PDA

View Full Version : Make sure you all read...

Dasquian Belargic
May 22nd, 2005, 03:19:40 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38319

Your input is needed.

Also, feel free to use this thread to discuss the implications a boardwide change would have for TSO.

AmazonBabe
May 23rd, 2005, 10:41:51 AM
In all honesty, I feel like this idea is being forced upon us.

I've already stated my displeasure of this idea, but I feel I've been ignored.

But I assure you, if this idea does go forward, I will not let TSO fall. I am still quite adament about moving TSO to Korriban, and leaving a finger-hold in Corellia to ensure we have adequate ears within the Core.

----------

Well, despite my grumblings, I know I won't win, so i might as well make the best of it...

Ok, here's my take on what will happen...

We can still have TSO on Korriban, and plant a finger in Corellia. With Palpy dead, the Jedi scattered, and the Rebellion in chaos, we can essentially start to spread.

The Empire up until Palpy and Vader's death had been used to being under Sith rule, and we could come to them with the proposal to help them quel the Rebellion to bring back peace.

We could say we were a small group kept secret from the outside by Palpy in case something happened to him and Vader. We would essentially have his blessing to come out and cleane whatever mess was left behind due to the passing of the two Sith Lords.

Thoughts?

(BTW, with this staging in Korriban, I was going to follow through with my original idea of revamping TSO. I have a list of different forum names and the like we would utilize.

Jen - would you still happen to have the font you used for the forum names as they appear now? If you do, could you email em to me?)

Dasquian Belargic
May 23rd, 2005, 12:36:22 PM
Whatever we decide to do, I think we need to address the fact that we're moving towards a "rule of two" (Master and Apprentice) approach to the Sith. Of course there are going to be numerous Sith, but I think we're pushing towards keeping the pairs seperate from one another.

The font I used was: http://fonts.goldenweb.it/pan_file/l/en/font2/Carmilla_Demo.ttf/d2/True_Type_Fonts/c/c/default.html :)

AmazonBabe
May 23rd, 2005, 02:32:55 PM
Thanks for the font. :)

As for the rule of two, I'm not following that rule.

As it is, I have no second to me, and it'd be awefully lonely just RPing by myself. Besides the fact I won't be giving up TSO.

If we start making rules and forcing ppl to do what they don't want to do, where's the fun in writing STORIES then? If we go down this path it will destroy SWF. And as far as I can tell, that's what we're trying to avoid.

*shakes head*

Live Wire left precisely for the reason she was not keen on the peer pressuring that was occuring here. I don't want t go anywhere, but if I feel I am being oppressed, then the Master may very well have to follow in the steps of the Apprentice.

(Gawd, I think I just killed something within me by stating that. :cry )

Dasquian Belargic
May 23rd, 2005, 02:43:38 PM
The only thing it would be necessary to change would be the groups name, and switch over from calling yourself a Sith to a Dark Jedi.

An idea Hollie came up with for what to do with the KA board was to convert it into a cult following Freedon Nadd (or whatever he's called). TSO could essentially become something like that... Dark Jedi following the teachings of the old Masters.

AmazonBabe
May 23rd, 2005, 03:17:40 PM
I will NEVER make LV a Dark Jedi. The thought of it revolts me.

I'm sorry, but just because everyone else wants to change their names or their ways doesn't mean I have to. I refuse to follow the lemmings to their deaths over the cliffs edge.

AmazonBabe
May 23rd, 2005, 05:58:11 PM
Doh! Jen! I also need the font for the categories (i.e. Corellia, Off World, etc) :)

Dasquian Belargic
May 24th, 2005, 04:24:12 AM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
I will NEVER make LV a Dark Jedi. The thought of it revolts me

I think you are being a little bit melodramatic about this :\

Doh! Jen! I also need the font for the categories (i.e. Corellia, Off World, etc) :)

http://fonts.goldenweb.it/pan_file/l/en/font2/Roughwork_Demo.ttf/d2/True_Type_Fonts/c/r/default.html

AmazonBabe
May 24th, 2005, 10:11:28 AM
Hellooooooo cutie!!! *drool*

Ok, so in the story arcs, can AB marry Dasquian and do nasty things to him? ;) (He suddenly REALLY looks like Will O_o ) Speaking of which... will they still be brothers?

I think you are being a little bit melodramatic about this :\

Perhaps, but it's mostly because of the way I have created the character. I cannot see her as anything, and never will. I've hewn her from a part of my soul to be a specific thing. If I want a Dark Jedi, then I will merely create another character. It's just the way I operate when writing and developing characters.

And thanks again for the other font. :)

Lady Vader
May 24th, 2005, 11:36:32 AM
Well, I decided to go ahead and give in to the inevitable.

Now I just have to figure out where my characters fit into the grand scheme of things. :x

Dasquian Belargic
May 24th, 2005, 03:00:46 PM
Hellooooooo cutie!!! *drool*

Ok, so in the story arcs, can AB marry Dasquian and do nasty things to him? ;) (He suddenly REALLY looks like Will O_o ) Speaking of which... will they still be brothers?

I am pushing Aaron into being a part of Dasquian's background, an NPC, rather than an active character, so I guess I will do the same with Will if that's alright with you? I don't know exactly what his history, etc is going to be like yet... still need to iron it all out in my head.

Originally posted by Lady Vader

Now I just have to figure out where my characters fit into the grand scheme of things. :x

yay! now the fun begins!

Dasquian Belargic
May 24th, 2005, 03:01:19 PM
Also, if any of the rest of you are reading this and have concerns, PLEASE speak up about them. Don't just brood in silence.

Adraudia Basillie
May 24th, 2005, 03:38:33 PM

hey.. I kinda felt that way at first but I knew change was important. After thinking it over for several days, maybe it was a week or more after letting the new idea for the board settle, it came to me.

:hug

Lady Vader
May 24th, 2005, 04:28:37 PM
Well, Jen, I was kinda hoping NOT to put Will on the back burner. I was having too much fun with him being a pirate and all.

Heck, I may continue to RP him as is actually. But I'm still debating about that. :p

Dale... I wish I could say that I accepted willingly, but my acceptance was more out of apathy. I got to the point where I went from standing by what I believed in to just not caring anymore. Hence my reluctancy to join the rest of the lemmings.

But I realized that the only way to survive was to continue to stand even if it meant going along with something I didn't wholey agree with. But by standing, I ensure I can keep going and I know that someday I will have my day.

Besides, I wasn't going to quit and relieve ppl of my different points of view. I'm too stubborn and proud for that. :)

Lorani T'sava
May 24th, 2005, 05:11:36 PM
You may be to stubborn and proud for that, but I'm not. I completely and totally disagree with the whole reset thing. I like my characters the way they are, and I like the board the way it is. Also I feel like when I stated my opposition to the reset thing, I got completely ignored or felt like I was being insulted because I don't want the reset.

Since I've been having some issues with certain ppl here for quite some time now, (To the point where I'm unhappy and not willing to have completely open RPs just so I don't have to RP with them) I'm going to be removing myself at least from the RP aspects of SWFans. Over the months I've found other boards that I'm having way more fun at in the RP sense, I'm going to be going there for my RP enjoyment. If you want to remove me from the character roster for TSO and remove my access to this forum, by all means go for it.

Adraudia Basillie
May 24th, 2005, 05:26:12 PM
Also I feel like when I stated my opposition to the reset thing, I got completely ignored or felt like I was being insulted because I don't want the reset.

o-O since I dont know who else you play...not sure when that happened, tho I have an idea. I am sorry. I realize some people like how things are but the problem is alot of people dont. so either way someone isnt going to be happy =\ that part sucks. unfortunately splitting the forums isnt going to help since it stretches what little we do have

kinda vote for bush or kerry.. ya can't have both :lol course who would @_@

i know the board isnt going to stay the same but you can keep your character the same.. just have to try and fit it in. But if you're outright opposed to it, then well, that won't happen. As I said, I really didnt like the idea either but I'd rather post with my friends and try to keep the community going then outright leaving, like I was thinking about before the talk of the reset.

anyway... LV - I know you didn't but at least you did.. tho not the ideal way :( but I am glad you did :hug

ps- um .. can ya not use my real name =P I dont care if ya call me Dale or something :lol not hiding who I am.

Lady Vader
May 24th, 2005, 05:32:23 PM
Sowwy!!!! :eek

Lorani... if you want, I can remove your name from the roster as you requested.

Also, could you PM me these RP forums you've found? I wanna check them out. :)

Lorani T'sava
May 24th, 2005, 05:40:47 PM
If you want to remove me from the roster by all means. I'm not going to be RPing here anymore.

As for not RPing with my friends, for the most part, I can RP with them at other boards that I'm at.

Dasquian Belargic
May 25th, 2005, 02:33:40 AM
Well, Jen, I was kinda hoping NOT to put Will on the back burner. I was having too much fun with him being a pirate and all.

Heck, I may continue to RP him as is actually. But I'm still debating about that. :p

Uh, well if you do, could you change his name from Belargic and not use Orlando Bloom, please? :|

Rasha Vill
May 25th, 2005, 04:57:45 AM
As people may have seen already with my post in the thread in the OOC forum, I feal that this is the last thing Fans needs to do.

As people may remember back to when Rivin first came to fans, how I fought to keep him the way I built him. I don't like being forced into anything, and if people try I ether beat the matter with a stick till I win, or I go where the problem is not.

I know I can't win this so inorder to keep the integrity Of my characters I have no choice but to go else where.

I will still be RPing elsewhere if people want to talk or RP with me.

http://p210.ezboard.com/baramir
http://rpg.sharnyl.net/
http://s8.invisionfree.com/Daemun_Galaxy/index.php

Those will likely be where I will be spending most of my RP time.

Lady Vader
May 25th, 2005, 09:57:48 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Uh, well if you do, could you change his name from Belargic and not use Orlando Bloom, please? :|

Oh. Well, then I guess I won't RP him then.

You can use him as a background like you'll do with Aaron.

Je'gan Olra'en
May 25th, 2005, 01:21:47 PM
*blink*

*blink again*

This is a truly gorgeous mess.

I'm not taking part in the whole mess. It's kinda what I do, like I said in the staff forum: I just sit it out and deal with it afterwards. At this point in time I'm a mod on two other boards and an admin on a third. I don't have time to worry about this whole mess. I'll have my fun where I can...

Lady Vader
May 25th, 2005, 01:37:01 PM
Well, keep in touch, Je'gan. Good RPers are hard to come by nowadays.

Chances are I may be moving off the board, but I'm gonna stick around a bit to see how the dust settles. When I have a clearer picture of what the situation looks like, then I'll make my decision as to what my fate will be.

Je'gan Olra'en
May 25th, 2005, 01:42:30 PM
Can you just see how distracted by all this I am? Look how many times I used the word 'mess', for crying out loud!

Vega Van-Derveld
May 25th, 2005, 01:51:52 PM
Could you clarify exactly what you think is a mess / why? I'm genuinely confused.

Lady Vader
May 25th, 2005, 02:06:29 PM
Je'gan... breathe. It's ok.

HA! Lookit me! Telling someone else to chill, when only a couple of days ago, I was practically going nuclear!

Ya know... I think I've finally had a mental breakdown or something! :x

Je'gan Olra'en
May 25th, 2005, 05:10:19 PM
I see a ton of posts, a ton of threads, arguments, people leaving...that's what I'd define as a mess, or at least a lot of reading for yours truly.

Sasha Kovalev
May 26th, 2005, 07:58:54 AM
You know, I am involved in another board that does things that way - only there is a continuation. You have one year with a certain plot going on and then a new year with a new plot. But the plots run into one another and make a continuum. Your character continues from year to year, but there is just a bit more structure around when things occur.

The format actually seems to work well. I do have concerns about the fact that your char will change from year to year. For example, I rp having XXX character as my enemy during one year. The next year XXX is something different and I have to forget that part of my characters history existed, which seems a bit weird to me. I mean, I guess you just need to accept that each 'season' is a different one and go from there.

But I kind of like the history. Afterall, Ive had Sasha for a few years now and have worked hard to create a real story for him. With the new format that somewhat goes out the window. Im fine with it, I'll deal, but I think having had him for some time has really alllowed me to develop him. And I wonder if some people might struggle in having realistic characters if they have a different role each year with them.

Then again, it makes for a nice challenge and a way to improve on character development and writing skills.

Either way, I will be around. Sasha will be a Sith and an active one, at that. :)

Lady Vader
May 26th, 2005, 10:56:36 AM
*clings to Sasha*

JOIN ME! (Or i'll make you cut off the other hand.)

:p

Sasha Kovalev
May 26th, 2005, 10:58:38 AM
*laughs* LV, you should know by now that I'd follow you to the end of the galaxy and back or beyond or whatever it takes to keep the other hand. ;)

Lady Vader
May 26th, 2005, 11:07:54 AM
So it is written, so it shall be.

I believe you are a Sith Knight, but that does not mean you can not follow me around as my apprentice (so to speak). We can be a pair. :)

Basically, I'm looking to keep TSO as a small group as stated in my LV profile in the Character Discussion in the OOC forum. What we will do is fan out as pairs to be rid of those that oppose us, but have a home base.

Sasha Kovalev
May 26th, 2005, 01:54:36 PM
I'd be more than willing to be a part of a pair with you. The way I've developed Sasha's character fits perfectly into following LV around. :)

This whole thing might actually turn out to be *gasp* fun.

Lady Vader
May 26th, 2005, 06:38:37 PM
:lol

Yeah, it just *gasp* might. :)