PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Money!

Charley
Apr 2nd, 2005, 01:24:21 AM
:mad Damn you, Lucas!!!

$120 bucks smoked away. Ended up with the Unleashed Anakin & Obi Wan (gave Grievous to s'Il), 12 inch Palpatine, and a slew of nine or so figures.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 2nd, 2005, 02:10:42 PM
you got off easy then - my husband is running around to wal*marts, Targets and toys'R'us with a check list of all of the new figures.

He's waiting on the vehicles though and just getting the 3 1/2" figures and the target exclusive (3 of them) and the Unleashed ones. ^_^;

Figrin D'an
Apr 2nd, 2005, 05:01:51 PM
Grabbed 3 figures (Grevious, Vader, Shaak Ti) and three Legos sets. I didn't go nuts like in past years. I may get some of the other Lego sets eventually.

JMK
Apr 2nd, 2005, 05:02:48 PM
$300 spent on nothing but figures today. Ouch.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 2nd, 2005, 06:00:44 PM
We spent about $275 today. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 2nd, 2005, 06:13:17 PM
I got off easy spent close to 200 bucks though :p Mostly went for the DVD game and the Chess set. Grabbed a few figures though.

JMK
Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:13:39 PM
Next pay day in 2 weeks; more figures and hopefully a few vehicles too. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:17:12 PM
^_^; just found one of the red Royal guards at Target and snapped that up. Any one else get one? (or everyone?)

Jedieb
Apr 2nd, 2005, 09:15:35 PM
http://home.ntelos.net/~eltemmorejon/jedieb/Day%20After.jpg

I haven't even totaled the receipts yet, but I've got to be around $700. Man, what a run! Let's see, from around 11PM to about 2:30PM I hit;
4- Walmart
1 - Target
1 - K-Mart
2 - TRU

I started at my closest WalMart and was lucky I did. There were only around 8 of us. Everyone was very polite and generous. I found one Red Royal Guard, but didn't pick up the second one I wanted because I wanted to make sure anyone else that wanted one got one. There were a couple of teenagers there and I made sure they got what they wanted before I picked up one of more difficult to find figures.

Second WalMart was closed, and the third looked like it had been stampeded. It's the largest and most visited WalMart in the area and I heard from a couple of collectors that there were around 30 people waiting to rush the aisle at Midnight. A couple of guys made putzes of themselves so I was glad I started somewhere else. Picked up a couple of things I'd missed at the first WalMart. Then I made a quick pass by the nearby Target to see if any maniacs had started lining up at 2:30. Went home and watched some TV and had a snack.

At around 4:30 I went upstairs and got my son. "Wanna go get some SW toys?" He jumped out of my arms and started pulling clothes on. We got to Target at around 5:15 and there were already around 8 people in line for tickets to get the Target Lava Vader. I saw that was well below the 36 the store was getting so the boy and me climbed into the back of the minivan and watched the CloneWars DVD on my laptop. Donuts, SW cartoons, and soda, good times.:smokin

Mercifully the manager started passing out the tickets at 6:00 instead of 6:30. We got ours and went back home to wait for 8AM. At 8AM we got the Vader and the exclusive cups and figures. Okay, I got the Vader and cups. I let my son get 1 SW toys at each of the remaining stores. He was having a blast. We went to the WalMart tent but it was too early to have his picture taken with Vader (gotta do that tomorrow.) While waiting for TRU to open we took a quick trip to K-Mart where I managed to get a second Red Guard and a Secura I hadn't seen all night. At TRU I strcuk out on 2 things I really wanted, the holo Yoda and the Trivial Pursuit tin. I was stoked to find the AT-RT. WE went back home and then I decided to really push it. I took the boy and my oldest daughter and we went on a road trip to a TRU 50 miles away. I took them both to give my wife some time with the 1 year old and a good nap. Again, no Holo Yoda, but I did find the Trivial Pursuit tin and the last Battle Arena set the store had.

Finally got home around 2:30. Took a shower and then did some stuff around the house. I'm on pins and needles here people. This is gonna end up costing me a major shopping spree by the wife. Finally fell asleep around 6PM. Just got up an hour ago and started pulling stuff out of shopping bags. Good times, good times indeed.:smokin

EDIT: Just totaled the receipts, it's only $653! Lucky me........ :cry

JMK
Apr 2nd, 2005, 10:48:38 PM
You sick son of a bitch! :lol

I can't really talk. If there were an U.S. toysrus within 2 hours of me I would have made the roadie today and crashed in a hotel there overnight so that I could legally bring stuff back over the border.

I thought the ARC 170 Starfighter wasn't supposed to be released until some time in May???

Did anyone find the AT-TE Gunner and the Clone Commander?
I didn't spot those at all today.

Arya Ravenwing
Apr 3rd, 2005, 12:45:17 AM
One of my husband's friends and fellow collector likes to buy two of all the figures (one to open, one carded) and he probably spent close to $1000 today. ^_^; (oops, I'm LD of course)

Jedieb
Apr 3rd, 2005, 11:45:14 AM
I use to buy 1 to open and 1 to keep carded but I stopped just before TPM. Carded figure walls look great, but I just couldn't afford to double my spending. So I chose what I liked best, open figures. I'm opening cards right now. I'm using a knife to remove the tape from the flaps on the back. Then I carefully cut the bottom plastic, pull the figure out and the card stays intact. Like JMK said, I'm a sick SOB. :crack

The only place I found the ARC 170 was at Target, so it should start hitting en masse later this month. No sign of the anything higher than #32 (Secura). I figure those will start to trickle out around the end of the month.