PDA

View Full Version : A guardian in a state of flux.

Mr. Flux
Feb 26th, 2005, 11:56:41 PM
Flux was arriving home from helping out with the Coruscant Watch.

And as of late, this was no easy task. So, upon entering his rather...dainty little apartment, he commenced his ritual of cleaning. Which, despite his title, and how he acted, was much like a child. He took off his hat, exposing his pale, bald head, which he let his hand lightly stroke as he sighed.

"Blah blah, keepers of the peace. Why can't the peace keep themselves?" he snarled, recalling the nights event. Some idiots thought it'd be cool to hold a bar hostage. People had been raped, killed. Naturally, Flux handled it- but at the cost of several innocent civilians who were used as shield against the Jedi.

Which he claimed he didn't see, and had to act quickly, if he was going to successfully 'de-escalate' the situation. In total, six scum were killed at his hand. And four civilians who had accidentally got in the way. When the Watch members questioned him about it, he had told them...

"Unavoidable."

But was it? Ah, it doesn't matter. Statistics. They got in the way. Wrong place wrong time.

As he had been thinking, and talking to himself, he had managed to remove his clothing. He padded off to the shower and took a thorough wash, at the least he was there thirty minutes cleaning. After drying he exited the bathroom, and dressed in comfortable pajama's.

He also put on soothing classical music, as he walked slowly towards a desk, whistling with the violin as he heard it playing. He looked at the holo-emiter as he changed the chanels, seeing the news; what had happened at the bar..

He coughed, clearing his voice as he turned to pay attention to his desk, turning off the emiter. He eyed his computer, as he brought up a menu, and then went further into his private areas. His journal.

He began to type..

There was a scuffle at one of the bars during my shift at The Watch. Why do I still care to help them? They always stare at me. It's because of my size. Because of what I am. I should.... The bar. Some small gang, or whatever you want to call these...miscreants, took it hostage. Fools.

They assumed because they had human shields, I would hold back. I didn't. They died painfully, I made sure of it. Afterwards I was asked if the civilians had to die...They didn't, but it would have gotten in the way of the primary issue, so they were necessary sacrifices.

Thought of her, was going to call- but I figured she saw it on the holo-emitter. Perhaps I should arrange another dinner meeting."

Flux looked at the entry, and hit enter. He then leaned back in his chair, sighing..

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2005, 01:54:16 PM
She'd come in silently - his door was unlocked, and the Lupine snuck in easily. The bag of groceries she had brought with her now sat on counter in the small kitchenette, and as she stole quietly through the Guardian's apartment, s'Il grinned to herself.

The story had been on one of GNN's affiliate channels, and s'Il had caught the tail end of it. Her snap decision to visit the small Guardian had been just that - decided in an instant, yet she knew it would be for the best. At least, in her mind she thought so. Whenever the two had met, they'd always gone to restaurants; but s'Il wanted to do something special for the 'kid'. And even if her cooking skills were terribly lacking, she figured it couldn't be too hard to make Bothan Sezchuan. And so, her beer had been left where she'd set it, and the Lupine had left her own small apartment on a mission to the nearest grocery store.

It'd taken a short time for her to gather the necessary ingrediants, and praying that she hadn't forgotten anything, the Lupine set off once more.

And now, she was at Flux's home, silently moving through rooms. Peering around corners and moving fluidly, the Lupine spotted the diminutive Guardian sitting - his back to her - and s'Il's grin grew wide.

Crouched low, she krept closer to him. He looked tired, from the slumped shoulder beneath his nightclothes and how he'd leaned back, letting out a sigh.

And that was when she moved. s'Il swept up, her hands snaking out to cup his eyes in her palms, and she brought herself close to him, leaning in as she craned her neck and rested her chin on his bald head. Her hair fell forward as well, locks of blonde/brunette strands tickling the sides of his head as her grin remained.

"Guess who!"

Mr. Flux
Feb 27th, 2005, 01:59:41 PM
To say he was startled didn't acurately describe his reaction. She more or less freaked him out, as his eyes opened to see palms, but he recognized the voice, as he breathed deeply. A small grin moved across his childish face as his hands grasped her wrists, lightly squeezing them a moment..

"The only one I wouldn't kill for doing that."

He smiled some as he enjoyed the closeness with s'Ilancy, even if his eyes were being forcibly shut by her palms..

"Here because of the holonet?"

His small voice asked..

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2005, 02:10:24 PM
Pulling her hands away to rest on his shoulders, s'Il made no move to shake loose his own grips on her wrists. She leaned back a little, still smiling lightly.

"Yeah," her voice was quiet, "I saw it."

The Lupine shook her head a little, giving his small shoulders a gentle and reassuring squeeze. "It's you're job though - you did the best you could."

Mr. Flux
Feb 27th, 2005, 02:20:53 PM
" My job..."

He seemed to be lost in thought as he stared at his computer, which still had his journal entry up. He minimized it, so that she wouldn't be able to read anything. After all, he had some privacy.. He looked around his apartment, to the window; at their reflection. Eventually he smiled, and he turned to look at her, face to face..

"Thought to make sure I didn't snap? Go nuts?"

He grinned, somewhat sadistically at that thought.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2005, 02:33:27 PM
Rocking back on her heals, s'Il reached out to rub her hand playfully over his head.

"Naw, I'm not worried about that." She turned then, heading from the room at a leisurely pace. "Everyone loses it at some point, but I have faith in you, Kiddo. You've got a pretty level head on your shoulders."

Disappearing out the door, the Lupine made her way through the apartment to the kitchen.

"You know," she began, stepping over a pair of trousers that'd been left on the floor, "I think it's a good thing I came over - this place could use a little tidying up."

Mr. Flux
Feb 27th, 2005, 02:38:23 PM
"My place is the way I like it!"

He said exasperatedly. Sure, it was a bit messy, but thats how it was! He stood up, his PJ's kind've...baggy on his small frame. He looked in the kitchen as he stepped up to it.

"I can find anything that I'm looking for."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2005, 02:55:36 PM
s'Il tsked at him, giving him a look from over her shoulder as she stepped up to the counter and began pulling groceries from the paper bag she'd previously deposited on the counter.

"Kiddo, I may be a little addled in the head, but a clean ship is always nice to come home to. It helps one clear their thoughts and think better."

She gave him a warm smile then, running fingers through her hair. The Lupine winked at him as she stared at him standing in his pajamas... he looked so much like a child; granted he was in body, but she still couldn't help the feelings of some form of motherly instinct taking hold within her. Her free hand went down to her stomach then, unconsciously brushing over her stomach as her thoughts went to her own inadiquate, barren body.

"It'll be good for you."

Mr. Flux
Feb 27th, 2005, 04:00:43 PM
As if he was the cliche kid, he picked it up without a beat.

"I'll do it later."

He said as he smiled to her, as he looked her up and down, as he realized how he was still dressed. Flux thought about it, if she was going to be here, the least he could do would be to dress in something other than pajamas..

"I'm going to get changed."

He walked off, and into his room, as he started to take off the pajama top, but he realized who was in his home, not but less than twenty feet away. He took a step forward and he hit the button to close his bedroom door, it sliding shut, he took off his PJ's, and he looked at his collection of clothes.

Mostly it was his guardian dress. But he was relaxing. And she was here. He'd be eating with her. Formal was out of the question. He grabbed for a pair of baggy khaki pants, and put them on. After that, he grabbed a white shirt. He pulled that up and over his body, as he eyed himself in the mirror.

Dashing, he came to the conclusion. He put on some socks and boots, and stepped out. She, no doubt, expected the guardian drab.

"What're you making?"

His young, raspy voice questioned.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2005, 04:36:14 PM
As he changed, s'Il had finished emptying the contents of the bag out onto the counter. She folded the brown paper bag, then opened one of the lower cabinets and placed it inside.

Without turning around, the Lupine went about setting everything up as Flux came back.

"Bothan Sezchuan," she answered, looking through cupboards for pans and other cooking utensils.

And then she did turn around, her eyes taking on a slightly surprised look.

"You look... different... "

Mr. Flux
Feb 27th, 2005, 05:58:41 PM
Flux shrugged as he licked his lips..

"Sounds yummy. Mind if I lurk about, watching you?"

He eyed her carefully, as she was still taking in his new dress. Honestly, not many people saw him like this. Occasionally he dressed..like a civilian, and when he did, he was treated like a child. Hence him always dressing formerly, or in his correct garb.

"Cook, that is."

He smiled.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:16:46 PM
With a snort, the Lupine went back to her self-imposed task of preparing their meal. Spices, vegetables, noodles, and meat were all layed out on the counter before her search for a cutting board took precendence over all.

"You can do whatever you wish - I won't stop you."

Her search was yielding no results, and s'Il stood slightly frustrated, looking about the kitchen. The cuttingboard was no where to be found - assuming he even had one.

She looked down at him then. "Do you even cook at home?"

Mr. Flux
Mar 23rd, 2005, 08:33:15 PM
"Rarely."

He confessed with a grin. Watching her try to find things in his kitchen was quite humorous- she was confused. Didn't know where things were, if he even had what she was looking for.

"Whatcha looking for?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 23rd, 2005, 08:42:52 PM
Giving the kitchen a glance-over, the Lupine sighed as she leaned against the counter.

"I need a cuttingboard."

Mr. Flux
Mar 23rd, 2005, 09:01:28 PM
He rolled his eyes when he heard what she was looking for. He moved to a cupboard door, that was near the ground. It had pots, pans- other items. He grabbed a cutting board from the very back. He moved it and set it on the counter. He looked up to her, shaking his head, as if he was not impressed..

"Think like your four feet tall."...He said with a grin and then walked to a drawer, and removed a knife, and set it on the board.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 23rd, 2005, 09:16:25 PM
A silent 'ooohh' was mouthed, and s'Il watched as Flux set the knife atop the now-revealed cutting board.

"Thanks."

She had half an inclination to pick him up and deposit him on the countertop next to her workspace, but unsure of how he would react, she simply went about opening a packet of ronto skillet steaks. The meat was layed out on the cuttingboard, and the Lupine grasped the knife, beginning to cut thin strips away.

"You haven't called lately," she started, making conversation, "I was beginning to wonder if you were ok."

Mr. Flux
Mar 23rd, 2005, 09:22:48 PM
"Worrying for little old me?"

He smiled as he moved to stand to her right, watching her cut the meat. He then nodded..

"Well, it's a job. Handling the dirty work. I've not been in contact with any of the others." Obviously, he meant other guardians.."So, I just occasionally help the Watch. Also, I study whenever I can."

"That, and I have my own devices."

He didn't. She knew that. If she could see his journal, she would be able to tell as well. He looked around as he looked to her waist..."And what about you? Still smuggling?"

He asked with a coy grin.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 23rd, 2005, 09:36:34 PM
Lupine looked down to Guardian - an odd situation for any other of their two kinds to find themselves in. Just the sheer juxtaposition of the two in such close quarters, without the threat of a fight or scuffle, was something very new to any who knew the nature of each.

s'Il blinked.

"Oh, well, not really smuggling technically. Just a few things here and there. You know. Have to pay the rent somehow."

Of course, he knew as well as she did that her method of securing financial security was very much less than within the boundaries of the law. Even the glint in her eyes told him what he already knew. Yet, what he didn't know was that she already had that security. A stolen Hutt fortune; invested and now earning more than ever, was her little secret. Only her and her accountant knew what she was worth.

Bt this? All that she did now? Mostly it was for fun; something to do, and something to pass the time. The Lupine had her vices, but she also knew a lucrative market when she saw one.

Mr. Flux
Mar 23rd, 2005, 09:45:24 PM
"Hm..Of course."

He said with a smile. He then jumped up onto the counter- right next to where she was cooking. As if he read her mind earlier. Besides, he was getting a rather bad crick in his neck from looking up and to the side.

"Were you serious about Thyferra?"

He questioned. It had been several weeks since their last dinner, where she had made the offer to 'take him away from it all'. Give him a life.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 23rd, 2005, 10:00:49 PM
The question caught her off guard, but s'Il made no indication of being surprised. She did however, give him a sidelong look, mirth in her eyes as he sat on the counter beside her.

"Well," she began, still cutting, "yes, I was serious. Though I'm afraid alot has happened in those last few weeks since we last talked. You can still go to Thyferra if you wish; I won't deny you that, but I have to stay here."

Mr. Flux
Mar 23rd, 2005, 10:27:20 PM
"Oh."

He said, his tone of voice a bit let down. But he shrugged it off. He looked to her.

"So, is just meat going in this stuff?"

She'd been cutting for some time.