PDA

View Full Version : SW Republic Commando

Khendon Sevon
Mar 5th, 2005, 10:52:31 PM
Anyone played this yet? Any likes, dislikes? (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/hud.html)

The demo was horrible, but that was just the demo... I'm hoping it is better but don't plan on buying it 'till I hear some happy customers. (I don't trust Lucas)

Anuis Ma'artra
Mar 6th, 2005, 11:17:26 PM
The demo was full of glitches and stupid crap, so far the game has been good.

If you ever wanted to see a RB6-Halo 2 hybrid set in SW Uni pick this game up. If you haven't, still pick it up.

Zem Vymes
Mar 6th, 2005, 11:35:27 PM
The game is absolutely fantastic, full-stop. Not sure what your problem with the demo was, but both it and the full version are a blast to play.

Anuis Ma'artra
Mar 7th, 2005, 06:10:36 AM
The demo I had was just glitch tastic. Everytime I turned around one of my teammates was stuck on pebble or something. But I knew so long as the glitches were worked out the game would be great and I was right :)

Khendon Sevon
Mar 7th, 2005, 12:38:16 PM
How's the AI? In the demo enemies would just sit there while you shot at them--even on hardest.

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 7th, 2005, 01:37:57 PM
Depends on the enemies you face. Super battle droids do that kind of thing, but then again, they're incredibly hard to kill.

Liam Jinn
Mar 8th, 2005, 12:43:54 AM
I just got the game earlier tonight, and I like it. It's better than Halo in my opinion, but maybe that's because I never had an X box or the will to play more than the first level on my computer. But it's really Halo only SW-style, so that makes it better...

Definentally better than Dark Forces series, with the exception of no lightsaber...but then again, I'm only on the second part of the game :)

Zem Vymes
Mar 8th, 2005, 07:15:51 AM
Its really nothing like Halo, to me. Halo is more of a solo style shoot-em -up, and a multiplayer platform.

Like Ka'el said, this is more akin to Rainbow Six style games, or perhaps some of the World War II stuff. The squad-level interaction is something that Halo doesn't get into.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 8th, 2005, 01:18:26 PM
Got it for xbox, let's see how it is.