PDA

View Full Version : Leylines (open)

Anbira Hicchoru
May 8th, 2005, 06:13:26 PM
Anbira Hicchoru, Master of the Jedi Order, often felt that he knew so very little about the Force. Perhaps as one grew wiser, one also became innately aware of exactly how unwise one was.

It was this sense of humility that brought Anbira to one of the many meditation chambers that overlooked Coruscant. There were other Jedi already seated on the floor, isolated unto themselves. Anbira himself made little sound, and settled onto a pre-arranged mat that faced a wide window.

His eyes closed. The world around him grew smaller. He moved beyond the here and now, and to where he had come from; where he was going. The pathways he crossed were the lives of everyone around him. The Jedi in the room, the citizens on the streets below. Everyone he loved. Everyone he fought. Everything was woven together in a fantastic tapestry, and it only took patience and dedication to read the infinite weave.

Anbira's concentration wavered. It was all so immense, and threatened to overwhelm his senses. He retreated back to the here and now, and the tapestry faded from his sight.

Torn Dlo
May 8th, 2005, 09:56:22 PM
Though he was still fairly new to the GJO, Torn did know the difference between a Padawan and a more skilled Jedi reaching out to the Force, but save for his Master, this was one of the strongest aura's he had felt.

The young Kel Dor, only sitting a very few feet away, was almost knocked to his back as he had opened himself to the Force, only a few moments before. He looked up through his googles and noticed the others sitting in the room, though he was able to narrow it down to a couple of older beings in the front. One was by a window and the other just in front of him.

Torn could tell they were both very strong and skilled, but which one was the one he felt was the question. He sat there a moment before closing his eyes again and reaching out to the Force and hoping to catch something that would give him a clue as to who the aura belonged to.

Anbira Hicchoru
May 8th, 2005, 10:38:12 PM
Anbira collected his thoughts, and opened his senses again, only to open his eyes almost immediately after closing them.

Turning his eyes from the window before him, he met the preoccupied gaze of a Kel Dor Padawan.

Anbira's head dipped noticably toward Dlo, in unspoken salutation.

"I don't believe we've been acquainted." He ventured, returning his eyes to the window in front of him.

Torn Dlo
May 8th, 2005, 11:20:11 PM
He heard the voice and looked up in time to see an older man turning his head back to the window. Must be him afterall.

"No...no I believe not. Greetings. My name is Torn Dlo."

Anbira Hicchoru
May 8th, 2005, 11:23:28 PM
"Anbira Hicchoru."

He was brief with his own introduction, eyes panning over the endless stream of speeder traffic that criss-crossed around the horizon.

"Do you come here often?"

Torn Dlo
May 8th, 2005, 11:29:18 PM
"As often as time permits. It is one of my more favorite places in the temple. Quite and relaxing"

Anbira Hicchoru
May 8th, 2005, 11:58:48 PM
"And what is it that you expect to find?"

Anbira glances back at the Padawan, this time his eyes remain on him.

Torn Dlo
May 9th, 2005, 06:51:54 AM
The Kel Dor's face turned to regaurd the human and then turned to look at a point on the floor.

"I'm not sure really.Answers to questions mostly, and sometimes something else. I'm not sure what though. Something elusive. At time's it seems I have it, but then I lose it."

Anbira Hicchoru
May 9th, 2005, 08:30:41 PM
"This does not necessarily change with experience."

Anbira allowed a small smile.

"What we seek through the force, is at the force's will alone. The questions we ask in our time. The answers are given in the force's time. There is no greater power that can demand the answers you seek. Only patience will find what you are looking for."

Torn Dlo
May 10th, 2005, 09:46:56 PM
Torn nodded.

"Patience...a rare virtue to come by in a galaxy measured in nanoseconds."

Anbira Hicchoru
May 10th, 2005, 10:41:45 PM
"If your glass is half empty, perhaps. The galaxy, great as it may be, is still judged subject to our own points of view. This is not to be confused with moral relativism.

What we see around us may in itself see more within ourselves than we do of it. Thus, to sense within and without, are one and the same."

Torn Dlo
May 11th, 2005, 09:25:42 AM
Torn sighed.

"A skill then that I have yet to learn. It is hard to unlearn what you've been taught since childhood. Kel Dors only learn to live life in black and white. Wrong or right. Yet I'm just coming to see that sometimes it isn't all that definite."

Anbira Hicchoru
May 12th, 2005, 10:05:45 PM
The Jedi Master rose from his seat.

"It's a delicate dance, this path. To seek wisdom and in turn not lose yourself, is a perilous task."

Anbira reached into a pouch at his belt, pulling a pinch of dried sprigs out. One, he placed in the corner of his mouth and began to chew. The other, he extended to his companion.

Torn Dlo
May 12th, 2005, 10:51:20 PM
Torn held his hand up and shook his head.

"I'm afraid I can not indulge in this with you," he said indicating his breathing mask.

Anbira Hicchoru
May 14th, 2005, 10:35:21 AM
"Oh."

Anbira paused, an embarrased smile showing, as he placed the remaining sprig back in his pouch.

"Is there any direction to your teachings that you expect to uncover in the future?"

Torn Dlo
May 14th, 2005, 10:45:35 AM
"On my home world, most of our teachings were directed towards that of physical combat and military strategies. Though I would prefer to try and study more of the healing arts and maybe touch up on the history of the ancient Jedi. The stories that my people have about them are facinating, though I hope to find more on them later in life."

Anbira Hicchoru
May 14th, 2005, 11:09:54 AM
"Your insight is prudent."

Anbira nodded as he walked along the edge of the room.

"If I may ask, who is your master?"

Torn Dlo
May 14th, 2005, 11:16:18 AM
"Liam Jinn. I haven't had much interaction with him so far, as he has only just recently taken me as his Padawan, but I do feel that he is wise and powerful."

Anbira Hicchoru
May 14th, 2005, 03:42:11 PM
"He is. I have known him a great many years. There are few equal candidates to have as a Master here."

Torn Dlo
May 14th, 2005, 04:00:25 PM
Torn nodded his agreement.

"And what of you? I can tell you aren't a novice in the ways of the Force, but my skills aren't finely tuned enough to even begin to place you on a level of expertise."

Anbira Hicchoru
May 14th, 2005, 04:18:33 PM
"My story is far too long, and not an interesting one."

Anbira dismissed his query.

"I am sure there are more than enough rumors around these halls to sate your curiosity. As for the truth, that is within your own feelings."

Torn Dlo
May 14th, 2005, 04:31:09 PM
"The truth can only be learned from the source. Unlike what I've heard here, I do not believe that the truth is only from a certain point of view. We are taught to see things clearly and un-biased. The truth is agreed on by everyone.

As far as a story, it would be something I would be interested in hearing if you have the time in the future."