PDA

View Full Version : Last Call (Phoenix Whyte)

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 17th, 2005, 09:40:07 AM
Je'gan couldn't have predicted, back when he started teaching Whyte, that the young man would become perhaps his greatest Apprentice - ever. But as he looked back, he saw that, though the massive Sith had rarely been overt or flamboyant - overly so, or in comparison to Je'gan's other pupils - Whyte had trained well and long. Je'gan was impressed...and now that he had the title of Elder, that went a long way.

This would be the last of their many training sessions.

Lucianus Adair
Mar 17th, 2005, 11:19:56 AM
Arriving, as was always his fashion over the years that Je'gan had been his master, in clothes of darker shades...each year larger to accomadate his ever growing frame. Accross his back, was Raevat, an oversized katana by most standards, but easily handled by the near seven foot tall predator. He wore no coat. The breeze was warm on this fine, Corellian spring evening.

"It is an honor, as always, Master Olra'en." He gave his master a short tilt of the head as he approached. He was a few years short of his twentieth year of existance, and he looked down physically at the slightly older man. Black eyes.

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 17th, 2005, 01:40:57 PM
"You're good, Whyte."

Je'gan pushed away from the training ground wall, standing free before his far taller student.

"You're very good, at just about everything I've taught you. TK, explosions, shields, physical enhancement, combat, energy manipulation, elemental powers and something approximating the Withering Touch...everything but mentalics, and you can at least hold your own. To tell the truth, you've trained as hard and for as long as Jezreal, and you were there at her recent Knighting. We're going to run through a series of spars today; solid blades, lightsabers, martial arts and sorcery. If successful - success to be defined as holding your own or triumphing over me, and meeting my standards - you will achieve the rank of Sith Knight."

He walked out into the open a bit, pulling free a long rapier and dagger of a shining black metal.

"En garde."

Lucianus Adair
Mar 18th, 2005, 02:09:36 PM
Phoenix half-grinned, reaching over his large shoulder and drew Raevat, a long schwinnzz accompanying the movement. He was not tense. This one never was.

And there he stood, ready for any attack.

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 18th, 2005, 03:45:40 PM
"Don't tell me you're letting me make the first move."

Lucianus Adair
Mar 18th, 2005, 09:52:01 PM
Phoenix just stared blankly at the man for a moment, slightly astounded. He then stood upright, and rested Raevat's blade on his shoulder.

"I cannot see why I should have to tell you. I would assume it was rather obvious I am allowing you the first move...I must say, however, that it was terribly observant of you. I hope that it is not a problem for you that I have granted this?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 19th, 2005, 10:32:09 AM
"Picture me as an enemy who absolutely has to be destroyed. Then choose."

Because that's how you should view all enemies went unsaid.

Lucianus Adair
Mar 19th, 2005, 07:56:14 PM
He does not want the first move. Fair enough.

Mars held Raevat to his side, as if the weapon were drawn from that point, and with two short steps, came in to the perfect range for striking with the oversized weapon. Immediately upon stopping he lashed out with the weapon, in a drawing strike that would cut diagonally from Je'gans waist to his opposite shoulder if the man did not move to deflect in time. Either way, the endpoint for this strike was a return to its starting position.

Performed at the correct speed, the naked eye would never have seen the weapon move.

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 21st, 2005, 04:53:11 PM
Inverting his left wrist - that hand bearing the dagger - Je'gan caught the strike in the crook of hilt and blade as he stepped in slightly with a point-blank lunge with the rapier.

Lucianus Adair
Mar 24th, 2005, 09:42:17 PM
To avoid, Mars took a quick two steps back, withdrawing Raevat with him. The temptation to have grabbed the rapier by the blade, and manipulate it to breaking point had been there, but he resisted. Performing such a feat while he was still slow to handle it would have left him fatally open. In the meantime, he exchanged for his normal sized katana, and went for his next attack.

Again, moving forward, he dropped and slammed a sweeping kick to hook Je'gan's knees and fall him. At the same time, he thrusted at his master's middle with the shorter choice of blade.

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 25th, 2005, 08:26:09 AM
Je'gan leapt above the kick, rapier whirling in a circular parry as he threw his dagger at Whyte's chest.

Mordecai Lória
Apr 2nd, 2005, 09:44:28 PM
((Gah. Must not post whilst tired...))

Lucianus Adair
Apr 2nd, 2005, 09:46:47 PM
Taking immediate note of the dagger, he used a telekinetic stop to halt the dagger, and release it to the ground, catching it in drop. Then from the crouch to standing, Mars made a move forward, taking the dagger to rip Je'gan from the pelvis, up the body, making a beautiful bisecting line of bleeding and innards...

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 2nd, 2005, 10:47:39 PM
...or so the Apprentice hoped. In actual fact, Je'gan's rapier continued the spiral, knocking the dagger's blade straight up. A shallow furrow inscribed itself alone the Sith Knight's stomach, further traumatized by the hilt of the dagger as point and hilt scraped their way up. Je'gan had no intention of letting the weapon pass through his lower jaw; pushing away, he did a neat backflip and landed two metres from his hulking student.

"Very nicely done. I didn't think you could get a Force-grip that fast, Whyte."

Lucianus Adair
Apr 3rd, 2005, 09:21:56 PM
Phoenix gave his master a short nod.

"It is amazing what heavy training, practice and time will do for a man, Master Olra'en."

The predator's size seemed to do little to detract from his speed. Hardly a bumbling mosntrosity.

"I would have had no difficulty in catching the weapon with my bare hand. Such pains as that would cause are a driving tool. It is, after all, just a little blood."

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 5th, 2005, 08:33:46 AM
"True."

Je'gan tossed the rapier to his left hand and slid it into its sheath even as he drew Magor with his right and activated the spitting blue flame. He attacked without hesitation, a stomping leap that closed the distance between them and a lunge that flicked out for his Apprentice's chest.

Lucianus Adair
Apr 9th, 2005, 11:40:18 PM
Abandoning the katana to its sheath, simultaneously Phoenix picked the lightsaber his master had given him off his belt, and ignited the bright, flame-like blade.

He moved just in time to block, staring down hard at the man as he pushed forward with something he rarely used, despite what stereotyped attributed to sizeable individuals. Mars used cold, brute, purely physical force in a sharp, reeling burst. He matched said intensity with a quick and diligent follow-up of a Force Hammer. The same technique - nearly - that had ripped into a tree on one previous training session....

Je'gan Olra'en
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:35:02 AM
Maintaining the blade lock - though, without enhancement, he could not match the force behind it - Je'gan leaned to the right. Not far enough, as it turned out: the hammerblow took him in the wide-flung left forearm, which went instantly numb.

Rather that use his own concentration on a returning Force attack, the Sith Knight hit the activation switch of his lightsabre twice in rapid succession. Magor, like Azubah, ignited and disengaged almost instantly; the blade disappeared and reappeared in the critical instant it would take Whyte to compensate. At the same moment, Je'gan lunged again.