PDA

View Full Version : Collection worth?

darthnateraide
May 8th, 2005, 05:26:17 PM
The new movie coming out has rejunenated my interest in Star Wars again, and I was just wondering what is the worth of my collection of Star Wars toys. I essentially have every toy that came out when The Phantom Menace came out. For ease lets say everything is opened but un-used (note: not everything is opened, it just seems to be easier to say that everthing is). Thanks.

Nathan

Jedieb
May 8th, 2005, 08:50:33 PM
You're going to get conflicting estimates. I'd say it's probably worth 50%-75% of what you originally paid at retail. You can go on ebay and get loose TPM figs for under $3. Of course some items were rarer than others, but the bulk of the line is pretty cheap loose.

One good way to check is to do a search on ebay for a completed auction of a certain piece in your collection and see what it went for. You can do it for a loose and a boxed piece and get an estimate of what you're collection would go for on the open market. For insurance purposes I'd use retail value as a starting point. You can never go wrong with that. Hope this helps.

JMK
May 9th, 2005, 06:51:36 AM
My answer would have been much simpler:

Your TPM collection isn't worth nearly as much as what you paid for it, so hopefully it represents something to you more than just it's monetary worth. ;)

Jedieb
May 9th, 2005, 10:05:25 AM
:lol
Unless you're getting it insured, ignore my long winded rant and pay attention to JMK.

darthnateraide
May 9th, 2005, 05:31:43 PM
I'm not looking for a profit. I guess I just want to gain some space back in my house, and if the highest bidder can help me accomplish this then I won't be upset.;)