PDA

View Full Version : Application

Tarsis
May 22nd, 2005, 10:45:38 AM
Character name: Tarsis

Character Profile: Tarsis has long black hair that is usually tattered from poor upkeep. His massive size and stern appearance has earned him a frightful presence. Tarsis's demeanor is very simple, he doesn’t like to beat around the bush and doesn’t like to have his time wasted. Straight forward and direct is how he likes to be and will tell you if he doesn't like you. He loves the fact that most people fear him and will not hesitate to use that against them. He does what he has to do, to get what he wants; whether it be lying to someone or killing them, it’s all the same to him.

Character History: Born on Nar Shadda, Tarsis was raised almost like every other child. He had a mother, a father, brother, and a sister. His mother was the kindest person to him and the one he looked up to the most growing up. His father, Folken Ives, wasn’t his favorite person to be around, but he always had great stories to tell about some distant planet, fights he had seen, and things he had learned, which he usually taught to his children. His brother was like any other older brother, constantly picking on young Tarsis and getting him into trouble. His sister on the other hand, was usually kind to young Tarsis; treating him with kindness while occasionally joining her brother with an assault on Tarsis.

His father was, what he called, “hired help”. He never fully explained to Tarsis what that meant, but that’s what he called himself when Tarsis or his siblings were around. Whenever Folken would leave, Tarsis would have to watch his mother cry for hours upon hours, stopping and going all day. Tarsis hated that! He hated his father for doing that to his mother and on the one day that he told his father that, Folken smiled at Tarsis and then, lifting his massive hand into the air, brought it down across Tarsis’s face. He yelled at Tarsis, telling him to stay out of things he didn’t understand, that he would understand when he was older. But the beatings didn’t stop there. A month later, Tarsis’s mother died. He heard the doctor say it was an “accident”, but Tarsis knew what had happened. A few days earlier, he had heard his mother and father arguing about what his father did for a living, and that’s when Tarsis found out his father was a Bounty Hunter, a rather decent one at that. The fight went on for hours, both of them believing the children to be outside, and they were, except for Tarsis. Towards the arguments end, Tarsis heard his father tell his mother that he’d kill her if she said anything, and by the looks of it, she had.

Tarsis was 12 at the time of his mother’s death. Now 20, he had learned everything possible from his father while also getting his power suit and his two-handed Vibrosword from his as well. Over the eight years since his mother’s death, Tarsis had changed. He became more violent with his brother and his sister, he even fought with his father on several occasions. He would beat up kids for information, even if it was on something stupid and pointless, he didn’t care as long as he got what he wanted. And then that faithful day came when, that day that Tarsis put his past behind him and used all his hatred for his family to drive his sword through his father’s heart and murder his brother and sister. His families jealousy of Tarsis is what invoked their attack on him that day and how ironic it was to see it be their death as well.

Having no reason to stay on Nar Shadda, Tarsis set out to find a means to become stronger. What else was he good at? His intelligence wasn’t the greatest, but it was ok, he didn’t have any business skills, and he didn’t know anyone that could teach him anything else besides what he already knew. One day, while in a local bar, Tarsis heard rumors about the Sith. This was a word he heard his father talk often about. Saying that they “were not people to be messed with,” and that they were “enemies of the Jedi”. After inquiring more information about the group, Tarsis learned that, with their help, his power would know no bounds. That he could become as strong as he had ever dreamed. So from that day forth he found himself searching for the Sith, hoping to be accepted into their ranks and finally earning the strength that he so desired.

Character Motivations: Tarsis needs the skills of the Sith to become stronger! He knows, from the stories he’s heard as a child and from his father, the Sith are not ones to be messed with. They are skill warriors and will stop at nothing to get what they want, and Tarsis is the same way. He yearns for power and to improve upon his skills while learning new ones, and he knows that the Sith are the ones who can help him.

Character Skills: Tarsis is skilled in the basic forms of combat with a two-handed Vibrosword, as well as, a few hand to hand combat styles. He also has trained in a power suit for the majority of his teenage years that was that was also given to him by his father. An advantage to training in such a heavy suit is that when he removes it, for whatever reason, his movement and reflexes are faster then that of the average person.

Why should we accept you: Tarsis, while he doesn’t say much, is loyal to the ones he serves. His strengths and skills, are at the complete disposal of the Sith. The idea of becoming stronger and furthering his skills is what keeps Tarsis going. He could only learn so much from his Father and Tarsis knows that with the Sith’s help, his power could know no bounds and he would gladly use that power to assist the Sith with whatever way that may be asked of him.

Roleplaying example: http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38238 Sorry, I’ve been waiting on the other person to post for awhile now. I don’t know when he’ll post, so I hope this will do.

Do you understand that your application can be rejected: Yes

Have you read the rules?: Yes, I have

Southstar
May 22nd, 2005, 04:17:12 PM
Sounds reasonable to me. I say yes.

Zereth Lancer
May 22nd, 2005, 09:33:47 PM
Yes

Tarsis
May 26th, 2005, 11:25:40 PM
Awesome, three more! ^_^

Tarsis
May 29th, 2005, 04:38:50 PM
*looks around* ...Anyone body home? *echos* XP

Je'gan Olra'en
May 31st, 2005, 08:15:42 PM
...been slacking...

Yes.

Tarsis
Jun 1st, 2005, 12:17:22 AM
Not a problem. 2 more to go ^_^

Sasha Kovalev
Jun 1st, 2005, 07:05:16 AM
Im waiting on an answer to a question of mine. I was gone when the new recruiting format was put in place and dont know if its only the votes of elders that are counted or all members of the order. If my vote counts, its a YES. I'll edit this when I have an answer. Or someone else who has the answer can respond below, I suppose.

Tarsis
Jun 1st, 2005, 07:43:44 AM
I believe it's only the Elders who vote. Thanks for the "YES" though ^_^;

Je'gan Olra'en
Jun 1st, 2005, 04:10:27 PM
Anyone with a Knight account can vote. Sasha's a very experienced Knight.

Tarsis
Jun 1st, 2005, 07:59:55 PM
Oh, alright. Sorry about that Sasha ^_^;

Sasha Kovalev
Jun 2nd, 2005, 07:20:03 AM
No worries. Thanks Je'gan for clearing it up. So yeah, my vote of YES counts and you only need one more.

Tarsis
Jun 2nd, 2005, 10:04:00 AM
Awesome!

Tarsis
Jun 4th, 2005, 09:48:10 AM
ALLLLLLLL by myseeelf! Don't want to be, ALLLLLLLL by myyseeeelf! XP

Tarsis
Jun 5th, 2005, 12:37:14 AM
Whose left? LV?

Lady Vader
Jun 7th, 2005, 10:45:41 AM
To echo Je'Gan... I've been slacking too ^_^;

Yes

And that being the last vote... Welcome to the Sith Order.

You are now free to RP in the Palace as well as join in open RPs in the RP forum.

I'll add you to the private Sith forum access shortly.

Tarsis
Jun 7th, 2005, 11:08:58 AM
Awesome! Thanks LV ^_^