PDA

View Full Version : X-Men 3, and other superhero Movies

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 21st, 2005, 12:06:01 PM
Here is some more information

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=2753

Looks like they want to sign Mardsen and I bet it happens. They are also trying to get Paquin back as Rogue. The only person up in the air is Halle honestly. Who knows if she will come back or not.

JMK
Mar 21st, 2005, 12:55:34 PM
I'd like to see Berry back for continuity's sake, but I found her the lamest of all the characters by far.

Gav Mortis
Mar 21st, 2005, 07:57:15 PM
She said she'd like to come back but on the condition that they write her character more like the Storm we know from the comics.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 21st, 2005, 10:02:28 PM
Well I would like to see that. Honestly the stuff about Cyclops having a smaller role makes sense. If it is Phoenix, Cyclops leaves the team in the beginning of the movie, he is upset and can't stick around, and he comes back when they find out Jean is alive so he might only be in half the movie, which really fits.

ReaperFett
Mar 21st, 2005, 10:41:20 PM
It wont be, it'll be small role because they've not bothered to write him for two movies.

Oh, apparently, Sentinels will be in too. Sentinels, Dark Phoenix AND the Brotherhood of evil mutants? Way to cram too much in!

Gav Mortis
Mar 21st, 2005, 11:15:55 PM
Don't be such a naysayer! It could work out really well in the end. Rajoice! Rejoice! :D

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:02:44 AM
I like it, the Brotherhood and Dark Phoenix cause chaos, the government orders the Sentiles to stop it. I think it works. I think X3 will be better than any of the other marvel films coming out, except for maybe Spiderman3. Sadly that is all Marvel has right now as the rest of the Marvel films, just haven't worked, IMO.

Gav Mortis
Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:21:08 AM
Aieeee! I just watched the third of the Bryan's Blogs videos which had Stephen Bender, who will be playing the young Clark Kent, running and jumping about on a SuperRig in preparation for a scene in a corn field. It was awesome.

I'm so hyped for this film already. We've seen snippets of Daily Planet sets, the Kent Farm itself, the crashed spaceship, all of which looks spectacular, and now we have this! I just think of the awesome sequences we've had of Spidey swinging around New York and can't fathom what sort of incredible things we'll see in Superman! It really can't get made quick enough for me!

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:30:10 AM
It looks great. Actually with the new Batman and Superman movies I think we will finally see a surge in DC movies. I suspect Wonder Woman and Flash will get made quick and Green Latern will probably follow. I heard rumors that WB want to do those five and then do a Justice League movie, not sure if that is possible though.

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:33:14 AM
I hated what they did to Superman in Justice League. And I cannot stand the Green Lantern: the only thing super about him is what my friend, Peter, and I like to call his Cheat Ring. It's like a piece of jewellery for all occassions. It can do everything! I'm suprised it doesn't make his morning coffee, too.

Not my cup of tea at all. The Green Latern of course, not the coffee. But coffee is not my cup of tea either. :p

Mitch
Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:19:05 AM
While I deeply love Green Lantern, and am overjoyed that Hal has returned and Kyle is gone, I really hope that no GL movie is made.

It's one of those things were the power is simply too much to try to explain in an hour and a half, as well as still contain Hal's heroic ideal. Not to mention they would overuse the ring, and focus on its power rather than Hal's personality and depth of character. This is a DC movie we're talkign about, and I've come to expect next to nothing out of them recently, film-wise.

And, The Flash? Come on, booooooriiiiing. Might as well do Aquaman, be just as dull.

JMK
Mar 22nd, 2005, 07:55:54 AM
I agree, I think a Flash movie would be lame. As would a GL movie. The ring would be totally overused just because today's CG capabilities could make it do such incredible things.

jjwr
Mar 22nd, 2005, 08:04:09 AM
Gonna chime in on the X-Men Thoughts...

Dump Storm, with the X-Men Underpowered a bit she's not really necessary and is taking up space of other X-Men.

Rogue is good as well but her power doesn't really lend itself well to the movie, she should go as well.

Replace with....Shadowcat & Colossus!!! It must happen! Beast & Angel are ok and if they are added they are solid replacements as well but after his Cameo in X2 we need Colossus!

Cyclops is being written down simply for the sake of Wolverine, the movie does not seem to want to split off into more than 1 strong male lead and they have decided to go with Wolverine and push the others into the background.

Dark Pheonix can work with the other stuff added in but odds are she won't have a big role until the end of the movie, the rest will be filled with all sorts of great Sentinel & Brotherhood Battles which is fine by me.

JMK
Mar 22nd, 2005, 09:04:09 AM
Originally posted by jjwr
Gonna chime in on the X-Men Thoughts...

Dump Storm, with the X-Men Underpowered a bit she's not really necessary and is taking up space of other X-Men.

Rogue is good as well but her power doesn't really lend itself well to the movie, she should go as well.

Replace with....Shadowcat & Colossus!!! It must happen! Beast & Angel are ok and if they are added they are solid replacements as well but after his Cameo in X2 we need Colossus!

Cyclops is being written down simply for the sake of Wolverine, the movie does not seem to want to split off into more than 1 strong male lead and they have decided to go with Wolverine and push the others into the background.

Dark Pheonix can work with the other stuff added in but odds are she won't have a big role until the end of the movie, the rest will be filled with all sorts of great Sentinel & Brotherhood Battles which is fine by me.

I agree, if 2 X-Men were to go, it would have to be Storm and Rogue. They don't contribute much and take away screen time from someone who may. I also think you're right on with the fact that they don't want 2 male leads in the X-Men movies and are much happier with Wolverine at the forefront than Cyclops. If they were going to flesh out both characters equally then each film would have to be Lord of the Rings length, and that isn't going to happen at this point.

ReaperFett
Mar 22nd, 2005, 09:10:25 AM
Originally posted by Mitch

And, The Flash? Come on, booooooriiiiing. Might as well do Aquaman, be just as dull.

The Flash is much more interesting than "I have a ring that does anything!".

And hey, least Jack Black wont play the Flash! :D

JMK
Mar 22nd, 2005, 09:42:07 AM
Oddly enough, I'd probably watch that. At least it could be funny.

Akrabbim
Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:10:22 AM
I still like Kyle MUCH better than Hal. Hal just got on my nerves.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:22:36 PM
Ryan Reynolds is on slate to play the Flash.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:34:07 PM
They couldn't replace Rogue and Storm with ShadowCat and Colossus not enough female presence. If they did that might as well add Emma Frost in there or Psyclock otherwise not enough female characters. About Flash it could be good if done right. I like GL honestly he is no different than any other superhero who has high priced equipment. Iron Man comes to mind right away.

Loki Ahmrah
Apr 12th, 2005, 07:22:34 PM
GEEKY FANBOY WETDREAM!!! (http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/supermanreturnsexclusive.jpg) :D :D :D

Ahem... anyway... Vinnie Jones is rumoured to be up for the role of Juggernaught in X-Men 3. I'm scared now. Can't they wait for Bryan Singer to come back? :(

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 12th, 2005, 11:16:58 PM
They don't specify what villain it could be anybody from Avalanch to Apocolypse for all we know.

Loki Ahmrah
Apr 13th, 2005, 06:50:49 AM
Actually, they do... right here (http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=19891)

Personally, I don't like the thought of this whatsoever. I like Vinnie Jones but I don't think I could take him seriously as a villain in an X-Men film. The way he performs seems to imply a parody of a charicature rather than a portrayal of a character and since the performances have been of such quality thus far, I feel it would be terribly out of place.

You never know though, he could suprise us if this went ahead.

JMK
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:28:00 AM
I think it can work quite well. He's got that super menacing look that's for sure. Besides, I don't think his ability (or lack thereof if that's your opinion of him) will affect the role much. Juggernaut is really a guy who just grunts and shouts as he throws things around.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 13th, 2005, 11:12:33 AM
However I read that I think it is AICN just speculating on who he might be. I still bet he could be Avalanch. My only problem with Juggernaut is you have to greatly change his story, you can't do the comic one because it is too complicated for a film.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2005, 10:00:51 AM
http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/hellcycleexclusive.jpg oh yeeeeah lookit my new motorcycle! (pic from Ghost Rider)

JMK
Apr 14th, 2005, 11:38:35 AM
I wonder if the Teutels worked on that one? ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 14th, 2005, 01:47:03 PM
Originally posted by Loki Ahmrah
Actually, they do... right here (http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=19891)

:cry Please no.

Gav Mortis
Apr 14th, 2005, 02:34:19 PM
SUPERMAN IS NOT A MARVEL MOVIE!! :mad

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2005, 03:14:31 PM
Um that's why I split it out of the Superman thread. :huh Everyone was cluttering up your SUPERMAN! thread with X-Men 3 and other superhero talk, so I split it.

Loki Ahmrah
Apr 14th, 2005, 03:17:58 PM
But you put my post with the OFFICIAL SUPERMAN RETURNS SHIELD in here. Do you have any idea what that means!? :cry!!

Edit: But superhero movies works well. :D

Bandage
Apr 15th, 2005, 02:59:21 AM
I'm amazed that no one has mentioned the Blade movies or even Dark Man.......Both movies were good, even though the first and probably all the other Dark Man movies weren't, to my knowledge, directly attached to Marvel.....Of course, personally, I'm not even sure if the Dark Man comic was specifically done by Marvel in tribute to the movie, or if it came way before that......wasn't too terribly coherent in the Nineties.......:)

Loki Ahmrah
Apr 15th, 2005, 05:45:40 AM
The reason why those movies haven't been mentioned is probably because they're old news: the movies discussed here, as far as I can see, are films in discussion or development or production.

And for the record, the first two Blade films were good. The last one was dire and I haven't seen Dark Man. :)

Bandage
Apr 15th, 2005, 01:32:15 PM
Well, to be perfectly honest, I haven't seen the last two Dark Man films either (three in all)......I know that Imhotep (doesn't know actor's name) from The Mummy played Dark Man in the last two, but all I saw was the first one, which Dark Man was played by Liam Neeson.

So my conclusion: It is apparent that Liam can play both good guys and psychotic good guys.......for him, it's not much of a stretch.

EDIT: Arnold Vosloo played Imhotep and therefore played Dark Man in the last two.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 22nd, 2005, 01:46:49 PM
Well it is confirmed Jugs is in the next film.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=2889

I like the article I like how Vaughn is aproaching it. He compares it to Unforgiven, which is a very interesting comparison to be making. It looks like he is going to make Juggernaut Xavier's brother. Although I bet he changes his orgin, the whole crystal thing will never work in a movie. I am betting he is either a mutant, or a government experment.

Loki Ahmrah
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:31:12 PM
I read that earlier. I am very concerned to be honest. His comment about having to pull the actors aside and tell them to forget everything they've done in the last two films is worrying. This is the third film in a very well done series and it would be awful to have the third film meander from what Singer and his crew have already accomplished with the franchise.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:56:10 PM
. The irony is that I haven't got the luxury of casting most of these guys, which is going to be odd, especially if I don't like what they're doing, cause I'm going to have to pull them aside and tell them to ignore everything they did in the last film." I don't think he said that he HAD to pull the actors aside, just that he would if he didn't like what they were doing. As any director should.

Like, if he didn't like the way Cyclops was being portrayed, he'd pull the actor aside and tell him to forget what he'd been doing in the other two films, and to do it a different way.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:58:09 PM
Yeah that is how I read it too. Most directors do that so that isn't something bad. To me the only way they are going different from singer is the whole simpler line. He says he wants to do grander things, and honestly I would like to see some grand battles and bigger sets like in the spiderman films.