsaber with my name on the handle :)

Ambrose Braeden
Sep 19th, 2005, 10:24:22 AM
my saber would be a black ridged handle, with silver on the top and bottom of it. But at the top, instead of the normal flat piece, i'd have spikes that surround the hilt of the blade.

Alpha
Sep 26th, 2005, 08:32:57 PM
Mine would be a silver/titanium handle with a hand guard, and the blade would be either pure black, or a black core with a silver corona around it. and I'd wield two. :D

Saveeradeevaravaravee
Oct 9th, 2005, 06:24:25 PM
I would go with the dual-sabers style, each hilt with the blade emitter styled ala Exar Kun, with the three hook-like things surrounding the blade. The actual hilts would be black, though I would have a section in the middle that allowed you to actually view the crystals, held up via miniature repulsarlift generators for effect. I would imagine that the focusing of energy through the crystals would give them a glow, so that would look pretty cool, I guess... Of course, they would also be multiple-phase sabers, with alternate phases being at short-sword length, about that of a wakizashi, and double normal length, as well as allowing for multiple power levels on each setting... complex, I know, but still possible in the SWU. Saber colors in normal length would be variations of blue-green, one with a bit more blue and the other with a bit more green. The alternate phases would be the same way, except using orange for the short versions and purple for the long.

I put way too much thought into this stuff...

Bandage
Oct 11th, 2005, 01:42:19 AM
Personally, Bandage's primary saber would be a Dooku-styled fencing saber, with the curve at the base of it. Black and silver metal grips surround the saber. Crimson red blade, standard length and thickness. Basically, it's the same as Dooku's.
Possible parts for it using SW:KOTOR2: TSL guide:

1)Crimson Red Crystal: gives the color to the blade.

2)Ankarres Sapphire: near legendary, holds healing powers. Not yet in saber, but will most likely be found in an RP.

3)Personal Crystal: defined as the character grows.

4)Ossus Dueling Lens: fine-tunes the blade, allowing for much better precision and control. Again, rare and will be found in an RP.

5)Expert Deflection Emitter: Allows for optimized blaster bolt deflection.

6)Ultimate Diatium Energy Cell: Enhances the energy output of the lightsaber, making the blade even stronger.

And a second offhand saber is an idea in the future, though it will only be a shortened version, like Freedon Nadd's Offhand Saber in SW: KOTOR2: TSL. The handle color will also match the Dooku Styled Saber, but the blade color will be blue, instead of the yellow of Nadd's saber. Possible parts for it using SW:KOTOR2: TSL guide:

1)Sapphire Blue Color Crystal: gives the blade its color.

2)Barab Ore Ingot: When put into a lightsaber, it modifies the blade to burn, almost to the point of the loss of cohesion of the blade.

3)Opila Crystal: Produces an intense beam that cuts quickly.

4)Pure Kunda Lens: Produces a broader yet focused beam, increasing the likelihood of blaster bolt deflection.

5)Expert Fencing Emitter: Makes the blade more suitable for parrying hand to hand attacks.

6)Superior Discharge Energy Cell: Modifies the energy output, intensifying the blade itself.

And if I'm not mistaken, most sabers ARE multiple phase sabers. In the cutouts in the movie prop books, both Vader's and Luke's sabers had knobs for blade length adjustment. But, yes, the plasteel casing to see the focusing, personal, and color crystals in function would be kickin'.

Wyl Staedtler
Oct 11th, 2005, 12:41:51 PM
Blue. With a handle.

Starfreakaa23
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:57:30 PM
I would go with a curved double bladed handle. Silver blades. Difficult to weild. Yes. Impossible. No.

Starfreakaa23
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:58:17 PM
ignore

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:58:46 PM
Originally posted by Wyl Staedtler
Blue. With a handle.

I prefer my lightsabers to have handles as well! :eek We have so much in common it is EERIE!

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 22nd, 2005, 04:15:44 AM
Mine doesn't have a handle either. It shoots straight out of my eyes, in all the colours of the rainbow.

Victor Crestmere
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:17:52 AM
If Victor were to ever use a sabre, which he wont, but still, it'd have to be Dooku styled with a black and white hilt and a white blade.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 26th, 2005, 02:04:29 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Mine doesn't have a handle either. It shoots straight out of my eyes, in all the colours of the rainbow.
that is like totally sweet dude!

Djinn S'jet
Nov 10th, 2005, 03:08:54 AM
- 7 inch handle, dull steel color with black rubberised grip pads.
- Main blade 36 inch length, 1 inch diameter; green in color.
- Rear blade 6 inch length, half-inch diameter; also green in colour.

Two seperate blades without any self-interference. Can be used 1 or 2 handed with general single-saber skills but with the added dimension of a rear-blade.
An idea borrowed from medeval swords (a spike or short blade attached to the pommel).

MMmmmmm......

Mitch
Nov 10th, 2005, 08:18:06 PM
Saber-chucks!

Screw double-ended, these things have a CHAIN between them! A frikkin' CHAIN!

Death and destruction! Yee-haw!

Wyl Staedtler
Nov 12th, 2005, 01:59:23 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I prefer my lightsabers to have handles as well! :eek We have so much in common it is EERIE!

We're probably long-lost siblings or something. ;)

Atreyu
Nov 12th, 2005, 10:47:54 PM
Just a good old fashioned single blue lightsaber.

Without a handle - I just use the Force. :)

Pierce Tondry
Nov 13th, 2005, 08:27:40 PM
A rather simple silver-black handle, with a green blade. Akin to Luke Skywalker's weapon in RotJ, but perhaps with a bit of curvature to the hilt for leverage.

Bloodcrest
Nov 21st, 2005, 04:08:53 PM
Mine would have a gold hilt made from molecularly bonded metal. The blade would be black and shorter than average. There would be a focus manipulator and the crystals would be some specially attuned to my force sig.

thx-1138stormfett
Mar 22nd, 2006, 08:25:26 PM
Green with an obi wan style handle i guess.That was always my favorite type handle!Oh yeah and whats this about a lightsaber whip?

Solidus
Mar 29th, 2006, 11:44:56 AM
Two elegant metallic silver handles, both engraved with dragon designs. And silver blades out of both. And if need be, the ends of the handles could lcok together to become a double-bladed lightsaber.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 29th, 2006, 12:22:34 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
Just a good old fashioned single blue lightsaber.

Without a handle - I just use the Force. :)

:mischief the blade just comes out of your hand then?

Solidus
Mar 29th, 2006, 02:37:59 PM
And cut through your own hand. Good luck on that one. You'd need to put a shield on your hand.

NightmareHunter
Apr 4th, 2006, 12:50:43 PM
I would want a double ended saber, but one with a handle as tall as myself, about an inch wide and made of the heat-condensing, self-healing metal discussed in Shatterpoint and NJO so that a light-saber could not cut it. At each end would be a black blade. I would also carry 2 super-compact blades that I could hide easily. These too would have black blades.

NightmareHunter
Apr 4th, 2006, 12:51:19 PM
Originally posted by NightmareHunter
I would want a double ended saber, but onwe with a handle as tall as myself, about an inch wide and made of the heat-condensing, self-healing metal discussed in Shatterpoint and NJO so that a light-saber could not cut it. At each end would be a black blade. I would also carry 2 super-compact blades that I could hide easily. These too would have black blades.

NightmareHunter
Apr 4th, 2006, 01:00:18 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
:mischief the blade just comes out of your hand then?

A lightsaber blade isn't produced by the force, so that's impossible. You could have lightsaber implants like Lord Nyax, though.

NightmareHunter
Apr 4th, 2006, 01:01:50 PM
Originally posted by Solidus
Two elegant metallic silver handles, both engraved with dragon designs. And silver blades out of both. And if need be, the ends of the handles could lcok together to become a double-bladed lightsaber.

Nice!

NightmareHunter
Apr 4th, 2006, 01:03:31 PM
Originally posted by thx-1138stormfett
Green with an obi wan style handle i guess.That was always my favorite type handle!Oh yeah and whats this about a lightsaber whip?

IT's not an actual light saber, it's a wire-like filament that puts off electrical energy that a lightsaber can't cut. It was discussed in the Obi-Wan book series.

Droo
Apr 4th, 2006, 04:02:58 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic

I loled. :)

Jaime Tomahawk
Apr 4th, 2006, 08:06:35 PM
Well my sabre comes out my butt and floats around like a disembodied head

Mitch
Apr 5th, 2006, 02:17:43 AM
I want a totally impractical, yet very fancy and Japan-influenced lightsaber that is at once technologically advanced, yet ancient so that it could have been passed down through my family and have been used to kill vampires and werewolves, but can cure the sick and raise the dead. IT also needs to have a huge exhaust pipe, a body kit, and a massive spoiler so that it goes really fast, and it should also be black so that it looks all cool and gothic, even though it's really a weapon of light and goodness but it posesses the soul of a demon and one of an angel too making it holy and evil at the same time and able to fight both. It also has a blade that can either curve or be straight or become a tennis racket in case I need to fight the Williams sisters. It also will be telescoping because that way I can fit it in my pocket, but it's also long enough to use like a staff because why would I want to worry about learning one comprehensive style rahter than having it be like a swiss-army knife ? I mean, features make it better, right? Oh, and the blade can be any color, and it's got NOS so it goes really fast.

thx-1138stormfett
Apr 5th, 2006, 09:01:33 AM
:lol Wow this forum took a wrong turn a long time ago....O_o

thx-1138stormfett
Apr 5th, 2006, 09:02:50 AM
IT's not an actual light saber, it's a wire-like filament that puts off electrical energy that a lightsaber can't cut. It was discussed in the Obi-Wan book series.

Oh thanks for explaning that i was quite confused

Solidus
Apr 7th, 2006, 02:58:48 PM
Nice!

Thank you. And it could be possible to power a blade with the Force, such as in the Cyrstal Star.

Jaime Tomahawk
Apr 7th, 2006, 03:35:10 PM
Originally posted by Solidus
Thank you. And it could be possible to power a blade with the Force, such as in the Cyrstal Star.

No it is not. Ignore the garbage in the EU, the writers, especailly of THAT book are tools.

Sean Piett
Apr 11th, 2006, 10:42:37 PM
oh man these are some wicked awesome sabers

mine looks like a naked dame :hat

Jaime Tomahawk
Apr 12th, 2006, 06:58:15 AM
Originally posted by Sean Piett
oh man these are some wicked awesome sabers

mine looks like a naked dame :hat

And exactly what do you press to make the blade emerge? And I shudder to think where it comes from

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 12th, 2006, 12:18:53 PM
Originally posted by Jaime Tomahawk
I shudder to think where it comes from

Shudder... with DELIGHT