PDA

View Full Version : Concerning The Database banner...

Lady Vader
May 16th, 2005, 10:26:16 AM
Well, it would apea that sticking a banner up in a forum is not as easy as one would think with vBulletin.

I brought this thread (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38321) to Ogre's attention through a PM. With his permission, here was his reply:

I already have 10 template sets for TSO's current styles. I wish changing forum banners didn't require entire template sets, but they do. I am having a hard time thinking that adding an eleventh template set for TSO so you can use this banner is all that efficient. TSO has, by far the most template sets of any group here already.

My response:

Oh, didn't realize it was such a problem. I guess it's no big deal if it can't be put up.

Would removing a forum help?

His answer:

If you remove a forum that already has its own custom banner I could use the template set for it for the new banner/other forum.

So, the question now stands... do we really want to use the new banner for the Database? Or can we do with the default one?

OR... can we possibly remove one of the banners from one of the other forums to give Ogre the ffreedom of using that template for the new banner?

I still don't quite understand the template thing, but that's why I don't run the coding for the board. Too bad it's not as easy as EZBoard (the bane that it is) in sticking in banners. :\

Anyways... feedback?

(I'll repost the banner here for easy viewing.)

Dasquian Belargic
May 16th, 2005, 11:07:28 AM
I don't mind not having a custom banners for the databank forum. Less work for big green.

Lady Vader
May 16th, 2005, 07:39:39 PM
Yeah, you're right.

*sniff* All that work I put into the banner. :(

Oh well... such is life. :)