PDA

View Full Version : The Outfit: Bang, You're Dead (Jhena, Outfit members)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 23rd, 2005, 10:21:59 AM
It was a small Selonian diner; unassuming and quaint. The interior decor was simple, and the customers were regulars, ordering the same meals day in and day out. The servers knew each patron by name, as it was old business; Rudi Cuzzo was always in the back booth, his cigar smoke giving the table he occupied almost an atmosphere of its' own. Old Man Jagri planted himself dutifully - every day - at the table beside one of the front windows. Mrs. Aanazzini sat also towards the back, though she always opted for a freestanding table rather than a booth. And so it went, every day, that Battaglia's Diner serviced its' usual guests with the same authentic Selonian cuisine that it had been for the past tweny-odd years.

But today, an old face once more returned. Yet oddly enough, it seemed to not throw the servers off their normal patterns and habits. In fact, it was as if they picked up right from the day this returning customer had left.

Ushered to a back booth - on opposite ends of the diner from Mr. Cuzzo and his everpresent haze of cigar smoke - Loklorien s'Ilancy slid into the cushioned seat as if it was routine. And it had been, ten years ago. Back when she was still a 'cleaner' (as the lingo went back then). She had done jobs for Frank Battaglia, the owner and namesake of the diner she now sat in, earning herself a solid reputation through the portly Selonian. He'd kept her a secret, acting as a middle man and 'the one who held the Metal Eyed Butcher in his pocket', but the truth of it was that she had needed him, and he had needed her.

And now, she was coming back in a sense. Only this time, she had plans. Plans to take over and reform Coruscant's organised crime into what it once was - before the noise and complications brought on by the rampant streetgangs vying for rights to a single street corner or intersection.

She would need help though, and that was why she was here now. A call had been made; sent through old channels not used in what seemed like ages. A meeting date and time was given, as well as where.

Now all that needed to be done was to wait for the recipient of the message to arrive.

Varla
Mar 24th, 2005, 08:24:34 AM
:: Belitski walks in, clad in her usual leathers, and joins her old friend in the booth ::

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 24th, 2005, 08:36:16 AM
Metallic eyes followed the new arrival to Battaglia's, and s'Il smiled as Jhena took the seat opposite her in the booth.

"I see you got my message. I trust the years have been good to you?"

Varla
Mar 24th, 2005, 08:45:29 AM
:: Jhena's face lights up, cheshire grin and eyes sparkling, full of the same mischief S'il remembered ::

"Very much so." :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 24th, 2005, 09:13:47 AM
The Lupine smiled as well, exposing her pearly whites. It'd been too long since she and Jhena had seen eachother; the last time being when both women worked for the Hutts.

She leaned forward then, her smile turning a shade craftier and mischief twinkling in her eyes.

"How'd you like to have another slice of cake, then?"

Varla
Mar 24th, 2005, 09:24:05 AM
:: She blurts out a laugh and gives S'il's hand a squeeze ::

"Pretty please, with a cherry on top."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 24th, 2005, 09:37:24 AM
s'Il's smile widened fully, and she leaned back.

"I need your special skills - you're the best shot I know of; certainly much better than me. And with that in mind, I need the special protection only you can provide.

"Game?"

Varla
Mar 24th, 2005, 09:39:36 AM
"You betcha. So what's the score?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 24th, 2005, 09:46:26 AM
"Namely," she began, "Me."

s'Il tapped a finger on the table idly.

"I'm starting a company, so to speak." she leaned forward again, beckoning Jhena close. "I'm taking all the old mobs out; tearing them down and uprooting their ties. And in their stead, the Outfit. But, I need a bodyguard with your set of skills to help keep me safe. And since you're the best, you're the only one logic would dictate for me to call.

"I want you in on this, Jhena. We can turn everything and everyone upside down. It'll be like working on Nar Shaddaa again, only instead of our money going to the Hutts, it's staying with us."

Varla
Mar 28th, 2005, 10:41:57 AM
:: Jhena almost squeaks in excitement, but pretends to sneeze instead ::

"Well I've got the guns. You got the people?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 28th, 2005, 12:06:00 PM
"You're number one. I've got a few favors I'm gonna pull in to wrangle some other bodies, plus Tip and Sal are still in with Hwoorag."

The Lupine almost grinned again at the thought of the two Wookiees who'd agreed to stay with Hwoorag while she was gone. They were loyal, and would act on her word without question.

She leaned forward once again, her voice lowering to bare above a whisper. "I'm getting rid of the old players - all the old bosses won't expect to be whacked themselves; which is exactly what I'm going to do.

"I'm going to unite the newer bosses; they're largely untouched by the other old blood."

She leaned back, letting silence descend upon the two for a few moments before finishing.

"How soon can you be ready to go to work?"

Varla
Mar 29th, 2005, 07:45:25 AM
"You kidding? I'll give my associates a call tonight."

:: she winks, then sips her margarita ::

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 29th, 2005, 07:56:24 AM
Just like Jhena - always ready to jump in head first.

"Just like old times," the Lupine laughed softly, nursing the Selonian Sunset she'd ordered.

"Hwoorag is gonna be the first to go down," she started, "He'll be paid a visit by the Metal Eyed Butcher - and done up like the priest Daruma*.

"What I need you to do though is take out the leaders of the smaller streetgangs; you've got the cleanest shot around, and I know you'll only need one bullet for each of their heads."

She looked at Jhena over the tops of her metallic eyes.

"And we start at midnight tonight."

Daruma - a 5th or 6th century [AD] Chan Buddhist monk who supposedly meditated for so long that his arms and legs atrophied, then withered away and fell off his body.

Varla
Mar 29th, 2005, 08:48:54 AM
"You're the boss. That also means you're buying, right?" :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 29th, 2005, 08:52:46 AM
"Buying what, your drink?" A playful smirk crossed the Lupine's features. "Jhena, you know I always pay your tabs when we go out together.

"And... you give me a list of what you want or need as far as firepower, and I'll have it for you in less than two hours."

Varla
Mar 29th, 2005, 09:21:21 AM
:: The Khalish mirrored S'Ilancy's smile ::

"I'll start with the calamari first."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 29th, 2005, 09:27:41 AM
"Good choice. The calamari stuffed shells are wonderful here, as well as the calamari fettucini. Whatever you want, it's yours. I was always partial to the house pasta special, but that's just me."

s'Il flagged a server then, and nodded to Jhena to make her order.

Varla
Mar 29th, 2005, 09:38:59 AM
:: Jhena orders the calamari and pasta dish, and waits for the server to leave before speaking again ::

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 29th, 2005, 09:44:37 AM
s'Il smiled, ordering herself the house pasta special before the server turned to put in their orders. Leaning back, the Lupine gave a content sigh. Everything was falling into place.

Varla
Mar 31st, 2005, 08:58:52 AM
"So, who's my first target?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 31st, 2005, 09:17:44 AM
"Name's Ko'aku - a Weequay in charge of the Cho-Tu gang. Thinks he's the next up and coming player to take charge of the western side of Chiba. He's tough and vindictive as dren," s'Il winked, "but I know what tools you like, and he's not immune to a healthy lead injection."

She settled more comfortably in her seat.

"He's actually got a hit out on someone for killing one of his dealers. She's an old friend, so if possible, see if you can tag him before he tags her."

s'Il pulled two small pictures from the inner pocket of her jacket and laid them on the table, sliding them towards Jhena.

"Ko'aku's an ugly mother too," she started, "... has so much ink on him it's practically sick. Head's full of topknots - I guess he's been away from home for enough years that he's starting to look like a bantha. Either way, he's nothing but trash to us."

A nod to the other picture - this one was older looking, and showed s'Il with another woman; sitting in an open-air cafe and laughing at something. "That's the girl he's after - Clea Larkin. She snubbed one of his dealers the other day, and so he wants her dead."

s'Il smiled as the server set a basket of garlic bread - along with two small plates - between them.

"Keep the photos for reference, just in case."

Varla
Mar 31st, 2005, 09:44:34 AM
:: She nods, pocketing the photos to study later and snurches a piece of garlic bread ::

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 31st, 2005, 10:17:54 AM
Grabbing her own piece, s'Il grinned a carnal, toothy grin.

"You still with the Rodian 'man-savage'?" she teased.

Varla
Mar 31st, 2005, 10:31:08 AM
:: Jhena giggles, then sticks her tongue out and touches her nose ::

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 31st, 2005, 10:45:41 AM
"Of course you are," she laughed, "what was I possibly thinking?"

The Lupine watched then as their food arrived, and gave Jhena a wink.

"You always had a thing for foreign tongues."

Varla
Mar 31st, 2005, 11:39:06 AM
:: She merely trills in response and eats the calamari playfully ::

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 31st, 2005, 11:52:33 AM
With a self-satisfied smirk, s'Il started in on her own meal - and just as she'd remembered from years ago, it was delicious.

"Keep an eye out for the Watch though," she said between bites.

"I've got a tentative under-the-counter deal with one of them, and he doesn't know what we're doing; just that I'm giving him information and tickets into some of the old groups down here. So let's keep as low a profile as we can in terms of letting on exactly what we're organizing."

Varla
Apr 1st, 2005, 07:49:46 AM
:: Jhena stares, a mix of disgust and "nani???" etched on her face. S'Il knew the Khalish had an intense hatred for the Watch, to the point of being borderline cop killer ::

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 1st, 2005, 07:57:26 AM
s'Il saw the look in her long-time friend's eye. She set an elbow on the table and pointed her fork at Jhena. "No cop-killing, you hear? It's bad for business."

The Lupine went back to her meal.

"Now I know you don't like the Watch, but this little agreement is somewhat advantageous for us, and I want to keep it for as long as I can. Upper-level heads will turn away from us for the most part if we play by a very loose set of rules..."

The glint came back to her own eyes, though mixed in with the mischief was a bit of viciousness.

"... and not get caught when we break them."

Varla
Apr 1st, 2005, 08:01:38 AM
:: Jhena nods, and takes another bite of calamari. The other thing S'Il knew is that her friend was a professional ::

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 1st, 2005, 08:07:57 AM
"I won't lie to you -we'll be breaking alot of his rules, but as long as we keep it quiet and keep it low, then things will go smoothly."

Shifting in her seat, s'Il took another bite of her pasta.

Varla
Apr 1st, 2005, 08:22:23 AM
"Gotcha. So who is this frelnik?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 4th, 2005, 06:31:41 PM
"Zemil Vymes. Gruff, bad social skills, and a prejudiced sonovabitch. I'd almost call him a xenophobe, but he's not quite that intolerant."

s'Il gave Jhena a shrug. "I think he fancies himself to be like one of the old style cops - like he's been watching too many noir holos."

Varla
Apr 5th, 2005, 12:24:50 PM
"Vymes???"

:: there was an eye twitch, then she murmered something to herself in Huttese as she ran her fingers through her hair ::

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 6th, 2005, 01:44:21 PM
The Lupine twitched an eyebrow.

"You know of him, then?"

Varla
Apr 7th, 2005, 07:08:26 AM
"The man is a hard boiled headcase, s'Il. You know that, don't you?"