PDA

View Full Version : Request for a Council Thread

Anuis Ma'artra
Mar 16th, 2005, 11:53:58 AM
I havent' been very active of late but that is partially because I've been working on the storyline for this character. Origionally I was going to turn Ka' el to the Dark Side. But I'm not really feeling that for this character, he sees the world too much in black and white to be tempted by power, he doesn't feel that the ends justify the means, but rather your actions define you as a person.

This being explained, Ka' el is badly burned now, his skin being boiled in raw sewage has caused a lot of problems, including the higher risk of infection. He will now be resided in a life support suit of sorts (ala Vader) however he had this done to him by a Darksider and does not fault the Jedi, but rather his own arrogance. But he notices that people fear him now and he is afraid that his appereance has rendered him useless as a Jedi due to the fact that he now instills fear and disgust to those around him. What I would like is for him to be counciled, he feels rejected by those he has tried to serve and abandoned by those he has served with. In the thread I would like for him to have a new master appointed to him as well. I've spoke with a few of the Knights/Masters available and think I am close to reaching an agreement with a few of them. I would stay with Fig, but do to his busy schedule I think it would be unfair of me to expect him to try and keep up with the dramatic amount of posting that will be required by those who are going to be involved in this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here, pm me or AIM me (perryjoelittrell) and I will be happy to accomodate you.

Thanks.

PJ

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 16th, 2005, 09:33:15 PM
Well, it seems to me that two questions are at first most apparent.

1) Where is Ka'el now?

2)If you intend to have a new Teacher by the end of the thread then you need to have that locked down and posted before the thread starts.

As far as Ka'el's being "councilled" is concerned, I'm having trouble if you want Ka'el's new teacher to do that or if you are looking for someone on the Council in particular to do it.

Anuis Ma'artra
Mar 17th, 2005, 01:07:27 AM
1) Ka' el is currently in the clutches of one Sith Lord Phantom, but as he and I have worked out he is going to release Ka' el convinced that he did an effective brainjob on the guy enough to get him to turn against the Jedi, but all it really did was shake his confidence.

2) I have said master lined up.

As far as councilling goes, basically the boy is going to come before the council to ask to be assigned to the Jedi Ag Corps or something to that extend because he is afraid he can no longer do the job he started. He needs reassurance that even though his appereance odd that it doesn't matter.

Rognan Dar
Mar 18th, 2005, 11:35:04 PM
Well, from what I can tell, it looks like we can do what you want. But like Wei said, it might be best for his master to do the 'councilling.' I would still be happy to do it IC, if needed, and whatever else you feel he might need.

Over all, though, it is going to have to come down to the padawan and the master dealing with such issues. The council can help out, make suggestions and the like, and ask for him to go places and such. But it is the teacher/masters job to deal with such feelings.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 20th, 2005, 10:59:40 AM
I agree with both Wei and Rognan... such problems are usually best handled by your new Master but of course if Ka'el needs a push in the right direction... Council will be happy to help out and so will I

Anuis Ma'artra
Mar 24th, 2005, 10:57:24 AM
thanks, I've asked Shade to act as my new Master. I think that perhaps, an informal thread with members of the council may be better than a full blown council thread.

Any member of the Council is welcome to join my thread in the Jedi Grounds called Bittersweet Homecoming, I'd link but I'm lazy.

For additional information, the back story is such:

Ka' el patrolling the dregs of Coruscant was caught in a trap by Sith Master Gav Mortis and Razielle. He was told Raz was sick, attempted to help and was ambushed. His body was boiled in raw sewage. He was 'rescued' by Phantom who encased his body in a vader like suit to keep him alive but make sure he always felt pain and shame. Phantom released Ka' el when he was well enough believeing that he had sufficiently created enough doubts in the Jedi in Ka' el's mind that would lead to Ka' el betraying the Order.

He underestimated Ka'els resolve, but Ka'el still has his doubts and that is what this thread is about.