PDA

View Full Version : Paitence is a virtue (open)

Torn Dlo
Mar 29th, 2005, 05:14:26 PM
Torn walked into the local establishment, passing the gaurds as he showed himself as having no weapons, and took a seat at one of the unoccupied barstools. The large Kel Dor shrugged off his hood and his wrinkly head and flappy skin became exposed. He had spoken with the Jedi's recruitment office earlier and had been told he would be contacted soon enough and given directions to this place as he had entioned that he was a little be thirsty. So now he waited for one of the barkeeps to come over before speaking.

"Excuse me, but do you have any methods of serving my kind?"

"Kel Dor eh? Well I haven't seen your kind in awhile, but yeah we got a few things to serve you. What will be your pleasure?"

"Green Gejra Tea if you have it," Torn replied.

The barkeep whistled and smiled. "Don't got much left, but I think I can scrounge up a little. Just wait right here and I'll be right back."

He nodded his thanks and turned to contently look at all the species of people walking around as he waited on his drink.

Vishan Korogoth
Mar 31st, 2005, 06:56:54 PM
The Padawan hopped onto his usual bar stool and leaned over the counter to pull on the bartender's sleeve. "Tell me ya got wha' Ah asked for."

Vishan sat back down and folded his hands together with a mischievious smile, "Come on, man. Tell me ya got it. Ya said it prolly take till taday at th' most ta git it."

Torn Dlo
Apr 1st, 2005, 12:34:53 AM
Torn looked over at the young man who had jumped up on the stool down from him and watched him badger the barkeep. I wonder what he is wanting? Must be something important to be acting like that.

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 1st, 2005, 06:00:31 PM
The barkeep gave Vishan an impatient look. "I'll letcha know after I help my customer here. All right?" He motioned towards the Kel Dor.

Vishan held up his hands in defense, "Sorry. An' no worries."

He offered the alien a smile of apology. "Didn't mean ta delay your order or nuthin. Sorry 'bout tha'."

As hard as he tried, the Padawan's foot was hopping up and down the stool while he waited..

Torn Dlo
Apr 1st, 2005, 06:04:53 PM
"It's no problem," Torn replied. "Besides it looks like you are in more of a hurry than I. What could be so important to cause such a rush anyways?"

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 1st, 2005, 06:08:01 PM
That mischievious grin returned, only it was wider, "Present for my.." He paused and looked around the entire bar, making sure Soolin was no where in earshot. Luckily, she wasn't here today and returned to the conversation with the Kel Dor. "... Master. Been waitin' several weeks ta git everytin."

Torn Dlo
Apr 1st, 2005, 06:10:50 PM
"Ohhh! So you must be a Jedi then! I am honored to make your aquiantence," the large Kel Dor said as he slowly held out his equally large hand.

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 1st, 2005, 06:14:35 PM
He chuckled. Either people were happy to hear that he was a Jedi or not. There were no inbetweens at all and he was still getting used to it.

"Yep. Ah'm ah Padawan at th' Order." He greeted the Kel Dor by grasping his forearm. "Name's Vishan."

Torn Dlo
Apr 1st, 2005, 06:16:57 PM
"I am called Torn Dlo," he said as he also gave a slight bow of his head. At the mention of the Jedi Order, his silver irises gained a small twinle. "I too, hope that I will be part of the Order in the future."

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 2nd, 2005, 12:02:32 PM
"Ooooh. Ya wanna be ah Jedi too, eh?" He smirked, "Not easy an' not sumtin ya wanna git inta unless you're serious about it."

Torn Dlo
Apr 2nd, 2005, 12:26:07 PM
Torn nodded. "Yes something I have heard many times and was even warned before I left the Academy to come here. But I am sure I can hold my own here. I've yet to meet a challenge I can't tackle."

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 4th, 2005, 08:28:39 PM
The bartender interrupted the conversation for a moment to give Torn his drink. "A'right, Vish. Gonna check the back for your order. Be back."

He nodded appreciatively, "T'anks. So," the Padawan returned his attention to the Kel Dor. "Seem pretty confident eh. Hope it's not tha' or you're ego talkin', friend, cuz being ah Jedi ain't jus' ah challenge. It's ah way of life."

Torn Dlo
Apr 5th, 2005, 06:14:50 PM
Torn nodded deeply. "I understand, though I've been under the impression that it is similar to my life at the Academy on Dorin."

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 5th, 2005, 06:59:39 PM
There were times that his eyes strayed to the door leading into the backroom, hoping to get a glimpse of the bartender. "Oh? Wha's it like on your homeworld?"

Now as bad as it looked, Vishan did not speak as if distracted. He really did sound interested in hearing Torn out. "Ah've been around, bu' ne'er been ta tha' next o' th' woods."

Torn Dlo
Apr 6th, 2005, 09:41:04 AM
Torn thought for a moment before speaking again. "Dorin is...different from most places elsewhere in the galaxy. There are very few visitors due to our atmosphere, but other than that life is what one might describe as being pleasent for all of us."

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 6th, 2005, 04:36:57 PM
"Hmm, doesn't sound so nice for us regular folk," he chuckled. "Bu' seriously, how's academy life there similar ta here?"

Torn Dlo
Apr 6th, 2005, 07:29:51 PM
"I'm not really fimiliar with the life here, but on Dorin the Academy is strict. Classes in the morning and physical conditioning in the evenings."

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 10th, 2005, 03:53:40 PM
He chuckled, "Well, not sure how the Jedi 'ere do it, bu' my Master does it th' opposite way."

Torn Dlo
Apr 10th, 2005, 08:45:16 PM
If a Kel Dor's face could be read, his would be shocked. "No disicipline?!"

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 12th, 2005, 07:50:01 AM
"Ya 'aven't met, Soolin. My Master. Trust me, discipline galore." The bartender broke up Vishan's amusing chuckle.

"Hey, Vishan. Got all your stuff. Can pick it up in the back when you're ready. It's in the last fridge when you walk in on the right."

His baby blues lit up like a kid in a candy store, "You're th' best. Ah'll make sure tha' ya git ah nice tip fer th' trouble."

Torn Dlo
Apr 13th, 2005, 08:37:35 AM
"If you do not mind my prying, but what gift have you for your master?"

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 13th, 2005, 04:56:54 PM
He turned around on the stool and pinched his fingers together, taking on a silly accent as if he was a popular chef. "Ze menu is fish. Mahi mahi to be precise! And washed down with a bit o' honey mead."

The Padawan laughed at himself, "Been ah pain gittin' this stuff. Figures, th' stuff tha' Ah wanna git Soolin isn't 'ere, bu' make no mistake. This place kin git anytin."

Torn Dlo
Apr 13th, 2005, 05:13:17 PM
"Ahh food...I take it it is her favorite?"

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:01:34 PM
"Yep. It is. Took ah lot of smooth talkin' ta make sure she didn't git ah hint of wha' Ah was plannin'. Pretty sure she's gonna be surprised."

A confident smile came across his lips, "Either tha' or she'll be suprised Ah kin cook really good."

Torn Dlo
Apr 14th, 2005, 12:34:59 PM
Torn nodded. "I wish you luck on your quest."

Torn raised his glass to his mask and clipped the straw into place and took a small sip before removing it and placing it back on the counter. "We never did things such as that on my planet."

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 14th, 2005, 04:01:58 PM
"Quest?" He repeated and smiled, "Ne'er thought of it like tha'. Guess it could be considered one."

The Jedi scrunched his nose, "Ya mean ya ne'er did tha' kinda stuff in general, or for your teachers or sumtin?"

Torn Dlo
Apr 14th, 2005, 04:22:48 PM
"Just in general. We didn't celebrate much."

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 14th, 2005, 04:41:57 PM
"Ah," his brow furrowed, not really understanding that. Must be a Kel Dor thing. To him, everyday that he breathed was a celebration considering what he had to fight through to earn that right.

"Well, figger Ah do sumtin nice for her. She doesn't git it enough."

Torn Dlo
Apr 15th, 2005, 10:49:16 AM
"Now that is a feeling I do know all to well. For all the work our instructors at the Academy did, none of them ever got a reward."

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 16th, 2005, 10:48:35 AM
"See," he slapped the palm of his hand on the table in triumph. "Knew you'd git wha' Ah was gittin' at. Now, if you'll excuse me..."

The Jedi put a few credits down for his drink and enough to pay for Torn's. "Ah gotta pick up my stuff. Been nice talkin' with ya. Drinks on me as ah welcome present."

Torn Dlo
Apr 16th, 2005, 12:11:34 PM
Torn bowed his wrinkly head in thanks. "Thank you kind being. Prehaps we will see one another later."

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 16th, 2005, 02:21:59 PM
"Hmm," he thought about it. "Ah dunno, maybe. Me an' Soolin are headin' back ta Yavin ta train soon. Course, ya ne'er know wha' th' future holds."

He gave the Kel Dor a small two finger salute in farewell, "Either way, be safe an' good luck 'ere at th' Academy."

Torn Dlo
Apr 17th, 2005, 08:33:47 AM
Torn dipped his head and behind his mask, he smiled. "Farewell and thank you."

He turned back to his drink as the young man left. Prehaps it won't be so bad here after all.