PDA

View Full Version : God of War

Drake Shadowstalker
Mar 21st, 2005, 02:27:34 PM
This game comes out tomorrow and I think I'm going to buy it. My friend has the demo and he tells me that he has played it 4 times. I keep seeing the commercial for it on TV and it looks sweet!

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 21st, 2005, 02:49:09 PM
What kind of game is it? What's it about?

Drake Shadowstalker
Mar 21st, 2005, 03:11:06 PM
well it's an action/adventure. from what i read it's similiar in fashion to prince of persia because it has puzzles but also a really awesome combat system. it's based sort of on Greek mythology cuz you have the different Gods, like Ares, Zeus etc...

the main guy is a Spartan warrior named Kratos and the whole thing is about him carrying out a mission given to him by the Gods. the mission is to kill the god of war, Ares. but first he has to find Pandora's Box.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 21st, 2005, 03:50:28 PM
.. and open it?

Drake Shadowstalker
Mar 21st, 2005, 03:55:47 PM
presumably, in order to gain the power he needs to kill Ares.

Anuis Ma'artra
Mar 25th, 2005, 12:34:55 AM
Yes it gives the player the power to kill the gods, however it is more like POP 3 than POP SoT you play an unlikable sob who's soul goal in life is to kill Ares because he sold his soul to him to become the ultimate warrior.

Drake Shadowstalker
Mar 25th, 2005, 01:55:37 AM
I like this game more then Prince of Persia 2. I've played it for about 5 hours so far and love it. The combat system is awesome and the leveling up of the Blades of Chaos and other spells is good. I like the storyline and the way the whole thing is unfolding. The puzzles are cool and prevent the game from being just a mindless hack and slash.

Definitly worth a rental if you have a PS2, but I'm glad I bought it.

Khendon Sevon
Apr 2nd, 2005, 12:48:13 PM
My brother bought this game. From the commercials I thought it was just going to be some silly romp around ancient Greece with horrible graphics, stupid moves, etc.

After a day of boredom I decided to slide the game into el PS2 monster and see what happened. The beginning reminded me of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, bad sign. About 15 minutes into the game all of the differences hit me.

God of War is a throw back to the good old arcade games. It requires fast fingers, combinations, and a bit of problem solving. The graphics are the best possible on PS2, the controls very, very intuitive, and the story captivating.

Basically, it boils down to this: God of War is what Prince of Persia: Warrior Within should have been.

My only problems are with the unrealistic representations of Greece and lack of Greek accents ;) But the gameplay more than makes up for it. Additionally, we wouldn’t want a game with flaming chaos swords and mythological monsters and gods being too realistic, would we?

Anyone else played it?

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 3rd, 2005, 03:18:23 AM
Merged your post into the thread already existing about this, K :)

Khendon Sevon
Apr 3rd, 2005, 10:07:20 AM
sorry, didn't see it :) Danke.

Drake Shadowstalker
Apr 3rd, 2005, 03:18:58 PM
I beat it last week. It's probably the greatest game available on PS2. Once you beat the game once on either Easy, Normal, or Hard, special features are unlocked, including a 10 part Challenge of the Gods. While being very difficult, a friend and myself manage to get past all 10 Challenges and unlocked the special armors. One of them being Ares Armor which you can use when playing through the game on Easy Normal or Hard. It vexed me a little to learn that I couldn't use Ares Armor while playing through God Mode. Grrrr...