PDA

View Full Version : Fever Pitch

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 3rd, 2005, 11:05:00 PM
Not sure if anybody knows what this is about but it is the New Farelley Brother's Movie. Jimmy Fallon plays this obsessed Red Sox fan who is dating Drew Barrymore it looks funny. I know they even included last season into it and the fact the Red Sox won the World Series so it should be a great movie for that alone :p
Well here is the trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fever_pitch/

CMJ
Mar 4th, 2005, 10:38:59 AM
I doubt it can be as good as the British version. Then again when I saw the '97 one I was sure that we'd remake it eventually.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 4th, 2005, 01:05:01 PM
Yeah I read this is a another version of a famous book out of England. With the Fareely Brothers it should be funny though. Although, they haven't had a hit movie since Shallow Hal and really have had nothing that has equaled their biggest film There is Something About Mary.

CMJ
Apr 6th, 2005, 11:23:45 PM
I saw this tonight. Judged on it's own merits it's a sweet, engaging, romantic comedy. However, the '97 Fever Pitch is one of my all-time favorite sports movies. It was more of an examination of the sports fanatic mindset with the romance being secondary - this was the opposite.

Being a fanatic myself, I appreciated the original's angle. Even before I knew it was being remade I thought the Cubs or Sox seemed a likely fit(or Packers - when they won the Superbowl in the early 90's it'd been like 30 years) should they win...since the climax is when Arsenal finally won the English league after nearly 2 decades.

Anyways, the film has alot of real laughs and I liked both Fallon and Barrymore. Good, but no match for the original.

Sanis Prent
Apr 6th, 2005, 11:29:51 PM
I'll take my dad to see this, since he's the biggest Sox fan outside of Massachussets.

Jedieb
Apr 7th, 2005, 07:32:34 AM
Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, going to see this. I'd burst into flames at the end. :evil

CMJ
Apr 7th, 2005, 10:58:00 AM
Rent the original Eb. :)

JMK
Apr 7th, 2005, 11:55:56 AM
Originally posted by Jedieb
Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, going to see this. I'd burst into flames at the end. :evil

Spoken like a true Yankee fan.

I wonder if anyone in New York will see this?

CMJ
Apr 7th, 2005, 12:10:36 PM
The film didn't even spend that much time on the ALCS. It's kind of a shame...Red Sox fans won't be terribly happy about it...and Yankee fans won't even know they're overreacting to the supposed sticking it in their faces. :p

It's basically all done in voice over narration.

jjwr
Apr 7th, 2005, 12:55:40 PM
If I'm not mistaken the whole movie was wrapped up by the time the ALCS came around and it wasn't until after the Sox won the World Series that they had to go back and change the ending.

Had they lost the Yankee's series it would have been same old same old but with them winning and them moving on the movie would have seemed seriously dated without mentioning it.

JMK
Apr 7th, 2005, 01:44:20 PM
Agreed - with the Red Sox doing the (near) impossible they had to go back and update the ending. It would have been horrible if they left it as is.

CMJ
Apr 7th, 2005, 02:08:35 PM
They shoulda just waited to even make the movie till they won a WS. Then they really coulda tied it in. Oh well. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 7th, 2005, 04:47:32 PM
That sucks it isn't in there but hey they show them win the WS that is something in itself. I remember they wrapped up filming by actually filming at the the WS. If anybody remembers they had Barrymore and Fallon run on the field and kiss when they won.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 10th, 2005, 08:09:16 PM
I saw it today, it was a cute movie, I agree with you there CMJ. I liked the stuff filmed in Boston and Fenway that was really cool. I thought Fallon and Barrymore did very good jobs. One thing have to say this is worlds away from There is Something About Mary, it is surprisng it was directed by the same people.

CMJ
Apr 10th, 2005, 09:19:56 PM
Rent the original Layton...you'll see where I'm coming from. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 10th, 2005, 09:42:38 PM
I will probably have to now, I am curious of the differences.