PDA

View Full Version : Question

Anuis Ma'artra
Mar 11th, 2005, 02:45:48 PM
My Jedi character Ka' el was badly hurt in a fight againt two Sith, in which he was boiled alive in raw sewage. Somehow he survived and I'm going to explain it by putting him in a Vader-esque life support suit and making giving him a cybord replacement for his right arm which was shattered and both eyes. My question is, that due to the wholesale destruction of his skin and body, would this hamper his ability to use the Force, if so I may make his suit more of a powered armour (think something like M.A.N.T.I.S. for any of you who ever saw that crappy Fox Show, but not nearly as powerful.) than just life support and greatly reduce his connection with the Force. However i would rather just make it a life support suit and keep his strong connection to the Force, but if I remember correctly I read something about Vader's connection being reduced because he had to be incased in that armor and I don't want to cause problems. Just a Question, if you have an opinion please voice it.

PJ

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 11th, 2005, 03:25:58 PM
I've heard that about Vader, too: it was a quote by Lucas, saying that if he hadn't lost so much of his body he would have become two or three times as powerful as Palpatine. Losing both eyes and an arm doesn't sound that extreme, though. I wouldn't think it would decrease his connection by a whole lot.

Kathrine
Mar 11th, 2005, 03:31:11 PM
The way I see this and I already explained to him is that it could only lessen his connection should this board follow the concept of Midichlorians. If that is the case then yes I could see how this would lessen the connection. However, if you were to follow the side that the Force is some mystic energy shield I wouldn't even see how this would lessen the connection. It is just the matter of what idea is the basis on the boards.

Ok that was my two cents.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 11th, 2005, 04:20:46 PM
We don't give 2 rats about midichlorians, but having your physiology altered severly is traumatizing.

Yog
Mar 11th, 2005, 04:36:02 PM
We don't give 2 rats about midichlorians

Quoted for truth. Forget midichlorians. Like old Ben said, its an energy field which surrounds us and binds the galaxies together.

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 11th, 2005, 04:40:50 PM
Look at me, judge me by my size do you?

I don't think it matters at all.

Hart
Mar 11th, 2005, 09:18:18 PM
Having a metal claw for an arm will probably make you much more self-conscious around girls, which will then make it more difficult for you to perform... as a Jedi. It's all about confidence.

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 16th, 2005, 07:28:15 AM
After Lion got crackled by Jade, he spent three months inside of a specially designed suit that pumped bacta over his body while the burns healed. I had a suit of power armor that interpreted nerve responses during that time that allowed me to trundle around the Jedi Academy and continue my training.

Kieran Devaneaux
Mar 16th, 2005, 10:10:34 AM
That wouldn't have been of a 40K design, would it? :D

Anuis Ma'artra
Mar 16th, 2005, 06:40:56 PM
Well my wounds aren't intended to be the kind that are healed, considering it was a Sith Lord who put me in the suit, thinking that it would help turn me to the darkside if he made me so terrifying

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 18th, 2005, 04:17:04 AM
Originally posted by Kieran Devaneaux
That wouldn't have been of a 40K design, would it? :D

Yes, it was a fully-fledged Dreadnought, complete with Sarcophagus. :D

Ka'el, I'm not sure what you'd do about something like that. The Vader suit was pure life-support. I think that losing some connection to the force would be inevitable, but I also think that there are ways of compensating for it through increased physical strength, technology, and an expansion to you training...increased discipline, for example, might allow you to tap deeper into the Force than you ever had before. If I remember correctly, Mara Jade once said that all Jedi had to make a sacrifice, before they could truly "feel" the Force

Actually, I don't think the reduction of your Force abilities would be that severe if you managed to turn this loss into your sacrifice. I'm not really sure what to tell you about the suit, though. For your eyes, for instance...well, Geordi on Star Trek had a pair of bionic eyes that could see in a variety of wavelengths. The ability to see in infrared and thermal wavelengths might make up for any loss in Force Perception, for instance.