PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars, Vol. II

Darth McBain
Mar 21st, 2005, 12:04:06 PM
The second volume of clone wars cartoons starts tonight at 7PM. They have some info on it over at http://www.cartoonnetwork.com

I loved the first series, I'm looking forward to this one. Apparently in this series, instead of a lot of really short episodes, there are only 5, slightly longer episodes. I think I'll like this format better. While I really liked the first series, it seemed like they were trying to cover so much ground that they had to have short episodes, but while they were cool, it was like they were only scratching the surface before they moved on to something else. With the new format, hopefully they'll be spending a little more time going in depth with some of the battles and plot lines.

JMK
Mar 21st, 2005, 12:54:20 PM
Yeah they're each roughly 12 minutes, that's almost 3 times the length of the episodes from volume 1.

Liam Jinn
Mar 21st, 2005, 06:21:32 PM
That was a pretty neat episode..

Are you sure there are only 5 of em? At cartoon network when you click on the schedule thingy, it says watch one episode every night this week. So maybe there are 7...

Waaait, nevermind, I'm stupid...only 5 :D

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 21st, 2005, 06:35:50 PM
Rumor has it that there are only 5. Monday - Friday.

Anywho, I might just be a little kid jumping for joy *laid down the law to the rents that I *will* be going to the midnight showing*, but I liked this episode and it made me want more.

I loved the Knighting ceremony. That had ritualistic cult for the greater good stamped all of it. They didn't explain how Obi Wan, or Kit for that matter, got on the Council. Ah well. And is it me, or are they building up to something for Episode 3, in showing/bringing in Qui-Gon AND showing what to me looked like the Degobah dark side tree. Interesting and hope it's something they flesh out a litte more, or at least bring into Revenge.

Darth McBain
Mar 21st, 2005, 09:23:13 PM
Good episode. Some random thoughts...

Grievous rocks. I liked how they made him a little less invincible in this episode. In Ep. 20, he was just kicking butt and taking names later, but here, he had to run for his life. Even so, he definitely seems like a powerful foe - I'll enjoy seeing him in ROTS. I liked how he took the Whiphid Jedi's saber as a trophy.

Was that Garindan that took an extra look at Anakin and Padme in Coruscant - seeming to see a little too much? He's one that seems to notice things and deal in information - if it was, its kind of a neat tie-in to ANH.

To me, Padme definitely looked like Leia.

I liked the knighting ceremony. For some reason, I thought that Anakin would rip out the braid at the beginning of the fight with Obi-Wan, saying something like "I'm no longer your student - today I teach you a lesson". I didn't have anything to back that up, but it was just how I kind of envisioned it.

What was with Qui-Gon Jinn's nose??? That thing was huge... :lol

Did Anakin truly visit the tree on Dagobah? How could Qui-Gon have shown it to him, as Qui-Gon died at the hands of Darth Maul???

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 21st, 2005, 10:30:19 PM
I think that might have been a what if future. "Always in motion, it is"

Figrin D'an
Mar 21st, 2005, 11:37:48 PM
I missed the initial broadcast this evening, but I was able to download it later on. I'm pretty impressed. Even though this season will only be 5 episodes, it's shaping up to be even better then the previous ones.

Also... were there somehow two of the chapters (21 and 22) broadcast tonight? I only ask this because I was able to download both chapters this evening. Chapter 22 is pretty darn cool, if you haven't seen it yet (Dooku and Grievous sparing is some awesome stuff... it makes pretty clear that Grievous is, for all intents and purposes, Dooku's student).

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:50:37 AM
argh we missed today. Luckily, they're all being played back to back on Saturday.

Liam Jinn
Mar 22nd, 2005, 01:38:23 AM
I liked seeing Dooku and Grevious going at it, that was probably my favorite part of chapter 22. That, or when Anakin starts eating the bugs in front of Obi wan. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 22nd, 2005, 02:28:00 PM
Isn't this technically vol. 3? I thought the previous ones were two volumes.

JMK
Mar 22nd, 2005, 03:07:23 PM
I thought so too, but I think Episodes 1-10 were season 1 and 11-20 were season 2, but both made up season 1. I could br wrong though.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 22nd, 2005, 04:00:39 PM
Okay, so I'm not crazy then. ^_^;

So it's Vol.1 which includes seasons 1 and 2, and then this is Vol.2 with season 3?

AmazonBabe
Mar 22nd, 2005, 04:14:12 PM
Just watched it. I want more!

BTW, is there any way of dling the other episodes? I was able to record them to video when they were aired back-to-back, and I'll definitely be plattering (recordig to DvD) these five when they're aired back-to-back this weekend (they will be, won't they?).

I just wanted to know if there was any way of getting copies of them dled from a site.

Figrin D'an
Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:09:08 PM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
Just watched it. I want more!

BTW, is there any way of dling the other episodes?

PM me, and we'll talk. I have all of them, in high quality.

or

If memory serves, the DVD of the first 20 is either available now, or will be soon.

Liam Jinn
Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:10:39 PM
My lord...

I just watched chapter 23 and...

It is soo freaking awesome. It's definentally the best chapter yet, plus it showcases alot of the Jedi's abilities. Yoda and Windu's scenes are suprisingly awesome. Once I saw the droid army invading Coruscant, I had to watch it twice. If anyone else has seen this chapter, let me know! I need to talk with someone about the supreme greatness..! :D

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:15:56 PM
How the frell are you getting these so early in advance!?

JMK
Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:16:13 PM
Does anyone know where I can get Volume 2 episodes? I checked cartoonnetwork.com but they tell me that they're only available to north american users.

I guess Canada is now too far north to be considered a part of north america. :\

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:18:12 PM
Looks like Figrin is the man to PM about getting episodes.

And yes, the first two 'seasons' are on DVD and I'm getting mine today. And yes, again, the five from this week are airing back to back on Saturday.

Liam Jinn
Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:21:50 PM
I'll link up people if you want to see the 21-23 episodes, just PM me, or Figrin apparently :p

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:28:44 PM
I can't get 21 either CN is saying the same thing. Now if I am not in North America nobody is. I suspect they are having some issues with it right now.

JMK
Mar 22nd, 2005, 06:01:04 PM
Well duh JMC, South Carolina physically can't be in NORTH America now can it? How would that make any sense at all?

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 22nd, 2005, 06:04:41 PM
LOL you got me they must think South Carolina is part of Brazil or something :p Right now I am taping 22. I won't watch that until I see 21.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 22nd, 2005, 07:33:12 PM
Saw both of them, very good episodes. I can't wait to see the next one.

Liam Jinn
Mar 22nd, 2005, 07:44:19 PM
23 just so happens to be the best, just to let you know :p

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 22nd, 2005, 07:55:15 PM
Cool can't wait is that when the invasion of coruscant happens?

Liam Jinn
Mar 22nd, 2005, 07:58:01 PM
Yup, and it's not disappointing not really a spoiler unless you read what Carr said...but just to be safe.. :D

Darth McBain
Mar 22nd, 2005, 09:16:50 PM
Just saw Ep. 22. Not bad, I think I like 21 better, but this one was pretty good. I liked the part where Grievous and Dooku are sparring. I thought some of the early parts with Anakin and Obi-Wan could have been done a little better.

Anuis Ma'artra
Mar 23rd, 2005, 07:30:39 AM
I got the not in North America thing as well and I live in Illinois. I just deleted my cookies closed the browser down and reopened it up and it played no problem.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 23rd, 2005, 02:41:36 PM
Heh well I could do that but I hate doing that have to relog into every message board I am member of, hopefully I will be able to catch all the rest of the episodes this week, so I shouldn't have to worry.

Liam Jinn
Mar 23rd, 2005, 07:02:12 PM
Ooooh, chapter 24 is grrreat!

Also I heard from my friend that there is supposed to be a 26th episode released the same day as Ep. III, so that's kinda neat.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 23rd, 2005, 10:05:54 PM
Yeah great episode they sure make Mace and Yoda look very powerful maybe too powerful but I guess that is for the sake of the cartoon, it doesn't bother me that much. Loved that end scene with Palpatine

LightKnight
Mar 24th, 2005, 06:20:10 PM
This might be an odd question, but are the Clone Wars cannon?

James Prent
Mar 24th, 2005, 06:25:16 PM
My brother was asking me the same thing - I'm guessing yes, but you have to take into account that they've upped the action by holding it to cartoon standards.

For instance, I do think that Yoda could cause two ships to crash into each other but I'm not so sure about the part in Vol. 1 where Mace made all the bolts and screws come out of a battle droid and the droid fell apart. The more I think about it, the more I want them to be completely canon. :D

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 24th, 2005, 06:32:41 PM
I think the events are but things are just slightly exageratted because it is a cartoon. Loved the new episode, the battle with Grevious keeps getting better. Also that was some cool stuff with Anakin. Is that suppose to be Wat Tambor?

Darth McBain
Mar 24th, 2005, 10:29:08 PM
Ep. 24 rocked. The fight between Grievous and his bodyguards against the Jedi was incredible. Anakin's trial was also really good - I liked the vision he had - definitely some foreshadowing there. And Carr, that Techno-Union guy might have been Tambor - it likely is.

James Prent
Mar 24th, 2005, 11:26:36 PM
I LOVE SHAAK TI!!!

Darth McBain
Mar 25th, 2005, 11:52:47 AM
Heh - just watched Ep. 24 again and our old pal Wilhelm is there :lol We all knew it would be in all of the movies, but that's awesome that its in clone wars too...

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 25th, 2005, 12:12:21 PM
Why don't I know this Wilhelm!?:huh

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 25th, 2005, 02:51:35 PM
Probably because it's a sound affect (scream).

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 25th, 2005, 03:13:33 PM
Oh that. I know that one. :)

Darth McBain
Mar 25th, 2005, 10:19:23 PM
Ep. 25 was incredible. It really got me pumped for ROTS as it appears to lead right into it.

JMK
Mar 26th, 2005, 08:05:33 AM
Yeah, that's what I would call a direct lead-in! :D

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 26th, 2005, 12:48:49 PM
Yep it went straight into the movie.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 26th, 2005, 06:32:19 PM
I still love Shaak Ti! She's so adorable in the cartoon. :D

Darth McBain
Mar 26th, 2005, 06:36:43 PM
Shaak Ti has definitely gone up a notch in my book based on Clone Wars. I thought she was kinda neat in Ep. II, although she seemed more eye-candy to me as another neat looking alien Jedi. It definitely seems she's quite a substantial Jedi in her own right based on the cartoons.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 27th, 2005, 05:16:06 PM
Some thing to note: General Grevious sounds almost exactly like Darth Vader. Coincidence? I think not.

Figrin D'an
Mar 27th, 2005, 05:23:22 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Some thing to note: General Grevious sounds almost exactly like Darth Vader. Coincidence? I think not.

Wha? They aren't that close. Grevious is much more mechanical. Vader's voice has humanity that is subdued by his breathing apparatus.

To each his/her own, however.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 27th, 2005, 05:45:23 PM
I still think they sound very similar. :)

Liam Jinn
Mar 27th, 2005, 07:15:19 PM
Well... this might be more of a spoiler than some people might want to know, so read with caution.

They both were constructed/saved or whatever by the same people; the techno union... So it makes sense to say they sound alike..

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 27th, 2005, 07:51:13 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Wha? They aren't that close. Grevious is much more mechanical. Vader's voice has humanity that is subdued by his breathing apparatus.

To each his/her own, however.

Definitely sounds similar to Vader in ANH.

I cannot fathom how awesome these cartoons are. The action of Episode II was insanely awesome. The action of the first chapters of Clone Wars was ten times as intense. The action of the third chapter is 100 times more ultraviolence than the first set of cartoons.

It leads right up into Episode III. If what I have read in the comics is even 1/10ths of the way on the mark...

...it's like the power of pure awesome is twisting into a hurricane, and constantly pulling even more awesome into itself so that it becomes exponentially more awesome. I have never been this pumped for a SW movie. Not TPM. Not AotC. I've spoiled myself to the breaking point, and its all coming together! I never thought they'd do it, and they are!!!

Jedieb
Mar 27th, 2005, 10:30:29 PM
Am I the only one that noticed several differences with the cartoon and LOE? Not that I really care that much about EU continuity. What I want is for the artists in question to get as much out of their medium as possible. Watching Yoda and Mace go nuts on the surface of Coruscant was sweet. I loved Shaak Ti's battle with the Manga Guards. Lots of good stuff here. Man, I wish this is the medium the TV series would use.

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 28th, 2005, 07:16:28 AM
Order 66

Order 66

ORDER 66!!!!

Mother of God. It's the Final Solution. The Jedi never had a chance.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 29th, 2005, 12:59:44 AM
what order 66 ?

Darth McBain
Mar 29th, 2005, 08:54:48 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
what order 66 ?

It's the order of fries that Palpatine ordered from Dex's diner - :) j/k (While ordering the destruction of the Jedi Order).

Darth McBain
Apr 20th, 2005, 09:43:44 AM
Anyone know when Eps. 21-25 will be available on DVD? I was kinda hoping they'd have a quick release and be out before Ep. III, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen...

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 21st, 2005, 11:58:07 AM
No idea. I looked. *shrug*

JMK
Apr 21st, 2005, 12:19:47 PM
No news on the release yet as far as I know...

Firebird1
Apr 25th, 2005, 05:36:59 PM
No idea, you can watch them from Starwars.com...

I know I'll end up doing that while I can.

Darth McBain
Apr 25th, 2005, 07:54:15 PM
Yeah, before ROTS I wanted to watch all of the movies and all of the clone wars cartoons first as a lead-up, guess I'll have to do 21-25 online - no biggie...

Darth McBain
May 25th, 2005, 12:12:51 PM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009RNAVU/qid=1117044669/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/103-5466154-4115857?v=glance&s=dvd

Well, they don't have a release date on it, but it is listed on Amazon, so it's on its way...

JMK
May 25th, 2005, 12:47:40 PM
Sweeeeeeet. :D

Darth McBain
May 25th, 2005, 01:04:10 PM
I'm psyched - I liked Volume II much more than Volume I - especially the way it tied so nicely into the opening of ROTS.

JMK
May 25th, 2005, 01:08:52 PM
I liked them both equally I'd say. I didn't really like the planet that Obi Wan and Anakin visited with those feline looking creatures. But I did think that hallucination/premonition thing that Anakin had was awesome.

Darth McBain
May 25th, 2005, 01:54:43 PM
Yeah, at first I was like WTF when they started showing that psychadelic vision he had, but it really came together and was a wonderful foreshadowing of his future. And don't get me wrong, the first series was really good too - I just liked the tie-ins better in Volume 2, whereas most of the episodes in Volume 1 seemed like standalone stories that didn't have much direct bearing on the movies...

Darth McBain
Sep 6th, 2005, 08:15:03 AM
Finally... http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/about/news/news20050905.html

JMK
Sep 6th, 2005, 08:23:15 AM
Sweet!

Jedieb
Sep 6th, 2005, 11:38:55 AM
ROTS in Nov., then the cartoon in Dec. A wonderful holiday season indeed. :cool

But you guys have all heard the rumor, haven't you?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JOIP/qid=1126028405/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/102-4825869-0263325?v=glance&s=dvd
Yeah baby!!!!

Darth McBain
Sep 6th, 2005, 11:53:34 AM
You know what's scary is that if that comes out on DVD - I'll probably actually buy it...

JMK
Sep 6th, 2005, 12:07:20 PM
I would buy it too, but thankfully I don't think we'll ever need to worry about that one. There's no way GL wants that to ever see the light of day AGAIN.

Jedieb
Sep 8th, 2005, 08:09:40 PM
I'll definitely buy it. I have memories of watching it as a kid. I know it sucks, but I want to see the cartoon. And of course, Bea will be there to sing us a song! What I think is happening with the link is that they're gauging interest. If enough people click on it, then it may just get produced.

Darth McBain
Sep 8th, 2005, 09:43:50 PM
Well, I actually told them to email me when/if it becomes available, so I guess that's one. :)