PDA

View Full Version : Three New Recruits Needing Approval

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 4th, 2005, 07:31:04 PM
Okay mods and council ... here they are. You can find their applications in the sticky thread in recruitment

Steath (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37857)

Torn Dlo (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=35985#post709649)

Axyolian Ja'Unister (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=35985#post713012)

figure be easier to just vote for all three in one post. Shall add mine later. Don't want to clutter this up.

Rognan Dar
Apr 4th, 2005, 10:38:21 PM
Well, I'll go first then.

Steath: Very intersting. I dont know where all this power hungring will go. But if played right, I think it could become a good story. I say yes.

Torn Dlo: He apears more new, though is able to write well enough. Yes.

Axyolian Ja'Unister: Yes.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 5th, 2005, 02:27:02 AM
steath: IC, I don't see why the Council would let him in. He wants power, and that's pretty contrary to our whole modus operandi.

Torn Dlo: Yup, sounds good.

Axyolian Ja'Unister: Likewise, sounds good.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 5th, 2005, 07:55:15 AM
steath- yes, i am leery of that IC as well with the power hungry issue.

Torn Dlo- Yes.

Axyolian Ja'Unister - Yes as well.

AmazonBabe
Apr 5th, 2005, 12:58:35 PM
Steath - I don't like his whole attitude of "I want to be a Jedi for power". The Jedi aren't about power. They're about helping people and keeping peace in the galaxy.

However, he appears to be able to write well. So, if we can direct his character to a different, more Jedi-suited path, then there will be hope for his joining.

For now, I give him a standby vote.

Torn Dlo - Can definitely write and has the correct attitude for a Jedi.

I vote yes.

Axyolian Ja'Unister - Good writings so far, and wants to make reperation for the pain he has caused by doing good for others. I'd say that's pretty Jedi, considering some Jedi have had similar pasts.

I vote yes.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 6th, 2005, 04:04:03 PM
My issue with Steath is not necessarily the craving of power and respect. He says he wants to keep the peace, and yet he has a short temper. Sounds to me like he won;t be keeping much peace at all. He'd need to undergo serious maturing in the area of patience. He would also need to be taken down a few pegs. I vote no, just to save this guy a lot of grief.

Torn Dlo is a big yes.

Axy I also vote yes.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 10th, 2005, 03:52:35 PM
come on .. need one more person to vote... :p

Figrin D'an
Apr 10th, 2005, 11:06:00 PM
I'm not going to cast a vote, but I would like everyone to bear in mind that admissions to GJO should be based more so upon the person's writing ability and OOC personality than their IC intentions. Flawed characters tend to be most dynamic, as most every person here knows. The whole point of having admissions applications in the first place was to spot potential OOC issues before they would become significant problems, not to make sure that every person allowed into GJO fit a particular IC mold.

Now back to your regularly scheduled voting...

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 12th, 2005, 07:25:24 AM
Ah Fig.... I miss your wiseness.... course, is that even a word.. dunno I just woke up!

I did not vote no for steath.. only leery about it, but if any wish to change their minds because if Fig's post, speak up. An idea tho, perhaps he can be accepted OOC but IC, could always have a council thread to clear up his motives?

Since Torn and Axyolian have waited long enough and there are no objections, gonna give them the okay to join and give them access here