PDA

View Full Version : ROTS novel

LightKnight
Mar 24th, 2005, 05:47:05 PM
Not sure if I can post this here, if not you Moderators do your job ;)

If you check over at Over at Millennium Falcon.Com they have a couple of sweet scans of the new ROTS novel.

Sanis Prent
Mar 26th, 2005, 11:44:32 PM
I don't know about the novel, but thanks to Yog, I got a gander at the ROTS comic book.

If the movie is 1/10th as good as the comic, this movie is gonna be the bees knees.

Liam Jinn
Mar 27th, 2005, 01:05:16 AM
lol!

Good job in turning LL, Yog. >D

Yog
Mar 27th, 2005, 01:42:42 AM
Yeah, I am still awed beyond words. Everything falls into place and makes sense. It was brilliant

PS. Send a PM my way whoever is interested reading it :)

Liam Jinn
Mar 27th, 2005, 01:58:13 AM
It was truely magnificent, honestly. I cannot even begin to describe how I felt after reading it :)

JMK
Mar 27th, 2005, 09:03:48 AM
Is it straight out of the movie or a scene from just before the movie starts or what?

Yog
Mar 27th, 2005, 09:23:28 AM
Its straight from the movie, scene by scene in every single juicy detail. All the way from the opening scroll right up to the end credits.

Jedieb
Mar 27th, 2005, 10:24:31 PM
I got my hands on the audio novel the other day. I just finished it today. It's friggin' heartbreaking. I expect that there will plenty of changes between the novelization and what finally ends up on screen. I thought it was the most ambitious of all the novelizations. Anakin is practically torn apart throughout the novel. Between the Jedi, Palpatine, and Padme, the poor bastard never had a chance.

JMK
Mar 28th, 2005, 08:49:34 AM
So you're pretty much 100% spoilered now aren't you?

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 28th, 2005, 05:32:54 PM
Wow but I think I will wait. It is bad enough I spoilered myself by looking at pics from the Calendar in it I saw the young padawans butchered in the temple and what looked like Padme's funeral man that is going to be a teary eyed moment both of them.

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 28th, 2005, 06:10:32 PM
You think that's bad, just wait for Order 66.

>D

JMK
Mar 28th, 2005, 06:58:04 PM
What is Order 66??

Darth McBain
Mar 28th, 2005, 07:20:56 PM
It's the order Palpatine gives to exterminate the Jedi

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 28th, 2005, 09:39:29 PM
It's so awesome, I enjoy hearing other people talking about it, even though I know what it is :cool

:cool

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 29th, 2005, 01:02:13 AM
Oh that's what you're talking about.

I'm still relatively a spoiler virgin - at least when compared to some. All I know can be gathered from the trailers, the Clone Wars cartoons, and .. er... the words order 66, or gotten to through logic. :)

Darth McBain
Mar 29th, 2005, 08:53:12 AM
I've been spoiled, but not to the extent of some. As with you, Lili, most of what I know could have been deduced from Clone Wars and some educated guesses.

Anuis Ma'artra
Mar 29th, 2005, 10:21:51 AM
Holy Crap!

Why did I read the comic?

My spoiler cherry was popped...

Jedieb
Mar 29th, 2005, 10:24:08 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty much completely spoiled. I even read the extra chapter to the Making of ROTS the official site put up yesterday. All you have to do is read a couple of pages of that to see how independently Lucas words from the novel, comics, etc. The film will have some differences from the novel and comic versions. They'll be fun to look out for.
I saw some images of a toasted Anakin. Man, I'm starting to wonder if those last few minutes are going to be too intesnse for my 6 year old son. Luckily, I'll be catching a Midnight showing without him so I'll get a chance to screen it. I'm definitely going to have to prepare him for what he's going to see at the end.

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 29th, 2005, 10:29:45 PM
I can't help but talk in creepy emperor voice these days :D

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 30th, 2005, 04:17:45 AM
Originally posted by Anbira Hicchoru
You think that's bad, just wait for Order 66.

>D

I get goosebumps just thinking about it :mischief

JMK
Mar 30th, 2005, 07:43:01 AM
Lucas is definetly trying to make a statement with this one. It's going to be the most brutal and violent of the Star Wars movies. You've got to hope that it's not closer to Saving Private Ryan than it is to A New Hope! :lol

Shawn
Apr 7th, 2005, 09:46:34 PM
I don't know why, but I've begun getting progressively worse about wanting to look at spoilers. For AOTC, I managed to stay completely spoiler-free... until LD showed me her Anakin action figure. :mad

I've managed to stay pretty good about ROTS... so far. I picked up one or two minor spoilers accidentally in a magazine. I know Dooku gets a limb chopped off, Windu dies fighting Palpatine and Anakin, and something about Chewbacca. Thank goodness for my terrible memory, as I don't recall the rest. :)

I had actually managed to avoid watching the trailer until last week when I went to see Sin City.

But it's really tempting for me to dig into the graphic novel. I'm much more into comics than I was 3 years ago. I just have to keep reminding myself how much it'll diminish my enjoyment of the movie if I read it.

JMK
Apr 8th, 2005, 06:31:08 AM
Be strong dude....I wish I was still spoiler free.

JediBoricua
Apr 8th, 2005, 01:18:11 PM
I am spoiler free and suffering.

And you guys are not helping!!!

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 8th, 2005, 01:26:59 PM
For the record - it was Charley's Anakin action figure. ^_^; And I still feel terrible about it!!!

After last time when I looked at the picture of Dooku separating Anakin's arm from his body... I'm trying to be really good about not looking at pics or reading things from the movie. That one picture from AotC spoiled a lot.

*hides behind Boricua*

JediBoricua
Apr 8th, 2005, 02:07:26 PM
And don't any of you fiends dare spoil her, or I'll get medieval on you!!!!!

We should start a support group.

JMK
Apr 8th, 2005, 02:14:25 PM
Does anyone (other that those who own the toy) realize that the new Dooku figure's hand and HEAD are detachable?

mwahaha!

Suckers!

:wings

Jedieb
Apr 8th, 2005, 09:35:39 PM
I've got him displayed on his knees with both his hands chopped off. Take that Saruman!"

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 8th, 2005, 10:53:38 PM
Originally posted by JediBoricua
And don't any of you fiends dare spoil her, or I'll get medieval on you!!!!!

We should start a support group.

Yeah "my name is Holly and I'm spoiler-free!

...except for that one time when i accidentally read about order 66 but it wasn't more than two WORDS I SWEAR!! I'm so weak." :cry

JediBoricua
Apr 8th, 2005, 11:06:30 PM
I just read JMK's remark about Dooku's figure....damn it!!!!

We have to get better at this or they are going to beat us.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 9th, 2005, 12:47:50 AM
I didn't read it but I had to "LALALALALA" away my husband trying to tell me how Dooku dies! (that he dies isn't a spoiler, I think we all knew that anyway. Didn't we???:eek)

Yog
Apr 9th, 2005, 03:12:30 AM
She is falling to the dark side. Denial is the first stage ;)

Natia Telcontar
Apr 9th, 2005, 03:28:48 AM
*slaps hand repeatedly* The things you're willing to do when you're tired and trying to stay awake. This thread is making me want to see the movie more now. I saw a trailer in the threatre a few weeks back and it looked good. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the movie in the theatre when it comes out. Will probably see a late night showing to give me something to do if I'm still working nights.

JMK
Apr 9th, 2005, 02:51:39 PM
Originally posted by JediBoricua
I just read JMK's remark about Dooku's figure....damn it!!!!

We have to get better at this or they are going to beat us.

:lol

I can't believe you did that to yourself!

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 9th, 2005, 03:10:05 PM
JMK you are ... EBIL!

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 9th, 2005, 05:36:09 PM
Why did I buy the book!? Why oh why has fate been cruel to me!? I just couldn't s top myself... I just bought it and am already 80 pages into it. :cry

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 9th, 2005, 05:42:05 PM
I haven't done that yet. I am going to order the book and that way it takes a month to get to me :p

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:54:37 PM
Haha, well, I was looking for Labrynth of Evil. And found that instead. And Now I just finished it. ...wow.

A tear, to my eye, it brought. :( The movie, wait to see it, I cannot.

/Yoda talk

Sanis Prent
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:59:16 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Does anyone (other that those who own the toy) realize that the new Dooku figure's hand and HEAD are detachable?

mwahaha!

Suckers!

:wings

Whoa. Is that intentional?

Awesome!

JMK
Apr 12th, 2005, 06:29:44 AM
Yessir it is very intentional. Apparently he has a gruesome demise. :)

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 12th, 2005, 08:23:12 AM
Well I know about his demise, I just didn't realize it was included in the figure. I just popped the arms and head off of him now >D

Darth McBain
Apr 16th, 2005, 08:06:05 PM
I went up to Denver to have Matt Stover sign my book. He was having a signing at, of all places, a supermarket - but it's all good. He's a nice guy, and it's cool to have a signed copy.

JMK
Apr 16th, 2005, 09:15:56 PM
Dude you're just killing it right now! Ticket in hand and a signed copy of the novel! Excellent work!