PDA

View Full Version : House of Wax

Torn Dlo
May 7th, 2005, 09:22:28 PM
Hope there isn't another thread about this, but just in my humble opion, save your money. I mean the best part of the whole movie was when Paris Hilton got a pole thrown through her skull.

But hey who knows, some might like it.

Jedi Master Carr
May 7th, 2005, 09:45:01 PM
I wasn't interested in it I guess because I am a big fan of the original with Vincent Price.

Dasquian Belargic
May 8th, 2005, 09:11:52 AM
Originally posted by Torn Dlo
Paris Hilton got a pole thrown through her skull.

Well, now I'm tempted to go and see it, just for that!

Torn Dlo
May 8th, 2005, 01:05:57 PM
If you can get a cheap ticket then yes do it. If it is over $6 then don't...you'll just end up wasting the extra two or three dollars. :P

JMK
May 8th, 2005, 03:30:29 PM
That's the one and only draw of that movie. I'm betting 50% of their box office take is from people wanting to see what you described above.

Drake Shadowstalker
May 8th, 2005, 06:55:28 PM
I would love to see Paris Hilton die on camera...

Yog
May 9th, 2005, 05:57:01 AM
Originally posted by Drake Shadowstalker
I would love to see Paris Hilton die on camera...

Would you pay for it though? Keep in mind, its the ticket sales which determines what kind of movies the studios release. The movie goers have a great power in that they can dictate what is profitable or not. If people were more critical to what kind of movies they are going to see, there would perhaps not be so many cheap and mindless goreflicks out there. Personally, I want to see horror flicks with plot, characters and real suspense.

Torn Dlo
May 9th, 2005, 06:53:49 AM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
Personally, I want to see horror flicks with plot, characters and real suspense.

Aye...get this man a drink!

Shawn
May 9th, 2005, 08:16:00 AM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
Personally, I want to see horror flicks with plot, characters and real suspense. John Carpenter used to have a good grasp on how to do this. I think he went insane in his old age.

Anbira Hicchoru
May 9th, 2005, 08:22:14 AM
Originally posted by Shawn
John Carpenter used to have a good grasp on how to do this. I think he went insane in his old age.

I saw Vampires, so I can't believe this is actually true. That was the worst movie ever.

Droo
May 9th, 2005, 08:46:52 AM
Originally posted by Anbira Hicchoru
I saw Vampires, so I can't believe this is actually true. That was the worst movie ever.

I'm in agreement. SUch a huge disappointment.

Shawn
May 9th, 2005, 12:07:46 PM
Originally posted by Anbira Hicchoru
I saw Vampires, so I can't believe this is actually true. That was the worst movie ever. He also directed The Thing, In the Mouth of Madness, The Fog, and the original Halloween, as well as some other really good, non-horror films (Escape From New York, Big Trouble in Little China).

Recently, he's released... Ghosts of Mars. Insanity is my only explanation.

Rutabaga
May 9th, 2005, 08:31:55 PM
Originally posted by Shawn
He also directed The Thing, In the Mouth of Madness, The Fog, and the original Halloween, as well as some other really good, non-horror films (Escape From New York, Big Trouble in Little China).

Recently, he's released... Ghosts of Mars. Insanity is my only explanation.

I think you're right, there really does seem to be no other explanation. :\