PDA

View Full Version : Since everyone shares everything here...I just got robbed.

Mandy with an I
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:33:57 PM
At work. It was very scary, and I hope they catch the guy. I gave them a good description and the police said I did a good job, but, yeah. I feel weird.

I really am in shock and if I can switch my shift tomorrow, I'll be around if anyone wants to chit-chat.

Rognan Dar
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:38:16 PM
Wait, what do you mean you got robbed? Like someone came up to you and robbed you? Asked for you money and ran?

Mandy with an I
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:43:11 PM
I was at work. I work at a convience store. A guy came in, asked for a pack of smokes, a bag then demanded money.

I pressed the alarm button, which he saw. He told me "You pressed the button, you better give me the *f*ing money now" which I did. he had a steak knife in his pocket, and he showed it to me.

I had to talk to 3 different police officers, and the SVC people. But I got to see them do some CSI work, which was neat .

Rognan Dar
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:46:00 PM
Come on, I'm sure you could have taken him out. You should know all those Jedi moves. :p Anyway, good to hear that your safe. :)

Mu Satach
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:47:58 PM
Yikes... glad you're ok.

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:51:08 PM
At the very least, I'd have a baseball bat with me if I worked in a convenience store.

At most...I don't have to explain.

I'm glad you're safe though. These idiots murder for pocket change, so don't take anything for granted.

Angelica Shin
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:53:54 PM
O_o

Fwah.

*needs to get off the compy more, and scurry upstairs*

Mandy with an I
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:55:15 PM
We have a bat, but I didnt even think about it.

What worries me most is what the Special Victims Counselors told me, about being nervous and scared at work, and having nightmares. :-/
I *want* to work, I don't want to go there and work a night shift and be scared, but I know I will at least for a while.

Rognan Dar
Mar 28th, 2005, 12:01:08 AM
I think working nights would be worse, as far as being scared. All the weirdos come out at night. Maybe you should get a gun permit or something.

Mandy with an I
Mar 28th, 2005, 12:08:18 AM
I live in Canada, so...yeah. I'd probably hurt myself or someone innocent if I did have one.

You know what though - this is the best job I have EVER had. I really enjoy working where I do, even if I did get robbed tonight. I don't want to let my boss down by not going back to work, even if I am nervous about it.

And yes, Rog, all the weirdos come out at night :lol

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 28th, 2005, 02:52:28 AM
Wow.

I think if it was me, I'd snap. Then again, I'm not the most stable of folks.

Good luck with that, and I hope you don't get nightmares.

Zasz Grimm
Mar 28th, 2005, 04:32:05 AM
What's key is that your okay. If I had been in the situation, I may have acted differently. But the best way to do anything in that type of situation, is to do as asked, get them out- call the cops. Which you did.

Like Charley said, people murder for pocket change.

I'm glad your okay, and if you need to talk, give me a PM/email/IM.

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 28th, 2005, 04:39:41 AM
AH! DAE!!!! :(

I should try to scrape together money for that doll!

I'm glad you're okay, Dae. You did what you were supposed to do. I hope they catch him.

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 28th, 2005, 07:13:19 AM
Originally posted by Rognan Dar
I think working nights would be worse, as far as being scared. All the weirdos come out at night. Maybe you should get a gun permit or something.

No such thing in Canada, unless you're some big politician's kid or whatnot.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 28th, 2005, 07:50:02 AM
Glad you're ok, girl :hug Nothing you could have done, really. And don't worry about forgetting the bat; sometimes your brain just goes blank in those situations.

PM/IM/call if you wanna talk :)

Sorsha Kasajian
Mar 28th, 2005, 08:50:27 AM
Poor Dae Dae!!! Thank God you're ok. You know where to find me if you need me.

Mandy with an I
Mar 28th, 2005, 10:14:43 AM
Charley, we have gun courses you need to take for permits, but I really don't know anything about it. I know we had a gun registery, which cost the nation millions and was a total flop :lol

Thanks guys :hug I guess I'm going back to work tonight. My mum is going to check up on me once she's done work, and my boss said she would come in later and stay with me untill close. My stupid co-worker wouldn't take my shift because it was *my* shift :grumble

Oh, and for everyone who says they might have acted differently - you don't know untill it happens to you. I had always thought that if I got robbed I would be a blubbering mess the entire time. The first thing I did when he asked for the money was press the alarm. I was calm the whole time it happened - I cried afterwards, but I knew I had to write down what he looked like and try to remember exactly what happened. Everyone is saying how good a job I did, and I just think it's what you're supposed to do when that happens. :/

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 28th, 2005, 10:18:34 AM
The permits are just for ownership, Dae. There's no legal recourse in Canada for carrying defensively off one's premises.

As for what happened, you did what you had to in order to survive. That's all that matters. The cash in the drawer isn't worth getting killed over. If you can fight back, do it. If you can run, do it. If cooperation ensures survival, do it. There aren't any rules in this kind of thing. You do anything in order to stay alive, and let the chips fall where they may.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 28th, 2005, 12:56:43 PM
:( I'm glad you're all right Dae and glad that you have company for most of the night... that is good to hear :)

AmazonBabe
Mar 28th, 2005, 06:19:46 PM
:( !!!

Glad you're ok Dae! :)

And really, is there any way to get your shift, er, shifted to the day rather than night?

Pierce Tondry
Mar 28th, 2005, 09:06:18 PM
*hugs*

I'm glad you made it through okay Dae. I always knew you were a strong person.

Mandy with an I
Mar 28th, 2005, 10:45:36 PM
My boss tried to switch my shift - the guy who works there was out of town, and the other girl who works there was a bitch and said no. (Needless to say, she will be getting an earful when I see her next.)

But...today was alright. I was nervous, but my mum called and came to check up on me, my boss was there too. I work tomorrow night, and I'm meeting my sister to catch the bus home, so I should be okay. My other shifts are opening ones this week.

And, I got interviewed for the local paper - just shows how slow the news day was :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 29th, 2005, 01:06:43 AM
:hug!! Glad you're okay. We're told here at work that if someone robs us, just to give them the money and no problems - your company can replace the money but we're all fairly sure they won't be able to replace you if you get killed by being 'heroic'. There have been some armed (guns) robberies in my outlet mall in the past - it's scary just hearing about them. ^_^;

You did exactly what you were supposed to do. If I were there I probably would have been too terrified to remember where the alarm button was. :) *HOOOOOOOGs!*

Mandy with an I
Mar 30th, 2005, 03:27:19 PM
*hugs for everyone*

Well, I finally have a day off, so I've just been relaxing and doing stuff so I'm not sitting around moping. I went shopping (ah yes, the best kind of "therapy" EVER :D) and got a hair-cut. And had ice cappuccino.

I was in the paper on Tuesday, and I thought it was just going to be a tiny blurb in the local section. It wasn't, it was on the thrid page of the paper, first page of the local news section :lol

Also, sorry to anyone who I owe posts too, I haven't been to into posting lately but I'll try to catch up later today :)

AmazonBabe
Mar 30th, 2005, 04:21:04 PM
No need for apologies, Dae!

You just relax, shop, and have all the ice cappuccinos you want (or maybe not... cause then you'd end up bouncing off the walls O_o )

:D

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 30th, 2005, 07:33:27 PM
Dae was in t3h paper!

Did you get quoted? :)

Mandy with an I
Mar 30th, 2005, 08:29:33 PM
They came and did an interview with me. ^_^; Which is weird and everything, because I was at work when they did it, and it has exactly what I said in it. Even the part about the robbers' use of a steak knife being "pathetic" :lol!

I just hope some people read the article and remember seeing the guy around the plaza where I work and call the police. :)

Southstar
Mar 30th, 2005, 08:48:23 PM
You robbed a convenient store!?!

Oh wait...

Hope you're doing fine Dae. Have one of those iced cappucinos. I'll buy you a pizza or something.

Mandy with an I
Mar 30th, 2005, 08:58:14 PM
Will you fly it up here in your private helicopter? ;)

Southstar
Mar 30th, 2005, 10:37:12 PM
Hells yeah! Aerial pizza service!

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 31st, 2005, 12:51:18 AM
Originally posted by Southstar
Hells yeah! Aerial pizza service!

That would be the most expensive pizza ever...^_^;

Rognan Dar
Mar 31st, 2005, 12:54:38 AM
Originally posted by Lion El' Jonson
That would be the most expensive pizza ever...^_^;

If it doesn't get there in under 30 minutes, its free. :D

Southstar
Mar 31st, 2005, 01:22:44 AM
30 minutes... until I get that super-death turbo jet plane... then its five minutes. We'll cook it in the super furnace on board.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 31st, 2005, 07:44:22 AM
I want a super-death turbo jet plane :(

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 31st, 2005, 08:18:23 AM
30 minutes... until I get that super-death turbo jet plane... then its five minutes. We'll cook it in the super furnace on board.

Hang it behind the afterburner.

I hope you like your pizzas burnt black. :lol

AmazonBabe
Mar 31st, 2005, 01:57:50 PM
:lol Crispy crust!

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 31st, 2005, 03:44:02 PM
Mmmm....crispy.

Mandy with an I
Mar 31st, 2005, 07:45:25 PM

Yes, because all Uni students should have at least one :D

*tackles Wei!!!*