PDA

View Full Version : NFL News

Jedi Master Carr
May 10th, 2005, 11:30:18 AM
I figure I start a new thread. First want to bring up this Kevin Winslow thing. What a moron he could be finished with doing that stupid stunt. Also not sure if it is funny to do this but I found this on another site, I just found it hilarious. :evil
http://www.bangcartoon.com/easyrider.htm

JMK
May 10th, 2005, 11:47:36 AM
Kellen Winslow has got to be one of the biggest idiots in sports history. He missed most, if not all of last season (his rookie season I believe) with a terrible injury. What would any other regular athlete do? Work hard, stay out of trouble, make sure you're 110% ready to go. Basically he had to start over.

Not this guy. I guess it's still more important for him to blow his signing bonus money and ride around on motorcycles...which were probably forbidden by contract to him. :rolleyes

Jedi Master Carr
May 10th, 2005, 12:01:27 PM
It is, it says so specifically in his contract. From what I read the Browns could make him pay that money back and let him go and not owe him a dime. I think they will wait to see how bad the injury is though. If he is done for this season and his future is in doubt, I think the Browns will cut him.

jjwr
May 10th, 2005, 12:43:32 PM
Very stupid kid, he has all the talent in the world and was looking like he was going to be a stud TE and he gets injured rookie year and now this. His career stats are 5 receptions - 50 Yards. Wow! Not quite living up to Pops are we?

The only thing he has going for him is his age, he's young enough where he can still rebound and have a nice long career. Apparently the Browns can pull back roughly 10 Million from him but if they do it will pretty much kill any chance of him playing for them down the line.

JMK
May 10th, 2005, 12:45:42 PM
Well the Browns have Romeo Crennel running the show now we can expect the brain dead decisions to stop in Cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they cut him loose.
We hear Winslow now saying that he will be back on the field this season for sure...what else is he going to say? I'm done, I can't play anymore? I don't think so...

jjwr
May 10th, 2005, 02:36:30 PM
Yup, I don't see how they can count on him now. It really sucks it happened after the draft too, while they still got the stud WR in Round 1 they may have gone after a TE high in Round 2 to help out Edwards.

Yog
May 10th, 2005, 02:41:14 PM
Hilarious video :D

On a more serious note, I think there is a rather sad aspect of all this. No matter how nonchalant or irresponsible behavior, players like these in professional sports make millions dollars just signing up for a team. Then they go on acting stupid and get fined or whatever, which is more like a light slap on the hand.

Jedieb
May 10th, 2005, 06:23:26 PM
That video was freakin' hilarious. Winslow deserves the ridicule he's getting now. I think the Brown's should cut him and get the signing bonus back. Let 'Solja Boy' get by on the few million his next contract will no doubt provide him. Idiot.

Jedi Master Carr
May 10th, 2005, 11:03:04 PM
Yeah it was funny also funnier if you knew anything about the two agents you saw talking. Those guys are the Posten Brothers, they are the worst agents in the NFL. A they ask ridiculous prices for their clients and B usually ruin their clients in the process. Half of them have fired them because of their total incompetience.

Jedieb
May 23rd, 2005, 08:45:03 PM
Dolphins fans rejoice, Ricky wants to come back!!!!! Now, illigitimate children all over South Florida will get to a have a special hemp Christmas!

jjwr
May 24th, 2005, 06:10:06 AM
LOL

He'll obviously be trade bait if he comes back. I saw they also signed Keith Traylor, not a bad pick up, he played well for the Pats last year but they are going with younger players so he was expendable.

JMK
May 24th, 2005, 10:06:38 AM
I still see no point in bringing Williams back. He's just too much of a risk, despite his potential to be a HOF running back. What if he fails another weed test? What if he decides to bolt again?

This whole thing stinks of "I don't want to repay the 8.6 million so I'd better go and play." When he left he said his passion for ball is gone and was never that great anyway. Then came word that he was going to have to repay all that money...now all of a sudden his passion is back? Meesa no think so.

If he comes back, he's trade bait...but what will he fetch? I can't believe someone would give up even a 3rd rounder for him. But I guess anything is better than nothing, just make DAMN sure you trade him to the NFC.

jjwr
May 24th, 2005, 10:08:05 AM
At this point a 3rd rounder would be great for a rebuilding team but I don't know if they would get that. Considering Henry, Edge and Shawn Alexander were all on the block with no serious takers it makes you wonder if they would get any nibbles lower than a 5th round pick.

Jedi Master Carr
May 25th, 2005, 05:28:23 PM
Trade him to the 49ers or the Cardinals they make the most sense. Although, I am not sure what they could get considering Williams was close to 300 pounds as of the NFL Draft.

jjwr
May 26th, 2005, 04:58:33 AM
300lbs? Where did you hear that? Last I heard he was way off on his weight but in the other direction, 195lbs so he was a lot lighter than he used to be.

JMK
May 26th, 2005, 06:35:54 AM
Well it probably came from a source who assumed that anyone who smoked weed was constantly eating cheetos and burritos and ballooned to 300 pounds.

Jedi Master Carr
May 26th, 2005, 07:17:35 AM
They said on ESPN he was rumored to have weighed like 275, that was a little before the NFL draft.

JMK
May 26th, 2005, 07:37:50 AM
I think that rumor is off. He wasn't really working out and he was all over Yoga. I'm sure he dropped a lot of weight during his 'retirement'.

Jedi Master Carr
May 26th, 2005, 06:40:10 PM
I don't know I remember it was John Clayton who said it, sure he could have lost some of that weight and may be down to 230 but I bet he is still out of shape.

Jedi Master Carr
May 26th, 2005, 07:49:52 PM
Also I forgot to bring this up, I saw that Jerry Rice signed with the Broncos. Why doesn't he just retire. Man he is hanging on and he has nothing left that is just pathetic.

JMK
May 27th, 2005, 08:42:24 AM
To be honest I don't have a problem with him playing as long he wants. He's not the Jerry Rice from the late 80's and early 90's but as long as he's comfortable being a #3 or 4 option and being a role model for today's punk brat receivers then I think there's a place for him. The NFL will be a lesser place when he's not a part of the game anymore.

Besides, what he does on the field this year, or for the past 4 or 5 years for that matter does not diminish what he's accomplished in his career whatsoever. He's still the greatest receiver of all time and that's not going to change because he's still playing today.

jjwr
May 27th, 2005, 09:20:49 AM
Thing is he'll have a mediocre year, 35-40 receptions maybe, 350-400yds, a few TD's tossed in but you consider how old he is and that there are tons of young guys, even top rookies who won't be able to do that.

Ryan Pode
May 27th, 2005, 10:06:15 PM
30-40 catches, 300-400 yards, and a few TDs would make him a #1 receiver for Baltimore last year. No single receiver had 30 catches, 400 yards, and more than one TD.

Jedieb
May 28th, 2005, 08:05:29 AM
My only problem with Rice still playing is that at times it looks just plain sad. Take that last playoff game with Seattle. Before the game Rice had an interview in which he said one of the reasons he's still playing is because he's still "fast." Earlier this week he said he's still at about 80% of his prime. He's kidding himself. Seattle's receivers were dropping passes left and right in that playoff game. Where was Rice? If he couldn't make an impact on a ball dropping Seattle corps, then what's he going to do in Denver except just hang on? Numbers matter to him. I hope he gets at least 3 receiving TD's this season so he can get to 200. I think that's one of the reasons he keeps hanging on.

Yog
May 28th, 2005, 09:04:33 AM
I have trouble seeing Rice making a major impact in Denver. They rely more on running game. On the other hand, I doubt this season can be worse than last year was.

Ryan Pode
Jun 20th, 2005, 04:28:43 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/andrew_perloff/06/17/t.o.wonderful.life/index.html

It's worth a few chuckles.