Apr 8th, 2005, 07:52:15 PM
Avoid at all costs.

The end.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 8th, 2005, 09:26:31 PM
lol I loved it. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2005, 09:31:12 PM
well the trailers didn't wow me. I figure I wait for the DVD.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 9th, 2005, 12:46:45 AM
It's along the same lines as "National Treasure." I think it would do better in the summer, but with so many fantastic summer movies this year... April had to do. I still loved it.

Steve Zahn and Matthew McConaghay have awesome chemistry as friends in the movie.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 9th, 2005, 08:14:59 AM
I'm not interested in the slighest. It looks boooorrrring |I

JMK
Apr 9th, 2005, 02:59:11 PM
It had a ton of potential. LD's right, it's in the same vein as National Treasure, but with more violence. My problem is that it's so totally implausible and so many things conveniently work out for the heroes that I seriously considered leaving. Especially when they were in the back of that pick up truck as prisoners. The coin that he had was magically the perfect size to undo that screw that was holding the bar down. Then they were able to kick the bedliner out without the 2 drivers noticing. Then they dragged that thing halfway across the desert. Then they came across a downed airplane which they were somehow able to turn into a road worthy windsurfing machine across the desert. The straw that broke the camel's back was when they 'accidentally' found the Iron Clad ship...then got inside and ACTUALLY FOUND A WAY TO USE THE 150 YEAR OLD CANNONS!!!!!!

Anyway, there were many people groaning in disbelief all these things, and I don't remember ever hearing that before.

Oh yes, and maybe it's just me, but Matthew McConaghey's teeth were so white against his fake & bake tan that they appeared to be light blue in some scenes.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 9th, 2005, 03:09:27 PM
lol

I loved it. It wasn't supposed to be a serious movie, and it was a lot of fun. Not boring in the least. :mneh

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 9th, 2005, 05:41:14 PM
Question Does Abraham Lincoln involved in the plot? I know in the novel he is.

JMK
Apr 9th, 2005, 08:13:35 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
lol

I loved it. It wasn't supposed to be a serious movie, and it was a lot of fun. Not boring in the least. :mneh

Yeah I know, but I just thought the makers of the movie expected us to leave too much of our brains at the door. My intelligence was a little insulted. ;)

Mitch
Apr 9th, 2005, 09:29:40 PM
It's a Clive Cussler book. Did you honestly expect it to actually be plausible, or even probable?

JMK
Apr 9th, 2005, 11:21:31 PM
I had no idea what to expect, but that wasn't was I was hoping for.

Sanis Prent
Apr 10th, 2005, 09:17:29 PM
Looked to be a silly, jingoistic pile of fart, so I avoided it. Good to see I was apparently correct.